The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Turkey , NORTH CAROLINA

Camping North Carolina Turkey Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Turkey Camping Reviews
Great stop for the week

Friendly people. Full hook ups. Level spots. Pretty lake to look over. Easy on and off the highway and easy access to shopping and RV store. No frills but worth the money.

Enjoyed staying here for years, but this weekend was less than memorable...

I've had many good memories here, sad to see Ben Hardy not there anymore, he always went above and beyond to make your stay pleasant, most recently the mens bathroom was smelly, shower area very dirty, and no toilet tissue available, trash cans were over full there was paper towels all over the fioor, it just might be a while before i return there for a visit….  :(

Nice but noisy

Right off the highway. Campground up against i95 so traffic noise constantly. Site was nice but they can really pack them in. Not a lot of real estate around you. Nice big lake along campground. Seems like a lot of folks just stop for the night. Nothing walking distance for food or gas. Next exit away.

Friendly and helpful in a time of need

We came here the day we sold our house in Fayettville. Covit19 had just hit so the campground we had reserved fell through and couldn’t get tenants to leave because they were scared. We were in for a surprise, Fayetteville RV resorts welcomed us with open arms and put us under a long term clause so we couldn’t get thrown out if they shut everything down. 600 a month is more than reasonable for the area. The staff is super and they keep the camp ground top notch.

The bathrooms were immaculate. The Landry rooms were great, little expensive but I get it, they are high maintenance with all the visitors. The hiking trail had all kinds of wildlife and a small damn on it. We walked it every day for 2 months and it was great. All the neighbors in the long term area were like family. I loved this place! They will not disappoint!

Good park

Not my vibe

Camp Clearwater is mostly permanent structures, this definitely isn’t wilderness camping. We didn’t end up staying at our site once we saw how busy it was The swimming beach wasn’t clean, but it was a fun place for kids to play.

Sandy Beaches and Clear Water

The sites are laid out well and like most privately owned campgrounds are very close together. The campground is a mix of permanent and overnight sites. Golf carts are allowed in the park and can become a nuisance at times. Often see you kids driving carts which is concerning. Wifi service within the campground is good. Great areas for kids to play. Activities were subdued this year due to COVID-19 but the campground usually has many activities. Great swimming area and beach. This is the perfect location for kids as the water is very clear and the change in water depth is gradual. Great sunsets across the lake. This campground has become a yearly tradition.

Nice family park and Hiking Trail

We enjoy coming here with our family during the fall.

Camping close to (not on) the lake

I enjoyed this park for a weekend get away. Not too far from the beach if you want to go swimming in salt water and then drive in land for cheaper camping. The mosquitos in June were very active especially by the water. The place was easy to find. Gates close after 8-10 pm for camper safety. The lake is beautiful and has areas for boating (personal or rented), swimming and fishing. Mostly gravel campsites. One bath house- looked newer and was clean. Recycling and trash receptacles available

Peaceful Family Campground with Beautiful Sunrises

The great thing about this campground is that it offers a peaceful setting no matter whether you are camping in your travel trailer, a tent, or as a group. As a leader of the Boy Scouts and the Royal Rangers, I have camped here many times in large groups. We even had a campout here with about 300 boys. As a group campout, there was lots of room for activities planned by our leaders—paintball, scavenger hunts, and evening campfire services. With that said, one of my latest campouts was just with a group of friends. I think the best fun was fishing, although I really like kayaking on the lake. At this campground, you don’t have to worry about driving in tent stakes if you are camping in a tent. The soil is sandy, and the ground is usually covered with pine straw. When I wanted to build a campfire, there were plenty of sticks and limbs to start and build a campfire. There is a swimming beach, but I would be careful about where I step since there is sometimes goose poop on the sand. You can also rent canoes and pedal boats. There is a hiking trail as well, but make sure you have waterproof shoes if it has recently rained. The trail beside the lake gets really muddy. The price is reasonable, and the staff is friendly. This is a laidback campground in a rural area, so if you are in need of supplies, you’d better bring them with you. The bath house has a concrete floor, but it is well-maintained. I have camped at this campground over a dozen times, and it never gets old. That’s why it’s one of my favorites.