Clio, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Clio Camping Reviews
Great experience!

I have loved staying at swamp fox camp ground. We stayed for a few months and have adored all the people here. Especially the ones who work here. Always kept clean and friendly.

Great little place

Nothing to do here but camp and enjoy the day. They will have a beautiful when it fills up. Good hiking trails

Lovely little campground on the river

We used this campground as a stopping point after a trip to Fantasy Lake Water Park.  It's secluded, small, cute, and located right on the Lumber River.

Our particular site, PA 7, is one of two right on the river's edge, across from the Naked Landing trail.  Sites 7 & 8 would be perfect for two families to camp together, because they'd have the whole trail area to themselves.  These sites have a bit of hike-in required, in that you can't drive up to them (see my uploaded photo of where the parking lot is in relation to the sites).

There is a vault toilet near the parking lot ("that's gonna be a no from me, dog") but an actual restroom facility across the parking lot.

Each of the sites has its own trash can, and a ranger comes by in the morning to empty it.

The river is nice to swim in after a hot summer's day, although the bottom is quite squishy.  It's a good area to fish or use small watercraft.

We slept in hammocks and were awoken at dawn by a cacophony of juvenile barred owls directly above us.

A great campsite!

A great campsite! We had a fantastic time last week! We also had the privelidge of having the park COMPLETELY to ourselves…the ranger confirmed that we were the only campers that night!

A beautiful site, we only wished that we could stay longer.

So much to do !! Fun activities all the time!

I love it here I can relax or keep busy with all the fun activity! The atmosphere is friendly and fun! The pool the hot tub , volleyball, game room and well stocked store! Bands on weekend crafts golf cart rentals!

Put it on your list

Clean, quiet, and affordable. Pool, laundry, pond, full hookups. Friendly staff. Save this site

Nice pond

Nice fishing pond. Well off the road.

Nice get away

No grill, limited camp store. Propane on site, friendly staff.

The best!

We had an absolutely amazing time! Tons of activities for the kids and adults! Nice clean bath houses, paved roads all the way through and the sites we're great!

Not overly impressed

Unsure how we felt about this place had to walk so far to get to anything

Always a blast

Bring your ATV AND LET LOOSE!!!

Owners are mean

I loved the campground itself. It was quiet, small, no activities tho and clean. But the only interaction the male owner had w me, is he yelled at me twice. Once my dog got out of camper by accident and I immediately picked him up and apologized. The woman (Cathy) owner was nice and all was forgiven. But the male owner couldn’t realize it was an accident and my dog was out for less then 2 sec. I immediately got him and put him in rv. Every time the man came around.. he never looked friendly or happy. Always w a frown and grumpy. The next time, my autistic grandson went into the bathroom and he broke the toilet dispenser.. instead of us not saying anything and let them discover it, I felt it was a Christian thing to do is admit he did it and offer to pay for it… even tho the company who supplies that dispenser gives them away free w the toilet paper order (my husband works w same company at his job and knows them well) the man proceeded to yell at me. Then threatened to call the cops to have us removed… I asked Why? Cuz we offered to pay for something our grandchild broke? The man is crazy and would NEVER come here again. Accidents happen, and it was probably something wrong w dispenser in the first place… who knows, but he is not a people person AT ALL!

Awesome Spot for a race

Camping to the general public is not permitted here unless you’re in a group, or volunteering. The first weekend in March most of the roads in the refuge are closed and is staged out for the Sandblast Rally. Tons of fun for a volunteer and a great excuse to be outdoors.

Small cozy site

Only about 25 or so sites. All with water and electric hookups. Per did not work at our site so we had to move from our great lake view site to one next to the bath house. Hiking trails not do good

Great little spot for everyone

Awesome park about ten minutes outside of Florence. Has an environmental learning center. A canopy boardwalk in the trees. Kayak loading dock. And small campground with archery course.

Permit needed

Large area where dog training sport hunting is permitted. Not a campground. However home to the largest rally race in the southeast!

Camping with permit only

Home to an awesome rally that takes place in the month of March.

Primitive, yet plentiful

Awesome primitive little get away, with beautiful views. Rustic stone and wood shelters. Ponds for fishing. Far away from city lights so great for stargazing.

Awesome little spot

Great little park about 20 minute drive from Florence. Clean bathrooms. My dog was a bit confused by seeing horses for the first time. Super friendly staff.

Perfect

Perfect little gem on the outskirts of a dirty little town. Many amenities, beautiful views. A cute little beach area with kayak and canoe rentals. Day area open from 8am to sunset.

Off the Beaten path

5 of us on 4 motorcycles needed a place to stay for the night on the way to Myrtle Beach bike week. After you drive down a long sandy rutty road you come to the farm. A little oasis for the road weary. Mostly long term trailers are here but the do have tent camping. Nestled in the woods with sandy soil. Excellent rates. 25$ for the 5 of us and the best bathrooms ever!

Quirky and close to interstate

We just stopped for an overnight. Had a pull thru with full hookups. You def can't miss it from the road… it's got a lot of neon and a ton of sites. Would stay again if passing through for sure!

WPP

Off in the sticks. Nothing around it. Witness Protection Program

Peaceful place to unwind

Always have a great time at Lee State Park. There are horse trails and stables if you ride horses. Most of the sites are well kept, there was one or two that has big roots all over the site, they say there going to fix…very good place to camp…

Exceptional

Clean. Friendly. Convenient. SO much to do right in the campground. You will be glad you visited Daddy Joes.

Unique outdoor learning opportunity

Camping is not open to the general public at this wildlife preserve. However, for the purpose of environmental education programs and research activity, school groups and youth groups are welcome to visit the preserve for ranger led programs and can stay overnight at special rustic group campsites. This is with the permission of the refuge, and you must contact the station to obtain a permit. Camping is free, but the camping ground is required to do some kind of service learning project while in residence, and/or submit a list of species observed or studied while in residence. Independent researchers wanting to study the unique landscape, habitats, flora and fauna of the preserve may also apply for permits to camp here as well. This is a unique opportunity in a unique location! Hiking, fishing, and boating are also available, in addition to wildlife watching and nature study. Read more about the preserve here: https://www.fws.gov/refuge/Carolina_Sandhills/visit/plan_your_visit.html

you can print out a brochure here: https://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/CarolinaSandhillsBrochure.pdf

If you just want general day use recreation in the preserve, you can also camp nearby in the Sandhills State Forest: https://www.state.sc.us/forest/refshill.htm#rec

Not many sewer sites and difficult to get reservations.

This campground sells memberships. Lots of members, but few available sites as a result.

Great campground

I just love the name of this campground- Little Pee Dee is located in South Carolina and it is near the town of Dillon. The lake is absolutely beautiful, and one of my favorite things about this park. Part of the lake is from the Carolina Bay, and the coloring of the water is gorgeous. The campground and facilities are great. I thought the bathroom on site was very clean and taken care of. They also have a shower facility on site too. The shower facilities did get a little hot because there wasn't any fans in the area. It looked like they had some sort of heater, which would be nice for the winter. The area was a little hot and steamy after the shower. If you have kids they will love the playground that is in the campground as well. There are also a lot of great trails and hikes to do. My family and I did a hike everyday that we stayed here, for a total of 3 hikes. The scenery is gorgeous, especially the hikes that over look the lake. We camped with our RV, but you can also tent camp as well. I know when my family went in 2017 they had drained the lake because of a hurricane so If you plan on going I would suggest doing some research to see if the lake is back and running. If having no lake is fine with you, then I would definitely still recommend going. The hiking is amazing and worth the stay in itself.

Quiet, neat, clean place to stay

Cleanest pool I have been in in years, nice catch n release pond, quiet, they sprayed for bugs, lots are pull they and plenty of space

Convenience is key

Close to highway, conveniently located & open restaurants in winter. Also lots of souvenirs shops if that’s what you’re into.