About North / South Lake Campground
North / South Lake Campground is located in New York
42.2015 N
18 Reviews of North / South Lake Campground
Great family campground

This place is enormous. This is a NYS park run by DEC. They are very strict with quite hours which are from 10pm to 7am. The had a truck come around many times after 10pm to make sure everyone was quite. This is a great spot for young kids. I was warned about high black bear activity in the region and even had to sign a waiver acknowledging their presence and all the rules associated.

Each site had a fire pit with a grill on top of it and a picnic table. Sites are very close together but that didn’t bother me. There are bathrooms and showers, both very clean in every loop. Attached to the bathroom area is a large sink to wash dishes.

The north lake is under construction so there is not beach front there. Beware of staying in Loop 6 as you will probably hear the construction noises.

The north lake does however have a nice path alongside it and a spot to deploy a non motorized boat.

No cell service anywhere in the park or close by.

I highly recommend staying here.

My favorite place in NY

Campground is big and staff are very friendly and helpful, I have stayed a various sites and they where all spacious slate floor so having something soft if sleep in a tent is recommended. The park offers plenty of hiking trails with great views, Overlook mountain hotel site, you can also hike to katterskills falls it’s a long hike but worth it when you get to the falls if not you can drive down and park at the trail head parking mid way down the road to get to the katterskill falls trail. Make sure to stop at the general store on the corner they have everything you need and souvenirs to bring home..

Excellent location.

Located just about a mile from Kaaterskill Falls this campground couldn’t be in a better spot. We had a wonderful weekend there. The restrooms were clean and had showers, which we did not expect.

Standard campground no frills

This was a nice campground, no frills, but it’s proximity to kaaterskill falls is the selling point

Love this place

The sites are spacious and private and there are lake side sites available too. Perfect for groups!! We were able to maximize our lake experience by bringing an inflatable kayak. I was able to explore many different parts of the lake and do a decent amount of fishing. There were a few hiking trails walking distance of the campground that were fun to explore. We will def come back!!

Clean, Tidy, Beautiful

What a great first camping experience for my toddler. He had a blast running around and hiking around the lake with his mom and dad. The beach was closed for swimming when we went (no lifeguards) but we rented kayaks and paddled around the whole day. Kaaterskill Falls are nearby - it hadn't rained much when we went, but it was still cool to see. Only complaint was lack of diaper changing table in bathroom - we had to change my son outside on the benches and it got a bit chilly!

Big sites wit trees separating them

nice bathrooms. Great hiking right from park. 2 beaches, kayaking. pretty strict on the rules and quiet times so you won’t have to worry about a loud part site.

Ok

We didn’t enjoy this campground as much. No cell service no internet and it rained the entire time. The one day it didn’t rain we went to the lake. It the water was tinted yellow/green. It may have been the rain but there also wasn’t many activities for the kids that I saw either

Charming, fun for the whole family!

I’ve had so many wonderful summers at North South Lake campground. I usually book in October to get a lakefront site and it’s well worth it! This campground has awesome trails, a charming little market just outside of the grounds, and friendly rangers and fellow campers. NS Lake was my first camping experience back in high school and it’s certainly where I want to bring my future children one day. Firewood is available at multiples houses down the road as well as at the check in hut. Kayaks and canoes are available for rentals. I’ve never had an issue or had to wait to rent a kayak and the prices are very reasonable. I can’t say enough good things about this place that is very special to me. Definitely worth checking out!

Large Family Friendly Campgroud

Large family friendly campground with all the amenities - boating, showers, great hiking.