The best RV SITES camping near
Wilburton , OKLAHOMA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Wilburton Camping Reviews
Corona Free Camping

So sick of just sitting at home. Wait a minute …. we have a portable home. We have probably camped around 8 times since March. I we can do distance or virtual learning from any place that we can use the hot spot on our phones. Love the camping hate the “Rona”. Still haven’t caught any fish. Guess we’ll try again next year since we have winterized. At least for now….we shall see.

Unhelpful, must have a reservation

Be aware, you will not be allowed into the park without a prior reservation. My husband and I came late into the area and needed a place to sleep. The website did not say that reservations were REQUIRED, just that they were available. The attendant would not let me make a quick reservation on my phone, even when I mentioned that it looked like plenty of spots were available. She said “oh yes, I’ve got lots of spaces.” She kicked us out. I will not be going back.

Fall break

October 7-9 we stayed in Dogwood campground spot number 81. We had a wonderful time and the weather was simply great. Colors were starting to change. Very clean campground and restrooms were very well maintained.

Gorgeous

I would have given this a 5 plus star review, however, when we booked it they failed to tell us the bathrooms and showers had been locked for the season! Would have been good information to know considering we were in a pop up. Lots of peeing in the woods and driving to town to 💩. All that aside, gorgeous view! Loved being able to walk to the rocky beach and fish! Quiet and beautiful. We had a great time!

Really nice area not far off the highway.

$23 for an RV spot and $14 for tent spot as of 2020. RV spots are paved

Great find

This was a great find for my son and I put on a long weekend stay. The staff at the camp were great, kind, responsive, and very helpful. The price is fantastic. The facilities are very basic but good. We will definitely be going back.

Beautiful area, facilities could use some updating

There are several campgrounds to choose from. We chose the Deep Fork campground because it offered several spots along the Fourche Maline River. Great fall views and perfect autumn weather. There was only one other overnight guest, although there were a few fisherman during the day.

We didn't use the restroom facilities, but they looked like they had seen better days. Fire rings and grills were okay. Concrete picnic tables.

Lots of hiking options throughout the state park. We saw some incredible views on the Robbers Cave trail. It was poorly marked, but even if you wander off the trail you will be okay. If you go too far you hit a dirt road the loops around the back of the trail and you'll know to circle back to the trail area.

The main camping area near Whispering Pines had a park office and a small grocery store. Not a huge selection, but you will find the essentials.

Cell service was spotty throughout. One spot you wouldn't have service and 30 feet further you'd have decent LTE (Verizon).

I would definitely visit again. The lake appeared to have some summer activities available, including a pool. But the autumn views and weather will be my choice time to visit.

Beautiful setting

Whispering Pines Campground is where we stayed within the state park. It was a beautiful and peaceful setting within the trees. The roads were paved so easy to push wheelchair around. Nice trails but not wheelchair friendly. There is a nice lodge that people can rent rooms and a nice meeting place overlooking the valley. We camped in the summer but fall camping would be beautiful with all the changing colors.

There are actives going on around the area you. An participate in so kids would love it.

https://www.travelok.com for reservations

Stop over

We stopped here do to winter storm. We did not get to enjoy much of what this site offered due to rain. Pull through sites lined by trees. Staff very friendly.

In the middle of nowhere beautiful!

This place was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! So beautiful with all the pine trees and being so far out from everything. The closest store/town is about 45 minutes so be sure to bring everything you need with you. Super close to the Talimena Scenic Drive and Horse Thief Spring and plenty of ATV/UTV trails. The park hosts were amazing and came to check on us throughout our stay. The park was still under construction for upgrades and repairs to their septic systems and equipment but didn’t bother us. We will DEFINITELY be returning with friends because it’s just to pretty not too!!!!