Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 40 ft.
Prince Gallitzin is located in Pennsylvania
16 Reviews of Prince Gallitzin
Prince Gallitzin SP

A huge park and packed to the brim with campers. Even on a Sunday evening. Parkee told me that normal summer get about 90 to 95% capacity, but with Covid they are surpassing that even during the week. Lucky to get a spot.

Fairly level, shaded sites, ours with electricity. ATT & Verizon signal were usable. Big lake for water sports & fishing. Would return again when it is less crowded. Easy to maneuver roads even for larger rigs.

Plenty of do for everyone

This is probably one of my favorite campgrounds in PA and we like to stay right along the wooded area by beach and playground.

This gives the kids access to water, playground, and a quick trip up to the camp store for ice cream.  We've also rented a pontoon boat for the day from the marina which is great time as well.  They have a mountain bike course in the back of the park in addition to hiking trails that border the lake.

Prince Gallitzin is definitely one of the larger state parks in Pennsylvania so expect there to be a lot of people and busier but it's a very nice place to visit.

Depends what you’re looking for!

This campground was our least favorite of the many we’ve been to this summer, in large part because there were so many people! We stayed in 103 RedOak loop because we had our dogs. The site itself was fine, and there were no hook ups - which we knew- in that section. The mix of tents and smaller pop ups was nice. But, if you want to get away and be in nature this may not be your spot. The sites across/diagonal to us started playing movies on their big screen projector Friday and Sat. nights. If I wanted to hear my neighbors movies I would have stayed home. And others in our loop arrived late, close to 11 pm and spent the next hour hammering stakes for their tent. Everything just felt so loud. Because it was pet friendly there was a constant barking festival - our dogs included- because you were basically on the main loop road where everyone walked their dogs with little privacy.

We also hoped to work on Friday during our stay given they advertise WiFi. We paid for WiFi for the day and couldn’t get much work done. We won’t make that mistake again. There was little to no data for AT&T.

We spent a day on the lake on a pontoon that was from 1972. The younger staff were great and all respectful wearing masks. The lake was fine but nothing like Deep CreekMD or Summersville, WV. People were average friendly. The trails were nice enough but they were walking trails around the lake. Our dogs liked that.

If you want to kayak or fish, that’s the adventure you’ll get here. And you will be in campground Americana with 300 other people.

Family friendly

I grew up near this park so I’m a little used to it, however, it’s perfect for families. Good trails, kayak rentals, and a private beach for the campgrounds make it a nice vacation spot. I had a good time.

Great campground

We stayed in the Red Oak section, site 113. The site was roomy enough, but next time I know to try to reserve on the outside perimeter for more room.

Dogs are permitted in this area of the campground and honestly they were all well behaved.

The bathhouse was a bit dated, but clean with a nice size dressing area within each of the 6 shower stalls. I believe there were 10 toilets as well. On the outside of the bathhouse were 2 sinks to do dishes.

The camp store was fairly priced, centrally located and they even delivered wood to your site.

The trails were nice, but I wish we had been given a better map to show where we could walk with our dog instead of discovering no dogs allowed when we arrived to certain areas.

We will definitely return.

Beautiful park

This is a beautiful camping area and around Halloween they have a costume parade and a trick or treat at the campsites. Check with park services for dates.

Clean sites with nearby water and bathrooms.

We used the group tent sites for our Girl Scout weekend. It was a fun weekend. We participated in the Outdoors for Everyone event. The site was clean, decently level area for tents, accessible to potable water and bathrooms with showers. Rangers were wonderful to work with in setting up teaching opportunities for the girls. We will definately go back.

Clean , friendly , a lot to do .

It’s a very nice place to camp , people are friendly , boating -fishing-swimming-hiking . Something to do for everyone.

Natural beauty!

Very nice state park in PA. Huge lake for water sports, scenic trails, small dirt bike oval track.

Quiet and peaceful

This campground is perfect for people who are looking to get away from busy city life or just want to relax next to a lake. Even though you can't see the lake from every site you can be there within a 10 minute walk. They have pet friendly sites, bike trails, and you can canoe, kayak, and take boats out on the lake. There are specific swimming areas and you can fish just about anywhere. Little to no cell service and there are some local stores/restaurants around the lake within 5-10 miles of the campground but most things close between 8-10pm. There is a camp store with food and supplies available sonif you show up with a text and a sleeping bag they can help out with the rest. Keep in mind being in the woods and by the lake it Ian always 5-15 degrees cooler than the surroundings towns so I feel you are leaving and want to explore the areas outside the campground be prepared for it to be much warmer than expected. I've been going here my whole life (32 years) and it is always clean and the people who work/volunteer there are super friendly and helpful. I've been there during every month they are open and each season is a new and exciting experience. They have a lot I feel family oriented activities and so you don't need to leave to find something to do.