The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Hertford , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Hertford Camping Reviews
Very quiet spot in the woods

Very helpful and friendly owners that live just off the camp grounds if you need anything. I stayed in a spot nestled in the woods. Very quiet. Good spot for a night or two

Don’t consider going if your going to use a trolling motor

After seeing some of the pictures I decided to call them ask how bad all the algae and overgrowth was and was told it was pretty clear. That was not the case, if you don’t plan on paddling with a kayak or maybe a canoe don’t risk it. I was going to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and there are countless limbs and the overgrowth is terrible you will not make it through. Not the place to consider going if you want to camp out and fish

Good People !

DICUSSED

This campground is full of bugs. It also lacks the basic cleaning of bathhouses. They are full of bugs and dirt in both the outside and inside showers and management does nothing to change it.  When I complained I was given excuses. Would I stay there again NEVER.

Fantastic

Great campground. The people that work there are super helpful and super friendly. The location is very convenient!

Great family campground

I have camped here many times throughout my childhood and adulthood. Miles of trails and so much to do. Always with clean sites and attentive staff

Clean park, great staff, lots to do!

Would have given it a 5, but the constant jet noise makes it hard to relax and bothers our dogs. I know… it’s the sound of freedom (my husband is a veteran Army Aviator). Otherwise a great place to visit with lots to do and just a short drive to Sandbridge or VA Beach boardwalk.

ECU drop-off

We dropped off our daughter at ECU in August and needed a place to stay, and this was the closest campground with sites available. ECU is less than 30 minutes away, so it was convenient.

My dog and I arrived a couple of days before my wife and daughter because hurricane Isaias was on its way. Unfortunately, the storm hit hard and the campground lost power for two full days. When my family arrived, the power was still out and it was unbelievable hot and humid, so we ended up having to get a hotel nearby.

The owners and staff were super friendly and accommodating, and they tried their best to ensure my comfort and safety during the storm. The campground could use some updates, but it was adequate and met my needs. I read complaints concerning the roadways in the campground, but any experienced driver will have no issues navigating throughout the camp.

My experience was not ideal because of the storm, hence the 4 stars. But we will try again the next time we are in the area visiting our daughter at school.

Inconsistent to website

So this was my first campground sadly and the experience was not what I hoped for. The Cheseapeake campgrounds website shows outdated pictures and does not show what the campground looks like currently.

The rules on the website are not followed. They're are campers that have hard piped black/gray water some that folks are living in are severally ran down. The website shows you can make reservations but they often don't seem like they are keeping a good track on people comings and goings.

Customer service depends on who your talking with some treat you very well and the older lady at the counter has 0 customer service skills. She is short rude and not interested in helping you.

The place is quite and pet friendly the 2 washers and dryers work well and are at a good price. The people at the campground seem nice and friendly.

If you can't handle huge large bugs that eat you alive stay away.

The country living and prices are the only reason I have 2 stars

Perfect Isolation

Nice isolation, wonderful clean beach, have to hike or bike minimally 4mi from Back Bay NWR to get to the park. Bring plenty of water for hike in during summer, hardly any shade hiking in. Campgrounds are clean, fair amount of bugs so bring spray, multiple drinking water locations around Barbour Hill Bay and Ocean Side.