Big Bass Lake, PENNSYLVANIA

Camping Pennsylvania Big Bass Lake

Most Recent Big Bass Lake Camping Reviews
Has potential but not well managed

Went for spring break in March of 2020. The owners are not giving it 100%.. They don't seem to care much about upkeep.  There were a lot of old campers and only 2 other tent campers.

Also kind of hard to find if you don't have GPS.

The neighbor is a mining operation and made noise all day.  That was a negative.

Not bad for a good price

Right on Lake Wallenpaupack. Boat slips available if you own a boat. Pretty quiet. Bathrooms old but well kept. Water and electric. No sewer but can get honey wagon and there is a dump station on way out. Price was very good

Good campground for families.

My dog and I stayed for 2 nights in the rustic tenting area. We were the only campers Wednesday & Thursday. The family camp area features spaces (small areas for either RV campers or tents and cars) with a picnic table and fire ring and water (some have electricity). They also have shared facilities such as bathrooms and showers. However, they seemed a little too cramped fir me and I wasn’t looking for opportunities to socialize, so the remote tent site was my choice. The tent sites do not have water or electric, but do have picnic tables, a fire ring and share one large outhouse with clean pit toilets. There are 5 sites and they can accommodate (shared) multiple tent set ups. Also you need to park your vehicle in a designated lot which is very close to the sites. There are multiple easy hiking and biking trails that are well marked. A lake for fishing and a small sandy beach with a picnic area for families (unfortunately no dogs are allowed on the beach). There are 2 boat launch areas (one for the campers, and another for gen. public) which also has a boat rental business (dogs are allowed). There are black bears in the park so do not leave food out and dispose of all trash in the appropriate dumpsters.

Family friendly

Nice place to camp

Very Friendly Staff, fourth time there

We just bought a small tear drop trailer and have begun taking it on weekend excursions.  We took it to Mountain View this weekend, with a little trepidation on how we were going to get the trailer backed into the space. Not to worry, they gave us a nice drive through space. Very friendly staff, quiet, wooded area, not that remote , but feels like a million miles away.

Will always be my favorite

I grew up at Lake Adventure. We spent most summers up there from 1979 through 1996. I then bought my own place there in 2005 and only sold it because we moved to VA. Pool is great, The lake is nice though maybe not the most pristine (have to be honest). Its fun to walk around the lake and boat in it, but swimming is just a bit suspicious…though plenty do it. There is a clubhouse with a game room and lots of community activities. People make lifelong friends here and you will love it.

Close to the River Towns and the Delaware River

We've tent camped here three or four times. It's a quiet wooded campground (not all spots, but most). Easy to get to, and friendly family ownership. They also have trailer hookups with electric and water and while not that remote (close to the River Towns in NJ) it feels remote when you are in the wooded spots.

We would recommend it… Two adults and one lazy bulldog.

Great balance of primitive and convience

We've started here many times. It's a nice family run campground with spaces from full hook-up, to clamping, to small cabins. There is a swimming pond and a nice hike takes you to the deleware river. Recommend it fully.

Quiet

Very clean and quiet. Website lists water hook ups at long distances but they have hose reels to help with that. Our site (15) said 75' however the 50' hose reel made it to our rv connection. Trash dumpster is an easy walk and the dump station has a flush hose point. Nice and easy little campground. FYI…. Campground rules do not list anything about alcohol on the website or the emailed rules given after reservation, however there is a alcohol prohibited sign as you enter.

Good campground, bad cell service

Check-in was quick and easy in spite of Covid precautions. This is a first-come, first-serve park in the Thousand Trails system so we had to drive around looking for a spot. The check-in process alerted us to the sites that had issues such as no water or cable(there were 5 or 6 of them). No issues navigating my 32' coach through the roads. There were a number of spots that could have easily fit our rig(although a few would have been too tight). The site was level with good power and water. Camp was pretty well maintained and very full. Campers were polite and friendly and probably about 50% or more of them fulltime or seasonal. The amenities were all closed so can't comment on those. A big HOWEVER, though: the cell service for most providers is practically non-existent. I understand this is not the park's fault and some would say that this is"real" camping-- try telling that to the two millennials that were staying with us. I would definitely return except for that.