Greenwood , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Greenwood Camping Reviews
Nice clean campground, despite its popularity!

I made my reservation on the Recreation.gov app. Showed up at 2am and got in the gate without a hitch; the system worked well. Nice campground, nice sites, lots of folks out as it’s spring break. Despite the crowds, the restroom/bathhouse was clean and in good order. Got up and took a walk around the park in the morning and I was really impressed. I highly recommend this campground, especially if you’re into playing in the water.

Seven Points is wonderful!

Seven Points campground has wonderful long, waterfront sites to watch amazing sunsets. J. Percy Priest lake is very nice as well!

We absolutely love this place!

2020 was our first year camping and we loved salt lick creek camping. The camp ground was so clean, and nice. We would recommend this place to anyone.

Great Campground

This COE campground is great.  We were in site 68 and had plenty of room.  The site had plenty of space, level,  and fairly easy to back into.  the only downside is that the site did not have sewer hookup.  There was no cell phone coverage on ATT network.

Great Night Sleep

Great December sleep in go as we headed south. Clean campground and beautiful scenery…will return outside winter season.

Love the Platform sites

We love the platform sites that are so spacious and private. Easy access to dump station and bath houses. Almost all sites have view of water. It was very peaceful and quiet. It is very affordable especially for state employees. We will return.

Amazing Spot

This is such a great spot. Affordable, walking distance to town and yet the grounds make you feel like you’re in a park far away from everything. Beautiful pines on property and lots of local hiking nearby. It’s January, so quiet season. I am able to walk my dog over the few acres and really enjoy the property, the creek (Barren Fork) & wildlife. Mickey is the guy, if you need anything. He and his electrician really went above and beyond to get me set up. These are good people. And this place rocks. Can’t wait for kayak season.

Quick stopover

November 16, 2020 We arrived after dark, and left fairly early the next morning so didn’t spend a lot of time there. Went for a short walk before we left in the morning. Parking sites are on wooden platforms which was fine for our Winnebago Revel, but a bit weird for my daughter who was sleeping in a tent, but it all worked out fine. The only amenities we used were the dump station and restrooms. Restrooms were clean and heated.

Beautiful lake and limestone formations but that’s about all we saw of the park.

Ok for an overnight

This park is very run down. If it weren't for how nice the lady was and the super sweet dogs, I'd give it two stars.

Pros: -Easy to get to if you come in/out from 99, and not terribly difficult if you come the other way (through the state park entrance) -Sites are big and even -Only a few minutes away from town where you can get groceries, find restaurants, and a couple big-rig friendly gas stations. -Full hookups -Not crowded, so it's very quiet. There's a train track nearby, but it didn't wake me at night -Free firewood! -Online reservation system works well -Had to adjust my reservation because of engine trouble, and was able to call and make the change with no difficulty

Cons: -Multiple RVs that look like they've been broke down there for years -Weird random toilet and a bunch of junk in the check-in station -No one AT the check-in station, and with no cell service I just had to sit there for 20 minutes for someone to come around, so I definitely don't suggest staying without a reservation (I had one) -No service for TMobile and almost none for Verizon (was told at&t works, but I can't verify)

Things that could've just been me: -Couldn't get the water to work (I've never used an underground water connection before) -Couldn't get my furnace to work (again, could have been me, but it worked at the site before and the one after 🤷‍♀️) so I had to use a space heater and pay an extra $2.5/day. It was still freezing at night

Things that might bother other people: -There's a few large dogs allowed to roam off leash. Didn't bother me in the slightest, I love dogs and they were so, so sweet and knew all the basic commands. Very well mannered and playful but they'll bark when you drive by. If you have dogs that aren't friendly to other dogs or if you're afraid of even friendly ones, this probably isn't the place for you. -No laundry, public showers, or restrooms. Not an issue for me as I have all that in my rig, but if you don't it could be a problem if you plan to stay long term.

All in all, I'd definitely stay there again. It's not the Ritz or anything but it's fine if you're just passing through for a night or two.

Great Camping for all types of campers

I’ve used my hammock in their “hammocks only” sites and I’ve done the hike-in backcountry sites and love this place. As a resident of the Franklin area, it’s super close to get away for the weekend.