Belhaven , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Belhaven Camping Reviews
Absolute joy!

I had a wonderful late November five night, tent camping, surf fishing week at a wonderful, clean, quiet campground. I stayed in site D-17 and recommend any of those sites on the outer perimeter of D loop.

The bath houses were always clean. The park hosts were friendly and accessible. The town of Ocracoke is only a five minute drive yet a world away from this peaceful place.

Just call it home

A wonderful campground to visit or just stay awhile. I’m a travel nurse living in my RV with my husband and 2 dogs and I call it home. It’s quiet and peaceful with a small pond to fish in. There’s a Blue Herron that hangs out by the pond you can see everyday. There are beautiful deer that come out at dusk to eat with their babies. And it’s just an all around peaceful place that connects with nature. The owners are great and live onsite. I couldn’t have picked a better place to camp.

Understated Gem

I admit to being uncertain when I made reservations here.  I had not seen any pictures of it or a camp map. What a great surprise. Phyllis was very attentive and accomodating. The grounds are immaculate, sites are level and very well designed for optimal privacy. This property has many perks: dog friendly and has space to exercise your furbabies, boat ramp to explore the surrounding waterways, golfing, screened gazebo, laundry, David's Red Barn which did not have entertainment during our stay. The man made pond adds beauty and we sighted great blue heron daily. Perfect location to go and explore Edenton NC. Please check out this beautiful, interesting, and historical town. Eat at "Nothing Fancy". We highly recommend this Campground and will stay again if in the area.

BEst beach in US

Great campground if you are ready to fend off the bugs.

Can be windy and rainy.
The fresh fish in town is super for grilling.

Beach is empty (relatively.

Top notch facilities and spectacular views.

The facilities are top notch and the beach area is out of this world. Great spot for a quick get away or even longer. Get out there and enjoy the beauty that nature has to offer.

Typical beach campground

I’m use to camping in the mountains so the openness of a beach campground was not some thing I enjoyed. But that being said this was one of the nicer campsites we stayed at in the Outer Banks. It was quiet clean and very close to the beach. You could also ride your bike into town on a bike path which was very convenient. They’re doing a lot of work on the campground. The night we stayed they were going to repave the roads and they’re working on the bathrooms. The stars were amazing at night and it was very quiet unlike the other campgrounds we stayed at in the Outer Banks later on our trip. I would stay here again.

Very quiet spot in the woods

Very helpful and friendly owners that live just off the camp grounds if you need anything. I stayed in a spot nestled in the woods. Very quiet. Good spot for a night or two

Beauty in the Quiet

This was my first trip to Goose Creek State Park, but it certainly won’t be the last. We stayed in the new RV campground, and it couldn’t have been more perfect. Large sites, a fire pit, and because we were there off season — very few fellow campers!

The staff was super nice, the restrooms were very clean and quite new. The trails were well maintained and well marked. Some features were closed due to Covid restrictions (the swim beach for example), but it didn’t lessen the experience at all.

Good People !

I'll definitely be back

Very well maintained. Stayed at primitive site 11 to be close to the water but it's a little too close to another site (luckily I was the only one in the circle of sites). I'll probably choose a lower number next time. Bathroom was clean. It was very quiet the night I stayed. Absolutely perfect! I'll definitely be back!!!