Bladenboro, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Bladenboro Camping Reviews
Good Location for Economy Minded

We stayed here for 2 weeks in September 2019. We don’t have kids, so we didn’t need amenities to entertain them. There is no pool, or playground, but there is a large area to walk your pets. Yes, they are PET FRIENDLY.
It’s not a large RV campground, with only 34 back-in sites. You do have FULL HOOKUPS. The owner is very friendly and is easy to work with. He keeps the grounds neat and the showers and restrooms clean. You are only 10 minutes to Sunset Beach and Ocean Isle Beach. Also, North Myrtle Beach is only 25 minutes away. They close December 15th, until sometime in spring.
If you are just trying to get a place in the area and don’t need a lot of campground amenities, I would recommend this place to you. We’ll definitely be going back.

Great little place

Nothing to do here but camp and enjoy the day. They will have a beautiful when it fills up. Good hiking trails

Amazing vacation

Best RV Resort we’ve been to so far. Large lots with nice long pull through, clean and quiet with a friendly staff. Amenities included nice swimming pool and hot tub. Volleyball net and basketball hoop on each end of pool. Shuffleboard, corn hole, sand volleyball. Game room had a pool table, ping pong table, air hockey. Books galore to borrow, DVDs if you have a player which we don’t, but we don’t camp to watch TV. Store had a puzzle you could spend time working on and a checkerboard with rocking chairs to just hang out in. The lake beach was closed for the season when we went but the inflatables looked like they would have been fun! Mile long paved path around the lake was great for walking or biking. Catch and release fishing too. Had a mix of annuals, short term campers and on the other side of the lake they had nice cabins and a small park model village. Exercise room and a nice clean laundry room. Bath house was 8 individual doors to full individual bathrooms of toilet sink and shower which were kept very clean. Cherry Grove beach was only 15 minutes or so away and there was a Food Lion less than 10 minutes for grocery shopping needs. Resort store had reasonable prices for ice and wood to burn in the fire pit. Only negatives which weren’t a big deal was nothing can be strapped to trees… aka no laundry line or hammock attached to the trees and no tents allowed. We will go back! Wish it was closer to home.

Lovely little campground on the river

We used this campground as a stopping point after a trip to Fantasy Lake Water Park.  It's secluded, small, cute, and located right on the Lumber River.

Our particular site, PA 7, is one of two right on the river's edge, across from the Naked Landing trail.  Sites 7 & 8 would be perfect for two families to camp together, because they'd have the whole trail area to themselves.  These sites have a bit of hike-in required, in that you can't drive up to them (see my uploaded photo of where the parking lot is in relation to the sites).

There is a vault toilet near the parking lot ("that's gonna be a no from me, dog") but an actual restroom facility across the parking lot.

Each of the sites has its own trash can, and a ranger comes by in the morning to empty it.

The river is nice to swim in after a hot summer's day, although the bottom is quite squishy.  It's a good area to fish or use small watercraft.

We slept in hammocks and were awoken at dawn by a cacophony of juvenile barred owls directly above us.

A great campsite!

A great campsite! We had a fantastic time last week! We also had the privelidge of having the park COMPLETELY to ourselves…the ranger confirmed that we were the only campers that night!

A beautiful site, we only wished that we could stay longer.

Loved it!

I visit White lake every year for vacation but this year we decided to add in a camping trip. We decided to check out Camp Clearwater. I did read bad reviews here & there but I wanted to give them a shot. And I’m glad I did! I had such an amazing experience here! Everyone was so nice and down to earth! I will definitely be back!😊

The friendliest and family oriented

I have never been to a campground that's all about family,but this place is all about keeping your family happy, So many free activities to keep you busy,clean and never overcrowded

Put it on your list

Clean, quiet, and affordable. Pool, laundry, pond, full hookups. Friendly staff. Save this site

A great place out in the country

Close to NC and SC beaches. Has a pool and bathhouse. Has wine tasting on the premises along with a vineyard. Has electricity, water and dump at each site. Wonderful owners that are very helpful. We’ve stayed here many times and have enjoyed it every time.

The best!

We had an absolutely amazing time! Tons of activities for the kids and adults! Nice clean bath houses, paved roads all the way through and the sites we're great!

Well equipped - a little for everyone - close to several beaches!

Brunswick Beach Camping Resort is easily found - just off highway 17 in Sunset Beach NC.  This campground has RV sites, tent sites and even little cabins.

As you pull off the road, it is set far from the road - which we liked!  This made for quieter nights without being able to hear passing traffic on the road.  You pass by the tobacco field on the right and pull into the campground.  This road is very skinny and I had to pull off several times to let a car pass.  As I pulled in there was a store immediately to my right where i went in to register.

I could see the swimming pool, volleyball court and horseshoes from just outside the store.  As I walked around the store, i noticed the laundry room and a bathroom attached to the back.

I like some of the scenery out back - a bit of water - some trees.  Yet there were many RV's and the sites were so close together.  Many activities for our kids - yet not one where we would be able to spread out and let them be free without worrying we were disturbing someone.

We had great cell phone service and free wifi while here - so if that is something you are looking for - look no further!  The little store sells a bit of everything you might need - and grocery stores are located within a few minutes down the road.

Small campground near sunset beach

Wishing Well campground is located off Sunset Beach in NC. It is a smaller campground, and much of the shared ground is a storage facility for boats and RV's that are not in use.  There are about 10 or 15 RV sites in the loop and the bathhouse is at the back of the loop.  Behind the bathhouse are about 10 tent sites, with electricity at most.  It was nice that the picnic tables were covered in the back of the property - yet the approach from the road, and the initial entraceway would turn some people away from this campground.

The people (and owners) were very friendly and I did like the privacy that this campground held.  It was close enough to easily drive to the beach, without being in the middle of craziness.

The bathhouse - very clean - but dated.  The showers were small - changing areas were provided, which was nice.  This is a nice campground - and very affordable!

Not overly impressed

Unsure how we felt about this place had to walk so far to get to anything

Always a blast

Bring your ATV AND LET LOOSE!!!

Owners are mean

I loved the campground itself. It was quiet, small, no activities tho and clean. But the only interaction the male owner had w me, is he yelled at me twice. Once my dog got out of camper by accident and I immediately picked him up and apologized. The woman (Cathy) owner was nice and all was forgiven. But the male owner couldn’t realize it was an accident and my dog was out for less then 2 sec. I immediately got him and put him in rv. Every time the man came around.. he never looked friendly or happy. Always w a frown and grumpy. The next time, my autistic grandson went into the bathroom and he broke the toilet dispenser.. instead of us not saying anything and let them discover it, I felt it was a Christian thing to do is admit he did it and offer to pay for it… even tho the company who supplies that dispenser gives them away free w the toilet paper order (my husband works w same company at his job and knows them well) the man proceeded to yell at me. Then threatened to call the cops to have us removed… I asked Why? Cuz we offered to pay for something our grandchild broke? The man is crazy and would NEVER come here again. Accidents happen, and it was probably something wrong w dispenser in the first place… who knows, but he is not a people person AT ALL!

Great Campground

Beautiful campground. Professional staff and spacious campsites.

Simple Lakeside Life

While it's not the most exciting camping, Jone's Lake offers the simple necessities along with quick access to the lake. Hiking in the area is pretty flat though so don't go in expecting much of a challenge.

Great campground but avoid the yurt!

I have camped with a large group of friends at site #2 a couple of times, but this weekend, I wanted to camp with just my two boys, and site #5 (the yurt site) was available.  This site was new since I had camped here last.  It said it slept 6 and the website showed a pic of two beds; I *assumed* there would be four more, since it slept 6.

Long story short, just 2 beds.  But the worst part was weeds growing up through the floorboards, ripped screens, doors that wouldn't zip completely, and two (purposeful) holes at the top that surely let in mosquitoes!  The boy who slept at ground level is completely bitten up, despite me spraying everyone with bug spray and using my tennis racket-style bug zapper to clear out the yurt before bed.

Our trash can was completely full (I mean, at least there's a trash can, but we could hardly use it). Our fire ring was full of ashes and the grate was jammed down.  The previous campers had left us a few jugs of water but also small pieces of trash scattered about.  What I'm trying to say was that this site was not maintained between the last visitors and us.

The campground, though, is awesome if you like roughing it.  You are allowed, thankfully, to drive to your site, but it's a hike to walk to the running water toilets, and I saw lots of people drive to them.  There is a closer pit toilet but I didn't check that out.

The lake is beautiful, shallow, warm, good fishing, fun for everyone!  Bullfrogs, peepers, and owls called all night.  Dragonflies galore flew about.  It's rustic, but relaxing.  And the visitor's center has a nice exhibit on the Carolina Bays.

Flat hike

Hiked here a couple times. Lake is beautiful and there is a swimming area. Flat all around so if you're looking for difficulty this is not the place.

Quirky and close to interstate

We just stopped for an overnight. Had a pull thru with full hookups. You def can't miss it from the road… it's got a lot of neon and a ton of sites. Would stay again if passing through for sure!

WPP

Off in the sticks. Nothing around it. Witness Protection Program

Exceptional

Clean. Friendly. Convenient. SO much to do right in the campground. You will be glad you visited Daddy Joes.

Great Oceafront Resort

Wonderful campground. Two differnt sections one wooded and shaded other in dead sun but closer to Ocean. Excellent pool and lazy river, arcade, games, pool activites, Fun Entertainment such as Karoke, bands, DJ parties

Simply Amazing

This is by far our favorite place to camp so far. Great family fun in the lake on inflatables. Family events, ice cream social, hot dog sales, dance party and nice clean bathhouses. Close to amazing seafood. Huge facility but, not crowded.

Great location

As someone who enjoys Myrtle beach but not all the people his park was a great compromise. You are close enough to all of the tourist destinations to fill your week with entertainment while not being right in the middle of town. Myrtle beach isn’t exactly known for it clean beaches and clear water but the further up north you go the better the water/sand quality gets.

Great campground

I just love the name of this campground- Little Pee Dee is located in South Carolina and it is near the town of Dillon. The lake is absolutely beautiful, and one of my favorite things about this park. Part of the lake is from the Carolina Bay, and the coloring of the water is gorgeous. The campground and facilities are great. I thought the bathroom on site was very clean and taken care of. They also have a shower facility on site too. The shower facilities did get a little hot because there wasn't any fans in the area. It looked like they had some sort of heater, which would be nice for the winter. The area was a little hot and steamy after the shower. If you have kids they will love the playground that is in the campground as well. There are also a lot of great trails and hikes to do. My family and I did a hike everyday that we stayed here, for a total of 3 hikes. The scenery is gorgeous, especially the hikes that over look the lake. We camped with our RV, but you can also tent camp as well. I know when my family went in 2017 they had drained the lake because of a hurricane so If you plan on going I would suggest doing some research to see if the lake is back and running. If having no lake is fine with you, then I would definitely still recommend going. The hiking is amazing and worth the stay in itself.

Low intensity Lake Camping

This is a great spot for campers who would like to car camp and have a swimming feature. The lake is super shallow for at least a hundred yards in all directions from the dock. Where shoes when walking on the dock, lots of nail heads and splinters.

The swimming dock is a short walk from campsite 1, but quite a hike from the other primitive group sites. There are some hiking trails that meander through the sandy pine forest. They range from a .75 mile self-guided nature trail to a 4 mile hike along the lake,

The campsite had picnic tables, fire pit, food prep counter and was not near any other campsites. The mosquitos (expectedly) were pretty voracious despite liberal application of repellent.

The pit toilet had a healthy population of spiders, but the campsite was an easy walk to flush toilets and water fountains.

It would be a nice, private place to camp in colder months, but not much to do. The sunset on the lake was absolutely gorgeous and we had it to ourselves on the first night. This is also a popular destination for locals, so there were quite a few people on the dock on Saturday.

Quiet, neat, clean place to stay

Cleanest pool I have been in in years, nice catch n release pond, quiet, they sprayed for bugs, lots are pull they and plenty of space

I wouldn’t even bother here

Roy Dean stayed he would hold a site for us and our Grandson for a long weekend. He said to call 1 week before. He did not accept visa Or any cards at all, had to pay cash upon arrival.

Well I called and he said he didn’t save a space for us! Why would he do such a thing. I won’t ever give him a chance. August 2018

Convenience is key

Close to highway, conveniently located & open restaurants in winter. Also lots of souvenirs shops if that’s what you’re into.