Angle City , NEVADA

Most Recent Angle City Camping Reviews
No vacancy

We went and we u pull up there is a whole village back there no room to park was not able to find the two surrounding spots on the dyrt maps with camping spots either.

Great spot even on busy weekends

Such a good tucked away little spot! Had no problem on a Thursday and a Friday night getting a spot. I have a Prius and just backed into the spot near the old dryer that was used for target practice. No good space for a tent (and not exactly serene wilderness), but if you can sleep in your car/van/truck, it's a good spot away from others. Several spots along the dirt road in with fire pits. I tried to get up the hill on my first night-definitely need 4wd. Be careful if you have low clearance here. I was fine, but drive very slowly!

Great Lake area

Road rough to get to it. Very dispersed area. Looks like mile and miles. One vault toilet at head of campground but have water and dump station at Valley of Fire (close). Nice weather at this time of year. Not much trash either.

Works!

There are about five pull off spots but it’s still pretty spacious. I could hear the cars driving on the highway through the night though

Absolutely awesome

We spent 3 nights here in our pop up camper with two little ones (4 & 2yo). This campground is very well maintained and the access to hiking and exploring are literally out your tent! This was such a fun spot for my kids to explore, not to mention the mountain goats/rams! We were fortunate to get a spot after we checked both campgrounds (no luck), stopped to fill up our water tanks and scooted back in when a camper pulled out! This was on a Tuesday too! We forgot to bring the kids bikes but this would be a great spot for them. Valley of Fire is underrated, it is seriously stunning! Hats of the park rangers for maintainable of a beautiful park!

Great spot! First come, first serve, so arrive early. Even during the week.

Stayed just one night in my high top van. It was beautiful. The weather was perfect. Quiet at night. Some generator noise in the morning but it wasn't too loud or for very long. I went for a short hike on the rocks with my pup. It's ten bucks a day to be in the park and ten bucks a night at the place. The nearby place is twenty bucks a night plus a park fee. There are water stations and a dump station. As well as bathrooms. Each site appears to have shade, a table, fire rings a tent spot and a charcoal grill. Pets are welcome but on a leash. The park is very clean. I think the camp grounds are closed in the summer months but not positive. The park rangers do patrol regularly. Truly a beautiful place hidden away in the desert.

Cool area

Camping is pretty available and dispersed! There’s sites you can get to with and without 4 wheel drive, so options for rv’s and car camping. No cell service at all with sprint/t mobile. One vault toilet at head of camping area but not too many people camp close to it so prepare accordingly.

Crowded but Beautiful

Really interesting and unique park a little over an hour north of Las Vegas. Easy, short hikes through beautifully eroded red rock formations. The park is very busy on the weekends, but the park staff were pleasant and helpful.

First come, First serve camping with pay envelopes at the entrance. I was very lucky to find a spot on a Friday morning as another party was departing. Watched dozens of vehicles drive through asking if anyone was leaving.

The campsites are very close together, but everyone was respectful. Glad I checked it off the list.

Tip: If the campground is full, investigate the dispersed camping opportunities outside the park. You’ll see campers dispersed across the landscape while driving on the road to the park.

Right before you enter the gate

So you will start to see people parked and tons of dispersed camping. If you ever strike out on a spot this is the perfect area.. obviously, it's dispersed to you get none of the amenities but it's right outside the state park entrance and it's all you need. Plus people have fire pits set up so you can enjoy a nice fire. Great spot for sure.

Stunning landscape camping

Nothing better than coming here when it was cloudy and it made the rocks look insane!! Such a pretty little state park that as an adult I have never been to until now and I knew nothing of its beauty until now….

Ok, so we struck out on this campsite because it is first come first serve so being totally bummed… I did get some pictures to thank goodness because I cant wait to come back… we came Friday night which was way too late to even think about getting a spot…

You have dump stations and water fill areas which is always a bonus…

Bathrooms… Nothing special here your basic toilets and trash cans throughout this campground.

ADA accessible and very well marked and well kept.

Stunning landscape… I know I said it already but hey Mother nature deserves all the glory.

They did have walk-in camp spots available and it was a pretty short walk, not possible for us because of our small children and everything we bring, none less a great place if you would like to park and walk… a pretty cool add on.

Also, one section is just for RVs, and it's an additional 10 bucks

A really gorgeous place to camp and it's a decent campsite for sure.