Battleboro, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Battleboro Camping Reviews
Great layover

Pull through spots that make overnight, or even a couple day, stays very easy. Full hook ups. Clean. Even though just off the highway, very quiet. Easy access to amenities and provisions if required, or preferred. Affordable.

Great campground!

We spent one night here in April. It was great!

There are some pretty easy hiking trails, great for kids. Really beautiful wooded area. The campground was everything you could ask for! Large, level sites that are very secluded and far apart from each other. Bathrooms were clean and well situated. Very family-friendly!

We want to come back soon!

Beautiful views

We stayed at site 21 on the satterwater loop. It was a little steep for a roof top tent but we made do backing the truck in! The water was shockingly warm for October and the kids got their feet in! Highly recommend this area for families. A large field for the kids to run around play catch and a small play ground. My only complaint is late into the evening walking to the bathroom the one way road was fairly busy with a lot of big trucks and campers

Excellent

Excellent place, clean, friendly, nice boat access, great beaches, highly recommend

Great for the family

Nice park, lots of room for fishing, swimming and relaxing with the family. Clean facilities and awesome staff. Not recommended for anyone looking for solitude.

Small but lots to do

This is probably our favorite thus far. We like the lake and it’s easily accessible. We’re weren’t right on the water but can see the lake from the camper. It contains putt putt, pool, store, 2 beaches, dock, fishing areas, playground, and tons of shade. We’ll be back!

Nice lake views

Limited sewer hook up. Some sites uneven. Pull through sites available. Staff was wonderful. Stocked camp store, small grill, but great food.

Beautiful sites

First come first serve and we got a beautiful site overlooking the lake. The staff and manager are the friendliest ever. Would definitely come here again

Great family site for lake-side camping

We stayed in sites 20 and 21 and they are are sloped, which makes tent placement a bit tricky but doable. Each of these two sites have rocky shore lines, which makes paddle-up camping a bit challenging but again, it’s doable. Sites 18 and 19 have beach fronts that are sandy and a bit more secluded from the main lake. There are common area spigots with fresh water and several lined trash cans shared between sites. There is room at each site to park at least two cars if not 3 and there are fire rings and composite picnic tables too. Sites are fairly close to one another so you’ll be about 25 yards from your neighbors in most sites. We reserved two sites to have a buffer…$23 a nite it’s worth the extra space.

We paddled into this site from Nutbush recreation area, and it was just about 4 miles one way. Nice little kayak camping trip.

It’s mostly families camping and was fairly quiet after about 11pm.

I would do it again but I think a bit of a flatter site would be better. There is also a boat marina about 1.8 miles south of this camp site in the event you bring gas powered watercrafts and need to fill up.
The photos from the lake’s shore were taken from site #20 with a shot looking left and one looking right.

Great weather for our trip.

We love this campground . Nice big sites and level , plenty of swimming areas around the lake.

Only been here one time

I have only visited this campground one time & I did not stay the night! There is lots of space to walk and play, ride bikes, etc. There is a really nice pool with a store up front and they have cabins from what I remember. I would go back again IF I didn’t already live in the surrounding area lol

Not the best I’ve been to

This campground is in an okay location. There is not much to do in the surrounding area and the only thing that I remember them really having to offer is a swimming pool. They had little paddle boats and stuff on the water but I’m not sure if they get used. You can’t swim in the water because it is just too nasty. The tent site we were given was awful. It is very stumpy and bumpy throughout the entire campground. Lots of roots and tree limbs. May have been the worst camping experience of my life.

Quiet beauty on the water

Hibernia is the lesser know campground on Kerr Lake since it is located more off the popular travel route. There are only a few sites with hookups. Most sites are tent and dry camping. Whether you have water frontage or woods, the sites are large and private. Our waterfront site had its own little beach where we could swim and launch our kayak. When we camped in the woods, the other campers were well spaced. The park staff dropped by every few days just to visit and share information. It was so peaceful. Lots of hiking and biking too. Great place for families since there is so much to do.

Nice

Stayed here a few times for over nighters. Nice big sites nice pool area friendly people

Nice camp great for mountain bikes

Nice sites and great for mountain bikers

Great Lake camping with star gazing

This is a nice campground that is run by N.C. state parks and recreation. It seems to be less populated than some of the other state park hot spots, as in I was able to reserve a lake front spot for Friday the Tuesday before the trip. It does get dark enough there that you could see the Milky Way. I would have loved to share a picture but I was too relaxed just looking up at the stars. Many sites are lake front and you can choose between more lake shore/beach like camping or wooded lake camping. The large bathhouses are nice with large showers and the small toilet houses are less new but not bad, and allow you to never be too far away from a toilet. Both bathhouses and toilet buildings are in there own field so you do not end up being that campsite stuck right beside the bathhouses with random people walking through your site trying to find the trail in the middle of the night. Over all I would say it’s a great place to runaway to.

Decent

Stayed the weekend of the airshow, quiet and accessible to the BX/Commissary but CAC ID required for campground and other base amenities. We also enjoy the gym and bowling alley, planning to come back to see movies at the base theatre. All are of these are pretty close to the campground. Improvements I recommend: -Allow patrons to make reservations, first come first serve has deterred us in the past and likely others.

• the campground would benefit to have a playground
  • some of the cleaning/maintenance seemed to be neglected, our sewer drain had an issue and it did not seem to be a new problem.

The price is good though, with that in mind I'd say that it's a decent/average military campground.

Meh

The list begins. Camp sites were alright but this place is more for RVs. Hiking was not bad but not very many miles. Outside the park was sketchy so make sure you have all you need.

Perfect overnight

All the amenities and friendly staff Got us in ASAP Easy access off 64

Small but lots to do

Fishing Oriented

We stayed at Tranters Creek while we visited Greenville NC for a graduation. The campground was 20-30 minutes from the college so it was an ideal place to stay. There seems to be a lot of permanent type campers set up there and most of the campers seem to be there to fish. The campground itself was clean. The bathrooms were also clean and stocked. Since we were there in early May there wasn't a lot going on but we did stop by the campground yard sale. Overall there doesn't seem to be much to do unless you fish. There is a pier but they don't sell bait at the campground store and you must have a fishing license.

OH! Make sure you adhere to the speed limit!

Nice place for the family

I will start the review by saying KOA is not my favorite. That being said. This was nice for the kids. They liked the pool and other activities. It is in the middle of a bunch of farm fields though. Not much nature around if that is what you like.

Very nice place

Big sites, easy accessibility, close to I-95.

Great Experience

We failed to call before closing! Took a chance and stopped anyway. No answer at the after hours phone number! A Huge Thank You To Paul & Linda who were out on their golf cart and stopped, made a call, let us in and showed us where to park. A very nice park, well maintained, all the sites were clean and had excellent shower facilities.

Amazing canpground/park

This was my first time hiking with my teen daughter by ourselves, setting up camp, tent, cooking, etc. Picnic table, fire pit w/grill, level gravel tent pad on site, water spigot and trash can right in front of camp site. Bath house had doors for shower stalls as opposed to curtains, with shelves and hooks for your things. We brought our furbabies with us and we enjoyed 2 or 3 wonderful trails with beautiful views, some rock climbing, just a wonderfully happy place. My girl rode her bike around the campground and it was perfectly safe. I've been waiting to get back for quite a while.

Lifetime of Camping

This camp ground is full of memories for me. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy the lake. Enjoy sitting around a camp fire. Enjoy walking to the bath house in the rain. Enjoy.

Lots of Great Hiking Trails!

This campground is beautiful for fall camping. There are over 10 miles of trails to hike. We also conoed down the creek. The creek is about 2.5 miles long and took us only 2 hours to paddle. The campground was also very clean!

Great campground!

No cell service! 😀 Clean restrooms, hot showers! Camp host and rangers are great!

Morden campsites, great setup

Updated campsites. Nice setup. Didn't stay long enough to comment more

Great location, fun for the kids.

Sand and water great camping spots loads of fun.