Benson , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Benson Camping Reviews
Family friendly

Loved that there was a playground near the site. The site itself was gravelly and not super private but it was great- the hikes around were stunning.

Private

Big sites. Very private. We had ez pull thru. All gravel. It was rainy but didn't get too muddy. Had buddy sites. Closest to

Duke Medical. No sewer but dump site. Had buddy launch. Very pretty

State Park Oasis in the Middle of a Metropolis

It’s not often that you see a state park in the heart of a metropolitan area. Although it’s not in the city limits, you are surrounded by cities. Without the noise of the neighboring international airport, it’s like any other natural area. However, camping in a tent means you will be hearing the sounds of jets all day long and throughout the night. Otherwise, it might have been a pleasant experience. This campground is in a state park that has a lot of trails, good areas for bicycling, and water sports such as swimming, canoeing, and fishing. When I was there, however, many of the facilities were closed. I did get a chance to take advantage of the trails, and they are relatively easy. Because of the pandemic, access to the bath house was limited in terms of hours. The sites are level and spacious, and they are not too close to other sites. It didn’t really matter when I went since there were very few campers. I can only imagine what it will be like when peak season starts, but as I said earlier, the sites are not on top of each other. The bath house was clean but only utilitarian. They could use updating. There is a place outside of the bath house to wash dishes, so you are encouraged to wash them there instead of dumping dishwater in the bath house or at your campsite. Overall, this campground is pretty good if you don’t mind the noise of the jets. If you want to experience total immersion into the wilderness and solitude, I would suggest a more remote camping area.

Good Campground in the Triangle

The last time I stayed in this area, it rained so much that I ended up sleeping in my SUV rather than in my tent, which was surrounded by an inch of water. This time, I decided our teardrop camper would be better just in case there was another deluge. This campground is in a different section of Falls Lake, however, but it has some of the same issues. Some of the sites were not well drained, but site 123 is. The main attraction for this campground is the lake, of course. There are two boat ramps side by side so in busy times there isn’t as much of a wait for a ramp. It didn’t matter to me since I kayak anyway, but it is good for boaters. As far as the campsites, the one I chose was primitive, but the campground has access to water close by. There are some campsites that do have water and electricity, and there is also a bath house with hot showers and a tiled floor. This is a lot better than some state and national parks that I have been to. There were not many campers when I was there, so the campground was really quiet. From what I understand, however, this campground can get crowded and reservations are suggested. There are only a few walk-in sites. There is a swimming area, but because of the pandemic, it was closed. There is also a playground and lots of opportunities for fishing. Overall, this was a pretty good campground. I would love to go again sometime when the pandemic hasn’t turned everything upside-down.

Camping at Cliffs of Neuse

Nice newly renovated shower house . Nice visitors center. Several easy trails. Helpful staff. Firewood available. Love the tall trees, the river, the swim area.

Great Place to Stay

My thoughts and experience of Fayetteville RV Resort. This was our 2nd time staying here, this time we stayed for a long weekend, Thursday - Sunday during the month of April 2021. It is located a short distance from Interstate 95, making it a great place to spend the night if you are traveling on to another destination. Or stay for a nice relaxing vacation like us.

Our site #27 located across from the office, pool, mini golf and bathhouse is a back-in site, gravel pad, nice, level, average length and width, fire pit and picnic table. Full hook up’s, water, sewer and electric. Also cable tv and internet with average campground WiFi speed.

Things we liked about this campground:

• All sites seem to be gravel pads, nice, level, average length and width. Full hook up’s. I would guess half of the sites are pull though. They have sites that can handle long rigs. Also depending on your site nice shade trees.

• The staff and the couple managing the place are very friendly and it shows that they care about the guest. The campground is clean and well maintained. Seen staff making rounds all day.

• So much to do for the kiddos and adults. Two pools, hot tub, mini golf, basketball court, horseshoes and playground all included in your price.

• For the adults they have a nice workout center with lots of equipment.

• During our stay they had scheduled kid activities and movie night with popcorn.

• On Friday evening they had a food truck scheduled for dinner.

• We really liked the “Meet Your Neighbors Happy Hour”, they really wowed us with this event. It ends early enough that you can still have a quiet evening around your camp site. Check their activities list for schedule.

• Saturday morning they had a Waffle breakfast.

• Two large fenced dog parks, one located at each in of the campground.

• Two fishing ponds and dirt walking trail though the woods and around ponds.

• Two newly remodeled bathhouses and laundry rooms. Staff keeps them clean though out the day, we never had an issue with dirty or un-stocked bathrooms.

Verizon cell phone service was great.

Local Eating Places: Nothing special, Waffle House, Subway, Foxes Pizza and a corner grill all within 10 minutes away.

Attractions or things to do in the area: Averasboro Civil War Battlefield and Museum is only 9.6 miles. There is around 10 historical sites along the route that is connected to the history museum. In Fayetteville about 15-20 minutes there is a lot to do and see.

Great spot

This is our first RV spot. We wanted the amenities for our four year old. Playground, mini golf, horseshoe, 3 dog parks, 2 pools, lots of bathrooms, 2 launderettes, lots of cabins, pull through spots and cabins.

New spacious campground

This is a new and clean campground. Very nice rangers monitor the campground and are extremely helpful. Each site is large and well spaced out from other campers. Most RV sites are gravel with a fire pit, picnic table and a gravel tent pad beside it. The bathhouse was clean and well maintained. Their RV sites are full hookup which is great for a state park. Water pressure was excellent. Primitive tent sites and cabins were available. The campground is walking distance to Raven Rock trails and you get a free walk up pass to get in. We had a very good time and will definitely go back.

Great Spot!

We were on a two week trip across NC and actually stayed here twice. It was clean, had hookups (which was really nice!), and great sites. First night we had a couple stair walk up which I really enjoyed as a separate space so the kids could sleep and we could hang. Second night was closer to the lake and had a great view of the sunset. Several dumping stations, pretty flat, and enough space to maneuver. Would definitely stay here again!

Nice Family Camping

My family and I come to this park often for little reunion trips and for family camping get aways. It is such a nice park and the spaces are spread out beautifully. Sometimes you get a loud neighbor out here in the summer months but there is a noise curfew and almost everyone is respectful of it. We keep coming back for the nice lake, great views, and large spread out sites.