Bamberg, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Bamberg Camping Reviews
Serene setting but close sites

We stayed at the Oaks at Point South for 2 weeks.  The sites were a bit close, also, when it rained the byproduct was mud.  However, the sites all had live oaks with spanish moss, there was a large pond(s) with great walking trails and lots of beautiful birds.

The staff was very accomodating.  They accepted packages shipped to you.  Most of the sites were pull thru.  Propane (at a really good price) was available at the KOA just 1 mile away.  T-Mobile cell coverage was great.

Nothing (groceries, etc.) was nearby.  The closest non-convenience store grocery was 12 miles away and the nearest Walmart was 23 miles away.

When running out slides you may need to juggle your rig a bit to clear the trees, as I said earlier, sites are close with big trees.

We would stay here again.

Weird weekend

February 2017. Spent 2 nights with a decent sized group of friends. There was a renaissance fair going on, bunch of people LARPing like it was medieval times. Knights and swords and peasants and stuff. 10/10 would watch again. Creek is fun to float in the summer.

Tiny Treasure

Had the opportunity to stop by for one night as we returned from Hunting Island State Park.  This is a hidden little gem that is on my list to spend a couple of nights at.  They coyotes howling at night were insane but to me that adds to the camping experience.

Words cannot describe!!!

Worst campground I have ever stayed at in 30 plus years.. Small/narrow sites with half a picnic table.. was supposed to have 50 amp only thirty. No internet though advertised.. Tree branches and debris everywhere.. And expensive..

Santee State park

BE CAREFUL EROSION IS SEVERE IN SECTIONS OF THE PARK. We stayed here for a week to take care of some medical issues. VA healthcare is difficult on the road. Anyway the campground is ok, nothing amazing. The location is nice. They have a boat dock. Cabins and 2 RV camping areas. The bugs are plentiful. The shoreline is difficult to reach from the campground. I see the lots are mowed after the campers leave. The grass gets mowed and anything left on the ground gets chopped up, small trash included. When we arrived with our RV we were neve directed to check in. We found our site and on the pole was a small tag with our name and a checkout date. We have been here 5 of the 7 days and we have yet to see the camp host unless he IS the "Mad Mower" even so we didnt get as much as a wave. My wife did venture over to the restroom / showers and refuses to return. She said they were not clean and had bugs everywhere and it was disgusting.  I figured she was exaggerating so I checked the men's room. It really needs some help. I would be happy to spray down a bath house or 2 but since I haven't seen a camp host I will leave it be. It's amazing how much fellow campers will help out if they have the opportunity,  I was ready to help and even have everything needed to help out. Maybe I will see him this weekend before I get busy with other things. Anyways this came was not a bad experience so far but I think they really need some better hosts and maybe set up some kind of activities. They have nothing going on here other than the lake. UPDATE: Before we left our week stay in santee we were able to visit the other campground connect to the same park to get to this side you must turn right. They were collecting a $2 fee. At 1st everything seemed ok. Minor road damage, downed trees here and there, nothing that 2ould keepme away. It seemed like the permanent camps were here. Some of the camps appear to have been set up for a very long time. As we went back the roads got worse and worse. I would not take my rig into the back 2 loops without locking in 4 wheel drive and riding on the "grass" to go around. The road in the back has some major road erosion going on. I suggest you walk back before taking a rig of any size back there. With the leaves on the ground it does not look bad. I saw drops of at least 12" BE VERY CAREFUL, THE ROAD EROSION IS SEVERE.

National Park. Beautiful, pristine trails in a lowland, River-swamp habitat

Pristine, but organized trails near the Consgree river and Swamp. Lots of wildlife and ancient trees on the trails. Small campsite to include group camping. 40 miles from downtown Columbia SC. A rare treat to go back in time like this.

Good overnight stop

We stayed here overnight on our way to the beach. The Edisto River runs by the campground and people were fishing. Campground was small but had what we needed to spend the night with a small camp store on site. The only thing bad was it was in August and the evening temps were around 90. Don’t recommend camping in this part of the world in the hottest part of the summer. We motel‘ it on the way back.

Small primitive campsite that is nice and quiet

About 300 feet from the parking lot so easy to walk into and make trips back to the car or motorcycle in my case. It’s lowlands so it floods easily in heavy rains…learned this the hard way! Picnic table available at each site.

Great camping for fishing lovers

I wish they would stock a little more fish. Great areas of campgrounds. Great water park for kids and everyone. Full hook ups. Small supply store on site.

Great

Excellent staff and facility. Five stars

Collenton

Fairly open & not too much privacy. Very nice river acces makes up for it, spent nearly all of time at the river or exploring. Trail leading off the campgrounds through the woods is very fun, saw a corn snake and found a geocache.

Wasn't for us

We are more of a state park kind of campers and these spots were very close together. Great for passing through but you won't see me there again. Internet was spotty at best.

Nice

Small but nice park on the river

Pretty

Stayed here a lot beautiful setting on the edisto river

Keep going back

This campground offers wildlife and great views. We were able to go hiking and kayaking at this park and saw deer while at our campsite in the evenings. We’ve stayed twice now and enjoyed it both times in different sites.

Geese, ducks, ROOSTER!

Beautiful place but the rooster! 4:30 in the morning! Maybe get far from the office.

Peaceful

For our first time camping in our RV the staff was very friendly and helpful. The crew escorted us to our campsite, made sure we where happy. This was done with anyone who came in to camp.

If you don’t feel like cooking, order their awesome pizza, wings and they will deliver it to you by golf cart.

Our trash was picked up every morning. Campsite, pool and laundry area was kept clean.

We had an awesome view from our campsite of Santee Lake. We definitely will be coming back!

We loved it!

Our family of five was able to do hiking, boating, and geocaching! We love this place so much :-)

Great state park

Had a great time hiking and fishing

Small quiet campground

Not much to do here. Close to the interstate and right on the Edisto River. There are about 25 sites and some are very small and very unlevel. One bath house at the entrance to the campground

Right on the Edisto River

Small campground not far from Charleston and very close to Bee City Zoo. This campground has several shelters one with a fireplace at both ends. The tent camping area is awesome and has a great layout with lockable chuck boxes on each site along with power and water. There are several large fields to let the kids run wild. There are also a few hike in sites in the very back with some bathrooms.

Great campground

They have 2 different campgrounds one which has been updated. We have stayed here several times and have enjoyed it every time. They have a few trails to hike. Both campgrounds are on Lake Marion. There is a little BBQ restaurant called Lone Star right outside the park that is pretty good. Bathhouses are in decent shape.

Lovely stay

Lovely campground, the office workers are very friendly. There are a few full timers there who are always friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this RV park.

Just OK.

Bathrooms nasty. Rough roads. Nice lake.

Fun times!

Our family loves this campground! Lot for the kids to do! Had activities planned throughout our time there. Not much shade and camper had a hard time cooling but overall a wonderful experience. We will be back!

Ranger Review: Eagle’s RV Campground

We called to reserve a week long stay and were told they had sites available, which turned out was only one. The campground is definitely a “no frills” park and mostly used by long term/permanent residents. The host/owner had us pull right next to his own rig, it was a tight fit and we had zero privacy. He then proceeded to sit on his RV stairs and smoke and stare at us both when we were outside and when we were in our rig. We could smell the smoke which isn’t ok with us. We didn’t even bother to put the slides out. When we set up the electricity we had fire ants attack us. We decided quickly that we’d only stay the night and we’d leave first thing in the morning. Across the street is a nice state park and campground (Colleton State Park) but they unfortunately didn’t have any sites open big enough for our 30 ft class A. I’d recommend staying there over this campground if you want to be in this exact area. We luckily found another campground closer to Charleston to stay at.

Great little campground

Quiet spot, easy access to the Edisto River. We rented kayaks and had a great time.

Back to nature at this well-maintained campground (Bluff)

There are two campgrounds at Congaree.  You park at Longleaf parking lot, where there are walk-in sites and vault toilets (clean but terrifying to squat over the abyss). We then walked 1 mile to our campsite at Bluff, where there are 6 sites available.  The sites are situated around a large, grassy area, and there isn't much privacy. (From what I saw, Longleaf sites offer more privacy.)  But you can't beat $5/night.

The walk to Bluff is not difficult but there are lots of tree roots.  We brought a beach cart to help tote our stuff, and we had to navigate those roots.  You will be packing light!

The very nice and air-conditioned Harry Hampton Visitors Center has a water fountain for filling bottles.  You will need lots of water if you are camping during the summer months.  It's also 1 mile to the visitors center.

The trails are well-marked, which is great when you're trying to find your way back to your site in the dark.

There is lots of hiking (easy and difficult) and good fishing in Weston Lake.  Canoeing and kayaking are completely dependent on the water levels at the time, which fluctuate greatly.

There is nothing in the way of swimming, which is a bummer in the summer.

Right off 95

Wow! Amazing CG. Full hookups. All pull through. Easy Easy in and out. Quiet even tho close to I95.
We will be back when we head up from FL. Price very reasonable. Walk to Cracker Barrel.

Crowded and Worn

A beautiful location on the lake. All campsites can probably see the lake a little.

Downside is that it's super crowded. Apparently all the fishermen drag their families in along with their boats. While they're fishing, Mom and the kids are left in the campground.

Amenities are standard for SC parks, but they're worn-out. Could definitely use a refresh.