Beam Mill , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Beam Mill Camping Reviews
Canoe In Camping!

We decided to do some cold weather camping so we made our reservation in December, packed up our bags and a canoe and went off to Lake James. It. Was. Awesome. For one, we were the only people at the "boat only access" sites. Secondly, the bathroom was super clean and the sites were awesome. Then.. last but not least a baby raccoon was hanging out nearby that we got to watch from a lil distance, and baby raccoons are adorable.

I'd definitely go back!

Linville Falls

At the top of Linville Falls you can hammock camp on a Rock are within 50 feet of the Waterfall.

Good Times at the Gorge!

These are pretty decent sites. You just pull off the road, set up and enjoy the camping experience.
We hiked down to the gorge and also enjoyed the dispersed camping available right along the riverside, which was pretty cool but… that hike back up is a DOOZY especially with a pack on. I would recommend it. The payoff of the views is highly worth any trail difficulties.
This was a really clean, well respected area. I liked to see that most other campers were clearly doing their part to Leave no Trace.

Clean, safe, fun!

Super nice owners, we had a tent camp party of 10 and really enjoyed the time there. Ice and firewood are available onsite, as well as some general store goods like sunscreen, t-shirts, etc. The bathroom/shower facilities were excellent. The sites are clean and clear.

Super close to the gorge as well, easy drive access. Also highly recommend the only diner there "down the street" (a stone building, iirc)  at the crossroads - excellent burger and fries for takeout if you're in the mood.

One note - this is indeed a "family" campground, so taking our college-aged group there with a 10pm curfew was a bit rocky but it worked out fine.

Returned to our Roots

My husband and I started our camping life with Bear Den in 2004 and we decided to come back in our own camper this time. The roads in are very narrow and winding. There were some pretty hairy parts coming in. Thankfully we made it without too many issues. Our site had some great views but mostly because the other sites were empty. The sites are very close together but if the foliage was filled in it would likely not seem as close.

The weather was extremely cold and we ended up losing our heat so had to cut the trip short but we had a nice time otherwise. We will definitely be back if we have more time. The hassle of getting in and out of the campground and each space isn’t something we want to do for a weekend trip.

Spacious with Amenities

My husband and I car camped at Paddy Creek in Lake James State Park and were surprised to find such great amenities. The bathrooms were clean and convenient from all the sites. There was water available at our site and neat trails down to the lake.

Picturesque and spacious

My husband and I spent Thankgiving at one of the Table Rock backcountry sites and couldn't have loved it more. Our site at picturesque views of the mountains and a convenient fire ring.

Word's LITERALLY Cannot Describe

This place is a little slice of Heaven for LGBTQ folk! Very Welcoming, clean, very well maintained, and landscaped- not to mention paved pads. This campground has several park models who belong to some part time and some full time folks who came and never left. There's a decent sized pool, a community fire pit, a lake where you can paddle boat. I highly recommend.

Best Primitive Camping

Some of the most inspiring and challenging hikes are to be had here! The entire gorge is hikeable and you can even spend days walking through it on a backpacking trip. This campground is where I spend all of my serious summer camping and hiking. There's campsites for car camping or park in a designated parking lot and hike on in to the wilderness! Be prepared to see the most stars you've ever seen in your life!

Highly recommend

We stayed at P33 in Paddy’s Creek. Site was super clean and short walk to the bathhouse that was pristine. Water pumps/faucets are at every other site so you don’t have to go far. The camp hosts were super friendly and informative on trails as well as assisting with fishing spots. They routinely monitored all the campsites for any issues and brought bundles of wood that were cheap to purchase and burned wonderfully.