Belhaven, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Belhaven Camping Reviews
Small Tidy Riverfront Campground

Flanners Beach is tucked away just off of Hwy 70 outside historic New Bern NC. It’s a small campground overlooking the mighty Neuse River. Most sites are level. Sewer is not offered but of course they have a dump. Water and electric is available and camp fees are very reasonable. There is a sand beach to enjoy and you are within 10 miles of both New Bern and Havelock where Cherry Point Marine Corp base is located.

Great location

Clean camp grounds, could use additional shower. Overall great experience.

Great location

Clean camp grounds, could use additional shower. Overall great experience.

Awesome beach camping!

A great National Park Service Campground! If you are lucky you can get a site with private access to the beach. You can't reserve a specific site online so you have to choose it when you get there. We camped here in October, so we had tons to choose from!

The campsite was multi-tiered with a flat grassy area with a picnic table at the bottom, a path to another flat sandy area where we put our tent, and then a path over the dune to the beach. The bathrooms have cold showers and are pretty basic. No fires at this campground but you can have a fire in the grill.

Ocracoke is such a special place with lots of fun things to do and see in town or just spend the whole time at the beach!

Definitely a campground to visit at least once!

If you have a chance, definitely check out Goose Creek State Park. My husband, son, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and myself stayed at the park this past weekend, and we had a wonderful time. We stayed at campsite 11, and we had plenty of room for our two tents, two vehicles, a pup, a toddler, and the supplied picnic table, fire pit, and additional charcoal grill. The one negative about spot 11 is there’s a hiking trail that run directly behind the campsite, so it feels like people are constantly walking through your campsite. Spots 1-10 were definitely a bit smaller, and spots 11-14 are larger. If we were to stay again, I believe we’d try to stay at site 13.

The fishing dock is quite small, but it was fun to fish from with a few people. Be sure to bring bug spray! The worst for me was the biting flies. There is one outhouse-type bathroom near the dock with a spigot and dumpster nearby. There are about 10 steps leading up to the one-person, non-flushing bathroom.

There’s a wood station at the campground that uses the honor system. It’s $5 per bundle. We visited the visitors center in the hopes that they would have live bait for sell, but they sell nothing of the sort (no ice, bait, fishing rods, etc). So bring everything you need other than wood!

Overall, I’d give the campground 4.5/5, and I certainly recommend it! Try to stay in sites 11-14 if possible.

Best Campground on Ocracoke

I absolutely love Ocracoke and Teeter’s is the only campground with power and hot showers. The owner is super nice and prices are reasonable. You can walk everywhere you need to go. Take bug spray! Ocracoke mosquitoes are on steroids. My pup loved golf cart rides around the village

Great Campground Close to Historic New Bern and Tryon Palace

I think this is only the third time I have stayed at a cabin at a campground, and it was all right but I like tent camping better. Because of the intense heat and health concerns, we chose to stay in a cabin here. I wish I had taken more pictures of the campground, but my buddy(seen in the photos) and I are photographers who look for scenes of beauty. It’s not that the campground was not“pretty,” but when you are this close to New Bern, there are better things to photograph. There’s Tryon Palace, Union Point Park, the historic Confederate cemetery, the fireman’s museum, the Pepsi Cola museum(New Bern is where Pepsi was born), etc. The New Bern KOA is perfect in every way. The sites are large with full hookups, Wi-Fi, cable TV, etc. It has all the amenities of a top notch campground that you would expect from KOA. I have stayed at several KOA campgrounds, and they all seem to have the oversized chess; and I have never seen anyone playing it with seriousness. They have two pools, a pavilion, a bouncer… and I could go on and on. IF you want to spend your time at the campground, there is so much to do that you don’t need to go anywhere else… HOWEVER… Did I mention New Bern and Tryon Palace? You can’t come this close to New Bern and not go to Tryon Palace. The campground is located on the shores of the confluence of the Trent and Neuse Rivers. Since they join here, you seem as if you are closer to the ocean. It looks more like a bay. There is a really nice pier at the campground beach for fishing, and the KOA here has outdoor boat rentals. There is also horseshoes, pedal bike rentals… Did I mention there is also New Bern and Tryon Palace? Seriously, the New Bern KOA is about the best campground at which I have stayed, but my buddy had never been to New Bern. There was more to see. If you go, make sure to make reservations. New Bern is a historic town with lots of vacationers during the summer. Looking for something to eat? My favorite place to eat in New Bern was Captain Ratty’s, which has great clam chowder. However, New Bern has lots of other great places to eat as well. The downtown area is also a great area for shopping. Back to the campground… the first time I stayed at the New Bern KOA was over thirty years ago, but it has grown in size and amenities. Now, it is more like a resort than a simple campground.

Only been here one time

I have only visited this campground one time & I did not stay the night! There is lots of space to walk and play, ride bikes, etc. There is a really nice pool with a store up front and they have cabins from what I remember. I would go back again IF I didn’t already live in the surrounding area lol

Not the best I’ve been to

This campground is in an okay location. There is not much to do in the surrounding area and the only thing that I remember them really having to offer is a swimming pool. They had little paddle boats and stuff on the water but I’m not sure if they get used. You can’t swim in the water because it is just too nasty. The tent site we were given was awful. It is very stumpy and bumpy throughout the entire campground. Lots of roots and tree limbs. May have been the worst camping experience of my life.

Awesome campground!

I actually used to work at this campground and in my personal opinion, it is awesome! There is a little store where you can buy drinks and snacks & don’t forget ice cream!There is a game room, a swimming pool and lots of space for walking or riding bikes. There is RV sites, tent sites and cabins. This campground literally has just about anything and everything you could want in a camoground!