The best BOAT IN camping near
Norlina , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Norlina Camping Reviews
Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Nice Corp Park

A one night stopover on our trip to the east coast. We stayed in a nice shaded spot B51 and other than it rained for 24 hours we did enjoy it. Lots to see and do here around the water.

Great place

The higher numbered spots are more private. Excellent place with water access and clean bathrooms

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

Great Park!

Occoneechee was a great state park to stay at. We enjoyed the awesome views, friendly staff, and walking trails. We will be back!

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Serenity

Site 16 Left (non-electric) September 18-21, 2020 Average Daily Temp: 76 Average Night Temp: 51 Arrived on a beautiful early Fall Friday afternoon. Host was extremely friendly and welcoming. He offered great advice and information for this first time visit. Firewood is not available on site. You have to travel back to a self service trailer about 4 miles near the local CVS on Route 58. In my humble opinion, Site 16 was the best view of the Lake and has easy accessibility (see photos). Because of the low evening temps, most of the non-electric sites were empty. We basically had run of the area. Pet friendly and very well kept areas. Rock pad for parking and tent set up. Bring a pad if you plan on sleeping on the ground. Two tables, fire pit, and lantern post on sites. Boat parking available close to this site. Swimming was fantastic. Fishing was even better. Will be back.

We loved our site!

We only stayed a night because we were just passing through but we really liked our site #59. There was plenty of room for our 31ft airstream and had a neat large second level part to our site with a picnic table and fire pit. We wish we could have stayed longer to explore the campground more because the lake looked really beautiful and peaceful. Only downside is if you don’t have a bathroom in your rig or if you are tent camping the nearest bathroom to this site was a outhouse. There was a nicer shower and bathroom farther away that we drove to. But it wasn’t a huge deal to us.

Fall Camping by the Lake

Back at Rudds Creek Recreation Area again and I have to say I just love this place. The current camp hosts are over the top. Super nice people who make you feel welcomed from the minute you arrive. They were giving g out treats for my dogs which I thought was a great gesture. Facilities are clean as always. Accessing a different shower house this trip and although it is a little smaller than the shower house in the other loop, its really nice. This campground is just nice all around. The sites are well kept and the layout of the sites were well thought out. The Army Corp. does a great job with their campgrounds.