The best WALK IN camping near
Haslin Corner , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Haslin Corner Camping Reviews
You couldn’t ask for a better location

Ocracoke Campground

The basics: the campground is clean, bathrooms are clean, the sites and roads look newly paved with asphalt, the grass is pretty and the campground is on the other side of the dune from the beach. Also, the campsites are level.

What does the campground have? Cooking grills at each site, picnic tables at each site, recycling and garbage, outdoor showers with cold water (outdoor exposed like a beach shower and outdoor sheltered private shower with a locking door). The campground doesn’t have water, sewer or power hookups in the campground. There’s a hand fill water station somewhere I saw people filing their jugs up at. You can, however, get potable water and use the dump station for your rig outside the campground across the street just past the nature trail parking. Pull up satellite view on a map and you’ll find it.

Prepare for your trip. If it’s cold, consider how you’ll manage hygiene for few days if you can’t stand the water temperature. If it’s hot, consider how you’ll keep cool and have shade. I’ve read that mosquitos are bad in the warm months. The sites are exposed with no tree coverage. I didn’t mind this part at all. I usually want more privacy at campgrounds with large RVs because of their blinding outdoor white lights and imposing nature that make me feel less like I’m camping. But this campground has a ton of tent campers and people with small camping rigs. Like people are outside doing normal camping things like cooking, eating, sitting in their chairs talking. And it’s been cold!

The sites are smaller than you might expect. Our 22 feet camper van fit just fine. I mention this as I saw another reviewer complain that the sites aren’t long enough to accommodate a 35 feet Class A. This campground simply isn’t for you. Your car and rig must fit in your spot on the asphalt. If your car can’t fit, you have to park it at the campground parking. Tents are all setup in the grass. DO NOT PARK IN THE GRASS. The grass is so pretty. Why would you do that??? And it’s not allowed anyway. Don’t be “that” camper.

How did we keep clean during our three days in the cold? We showered in the van. This did require us to drive to the fill/dump station everyday. Which is just fine since we aren’t hooked up to anything or on leveling blocks.

Late check-in? We arrived at around 7:30pm. You don’t call for a key code or anything. Each reservation is posted at each campsite. Just park in your spot and check-in the next day at normal check-in time. There’s no central office. The camp host will greet you as you drive into the campground.

I give this campground an easy 5 stars.

Internet. T-Mobile doesn’t have service on Ocracoke. At the campground for Verizon on my iPhone 12, my connection was pretty okay: 7 mbps down, 0.7 mbps up and 205 ms ping. I connected my cell booster for a stronger connection.

Nature and Privacy

This campground was opened in 2019 so everything is very new. The sites are spread very far apart. There are no trees for shade and this campground may become hot in the summertime. Each site is separated by waist heigh field grass. The sites have course gravel for the RV pad and finer gravel for the “tent pad” / picnic table area. We were in a tent that connects to the back of our Honda Odyssey and I used two tarps to protect the tent flooring even on the finer gravel. Cell signal is almost nonexistent except for possibly AT&T which a neighboring camper told me.

I would recommend this campground except maybe not so much in the summer months

Exceptional!

This is a very unique and well maintained campground. Literally on the dunes and beach, nice camp sites, basic facilities. No hot water…but beyond that, a great place to camp.

Very cool campground!

Not only is this campground surrounded by tall pines and beautiful lakes it is spotless. The campsites are well spaced and give a bit of a community feel with cabins near by the bath house, which also is incredible!!! Heated bathrooms are a plus in our book! Highly recommend 👍🏼

Nice quiet park for the first of December

As stated we stayed there the first of December for 7 days and it was quiet.  At one point there might have been 4 other campers there.  We thought the shrubs, plantings, trees, between the camp sites gave a fair amount of privacy.  The sites are a little close together but the plantings help with that.  I don't think you would need leveling blocks for any of the sites, they were flat.  One complaint is that most of the sites are sandy, which tracks everywhere.  There were a few sites that had gravel spread around the site which would have been nice to have.  A few truck loads of gravel would help a lot.  Another complaint is that the bath house wasn't heated.  There was a heater here and there running but the eves of the building were open, just had wire screening.  We picked a site close to the bath house so we could take showers and save water, that wasn't happening.   The recreational area and the beach is still closed.

Great campground

Quiet, low key place to stay! They don’t have power and water at site, but you can run your generator from 7-10. There’s no hot water in the shower houses, but they are clean and well maintained. Overall great place to stay. Right in the middle of the town of Ocracoke and the ferry.

Absolute joy!

I had a wonderful late November five night, tent camping, surf fishing week at a wonderful, clean, quiet campground. I stayed in site D-17 and recommend any of those sites on the outer perimeter of D loop.

The bath houses were always clean. The park hosts were friendly and accessible. The town of Ocracoke is only a five minute drive yet a world away from this peaceful place.

BEst beach in US

Great campground if you are ready to fend off the bugs.

Can be windy and rainy.
The fresh fish in town is super for grilling.

Beach is empty (relatively.

Top notch facilities and spectacular views.

The facilities are top notch and the beach area is out of this world. Great spot for a quick get away or even longer. Get out there and enjoy the beauty that nature has to offer.

Typical beach campground

I’m use to camping in the mountains so the openness of a beach campground was not some thing I enjoyed. But that being said this was one of the nicer campsites we stayed at in the Outer Banks. It was quiet clean and very close to the beach. You could also ride your bike into town on a bike path which was very convenient. They’re doing a lot of work on the campground. The night we stayed they were going to repave the roads and they’re working on the bathrooms. The stars were amazing at night and it was very quiet unlike the other campgrounds we stayed at in the Outer Banks later on our trip. I would stay here again.