The best GROUP camping near
Butler Crossroads , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Butler Crossroads Camping Reviews
Family friendly with beach

We spent three nights in myrtle beach state park with full hook up. The Campground is big and maximized for renters and RVs. Space between sites is a bit tight but there is plenty of trees and coverage that provides good privacy between sites. The beach was very nice, a lot of people at the beach but plenty of space for everyone to enjoy. It’s super family friendly and the kids had a great time!

Very nice place

Smallish campground with 20 sites on a loop around the bathhouse, which was clean and well lit. My girlfriend and I spent two nights and had nothing but good impressions. The entire park is very well maintained, and the staff was visible and helpful. An excellent state park!

NOT ENOUGH STARS!

Lisa and Brian are some of the nicest people I've ever met, Lisa is the epitome of Southern charm and hospitality and Brian my brother in arms my shipmate gave me a much needed lesson in sawmills which I appreciate more than he will ever know! Their place is a lil slice of heaven and a welcome escape from the world let their animals sooth your whoas and leave a better person and let me tell you leaving was hard. Thanks Lisa and Brian you will not be forgotten easily!

Nice good sized campground right on the outskirts of Myrtle Beach

This is a pretty big campground. RV's rule the roost here. Most of the tent sites are on the rightmost section of the park (with the exeption of the tent only site on a separate far left section of the park). There are also cabins available at this park There was a good cross section of people. Many different age groups, and walks of life. Really friendly and chill park. Some very nice decorated tents and one really cool old 'skoolie' (actually a retired Air Force transport bus) which was my favorite of the lot. The beach is only 200 meters away, and there are some nature trails and a nature center as well. The camp store stays open till 9pm and they have plenty of wood and most of the things you will need. And they dont charge you up on items either!

The campsites are clean and feature a water spigot AND a power outlet, even for the tent sites! Tent sites usually do not get power outlets. There is also wifi included, which is another plus.

Now. This is a cool place, but the sites are really close to each other. You WILL get to know your neighbors. Also, you are on the approach/departure pattern for Myrtle Beach International, so planes will be 500 feet above you. Makes for nice photography, but just an fyi.

This is a great option for staying at Myrtle Beach, and if you are with a group and/or really social, you will enjoy this park.

More than Camping

My husband and I stayed there for two weeks in January. It is a true resort. It has indoor pools, outdoor pools, waterslide, putt putt, bowling alley, and an arcade. We ate dinner one night in the restaurant and it was absolutely wonderful. The chef actually came out and spoke with us. The grounds are immaculately kept. The sites are all flat but there is not much space between the sites. If you’re used to camping in a state campground with trees and space between the sites, this is not the place for you.

We are going back in a week with my children. Two of my children and their families are renting the tiny houses that are available for rent. My husband and I will be in our camper it will be the hub for the family gatherings. Great place for kids to ride their bikes and splash in the water park. Can’t wait.

Interesting State Park

Our GPS wanted us to take Jones Lake State Park Rd, that was closed off, about 300 yards before the main park entrance. They have good directions on their website to follow. Check-in was easy. We proceeded to site 8, back-in with FHUs and 50 AMP. The roads were narrow but one way. Our back-in was a little challenging with our 39’ 5th wheel due to brush across the road, but very doable. Utilities were centrally located to the pad. Water pressure was good at around 50 psi. We got 2 bars on Verizon, a variety of OTA channels, and clear shot to the southern sky for satellite. Six of the CG’s back-in sites are FHUs with both 30 & 50 AMP. However, there are very spacious pull thru sites, but no hook ups, not even electric. We could have extended our stay and dry camped in one of these spots but there’s no dump station. This made us wonder if the state ran out of money or if they are still building? This was a very nice CG with well spaced campsites and a good trail system. There are no water views from the CG but the lake is a short walk. The CG is essentially a large circle with even numbers to the inside and odd numbered pull thru sites and some smaller tent sites to the outside. There is also a group tent camping area. FHU sites are 2, 4, 6, 8, 18& 20 and are long enough for large rigs. Back-in site 18, which is a handicap spot, could be a tight back-in for a trailer over 38’. Eighteen is pretty much a 90 degree turn plus there’s a water spigot and metal recycle container directly across the street to contend with. There are water spigots about every 4 sites(near sites 3, 7, 11, etc.) throughout the CG. There is a newer looking shower house conveniently located between sites 16& 18 that we didn’t use. The 3 nights we stayed over a weekend, the CG was maybe half full so very quiet and peaceful. If we could book one of the FHU sites or they add a dump station, we would stay here again.

Peaceful

I started coming to MBTP Aug of 2020..I previously  had my camper at ocean lakes.i was leaving  after spending a week there and going to mbtp..problem was..i had a day in between checking in.mand had nowhere to go..I have a golfcart..this huge camper that I'm still learning…what to do..go home?..only 2 hrs…naaa..mbtp..somehow made arrangements for me a spot that same day..relieved!!..I've been at least a week out the last year..winter fall..and cant wait for this summer..its so easy to check in..everyone is so friendly…ive made mbtp..my vacation spot yr round..rather it's a week..or more…also..its usually no problem if you want to extend your stay.which I think ive done quite a few times..such a peaceful environment plenty of amenities  to enjoy…I love mbtp

Briarcliffe

Clean campground. It has lots of sites and is near many attractions. Bathrooms are clean and conveniently located. It has nice amenities and a nice pool.

Love it

Amazing! Brian and Lisa have done an amazing job making their place welcoming to all. A working farm that even had the dog smiling at the end of the day. We hated to leave but plan to go back!! Thanks, Marty and Katy

Nice stopover

We only stayed here one night as we were traveling to points south. It was February, so not packed full, but a fair amount of “winter camping” enthusiasts in the park. Typical of a KOA, sites are rather closely packed. It’s very nicely wooded for the most part and there are a variety of options to be had, including camping cabins. There are also luxury rv sites that have cement pads with patios, grills and patio furniture along with full hookups. We happened to be there after a period of heavy rain and there were large puddles and some sites partially flooded, so there might be some drainage issues. The bathhouse was acceptable, not really new, basic but clean with lots of hot water. A few blocks from the beach, but they have a shuttle (in-season) and golf carts to rent. I imagine it’s a very busy place during peak season. Friendly check-in with a helpful escort to the site. Camp store, laundry, games and play areas for kids also available.