The best EQUESTRIAN camping near

14 Reviews1 Campground
Top Equestrian Campground near Mill Seat Landing North Carolina

Most Recent Mill Seat Landing Camping Reviews
Convenient place to stay

This campground is very quiet, but close to the ferry and great food. Power and water are convenient on the sites and dump station is accessible on the way out. Baybreeze has great food across the street and the ferry is right next door.

Great campground

Quiet, low key place to stay! They don’t have power and water at site, but you can run your generator from 7-10. There’s no hot water in the shower houses, but they are clean and well maintained. Overall great place to stay. Right in the middle of the town of Ocracoke and the ferry.

Simple, oceanfront

Fabulous location! Getting there is half the fun. Take a 2 hour ferry ride to the island. Drive through the quaint town to get to the secluded campground. Huge dunes between campground and beach. Sites are well spaced. Hardly any shade so take your own, if you can. Just across the street, on the other side of the island, is the bay. Water is less than knee deep for as far as you can see….a fun place to play! No hookups and only cold water, primitive style showers.

Spur of the moment camping trip

We decided to go camping early one morning and we wanted to stay near the beach. We enjoyed our one night stay. Restrooms/showers need to be updated. There aren’t many shaded sites but again you are camping almost on a beach! We will be back!

Never got to stay

Had reservations there. Needed to cancel since ferry is shutting down and don’t need to be in the path of a hurricane in a 20 ft trailer. Too bad. Keeping your deposit. I get that they can’t control the weather. Neither can I. Not like I canceled because it might rain a little. Not the way to treat people. Won’t be including this place in my future travels.

Awesome beach camping!

A great National Park Service Campground! If you are lucky you can get a site with private access to the beach. You can't reserve a specific site online so you have to choose it when you get there. We camped here in October, so we had tons to choose from!

The campsite was multi-tiered with a flat grassy area with a picnic table at the bottom, a path to another flat sandy area where we put our tent, and then a path over the dune to the beach. The bathrooms have cold showers and are pretty basic. No fires at this campground but you can have a fire in the grill.

Ocracoke is such a special place with lots of fun things to do and see in town or just spend the whole time at the beach!

Hear the ocean all night - if you can stand the mosquitoes

Pros: this campground has a little more privacy than some of the other Cape Hatteras National Seashore ones. You can hear the ocean all night, and the campground itself is pretty quiet. Showers are free, but water is not heated.

Cons: the amenities are outdated, especially the showers. The mosquitoes are horrible here; in addition to being right by the ocean, the centers of the loops of the campground are grassy fields, and I think that's why there are so many mosquitoes. It was so bad, I couldn't even stay outside to prepare dinner after dark - I had to go into town for a meal.

Given how bad the mosquitoes were, I likely wouldn't stay here again. But it is a very pretty campground.

End of the county campground, being improved, secluded

This is a place nice to stay- if you want quiet. You can fish in the Pamlico sound, take the ferry to ocroake, rent their horses to ride or boats. Need extra long sewer, water and power cords. Utilities are not in a convenient location. Very sandy location. Coins to keep the camper clean

Beautiful but HOT

This is a beautiful campground and we had a site with it’s own path to the beach which was very convenient. The bathhouse was clean but got VERY hot during the day. The campground Is very close to the pony pens and Is a quick drive to Ocracoke village. The biggest con of this campground is the lack of shade and the fact that the manmade dune blocks most of the wind. In the summer heat, it was stifling for tent camping. It was too hot for my northern blood. If I come back here, It would have to be earlier in the season or I would bring an air conditioner.