The best GROUP camping near
Turin , NEW YORK

Most Recent Turin Camping Reviews
Great family place

Nice spots in loop c. Loop a is quite open. Nice overall.

Had a great weekend

Had a great time tent camping. Very clean and people were friendly. Also had great price for firewood at the camp shop.

Nicks Lake

Awesome campground

Decent camping!

Pretty standard Adirondack camping. Didn’t get to camp at the actual sites themselves because it was a bit late in the season but I found a pull off on the same road and was able to have a little fire on the beach and crash in the van just fine. Pretty close to a road but not a busy one at all.

Good people! Perfect location !

I’ve been here 6 times over 10 or so years. Very nice. Bathrooms are clean. Bears are active!!! I’m a huge fan!

Rip-off

*If you like RV resorts and places where people drive around in golf carts, disregard my review, you will  probably love this place

OK, I hadn't planned to stay in an RV resort, but was unpleasantly surprised to find that the two nearby state parks I had hoped to stay at were not accepting campers without reservations in September 2020.  So I was kind of desperate for a place to stay after a long drive.

So I found this place nearby.  They gave me a tent spot for $70 (?!).  About 10 yards to the next campsite in either direction, zero privacy, although luckily all the other tent sites were empty, because I was the only tent camper fool enough to stay here.  The campsite was also right on a road, with vehicles and golf carts whizzing by all the time.

The place is really more of a cottage/mobile home community, although there were also some RVs while I was there.

The only reason I've given this place two stars instead of one is that it is on Lake Ontario, although of course don't expect to see the lake from your over-priced tent site.  They also don't allow dogs on the beach.

Probably the worst-value, and worst, place I've ever stayed, for what I was looking for.  Again, if you like RV resorts, please disregard my review, you'll probably love it.

Great spot for the night!!

We had a waterfront hookup ! So pretty especially in the morning with the sunrise. The road to get in was for the most part well taken care of. It was pretty quiet especially after quiet hours everyone was very respectful. It got really windy at night which was nice to keep the bugs away. Friendly neighbors as well. There’s a few steps down to a gravel beach and an expansive view of the delta lake. There were bathrooms in the middle of our loop which was great and easy to walk to and it was very clean. There is a water full station when you enter but there are also a couple water spigots in our loop.

Gorgeous park to explore a natural gorge!

Whitaker park is such a fabulous place to spend a picnic day or stay for a few! Wide open flat fields for kickball or baseball and a view of the Adirondack foothills, spread out a blanket and read, play on the jungle gym or cook a great lunch on the grills at the pavilion.

Clean bathrooms with showers, sites for tents and rv’s, and a breathtaking trail to overlooks and waterfalls.

Great location offering both sunrise and sunsets over the water of Lake Ontario. Loved the access to the water for our dogs to swim and for beautiful views. Our site backed up to the water and although it was windy they thought ahead and built the fire pit up to block it. Our site was a little narrower than others based on our proximity to a corner, but we still loved it.

Awesome waterfront View

Met up with rv friends and stayed in a cottage. Guaranteed waterfront view.