Pahrump, NEVADA

Most Recent Pahrump Camping Reviews

Stayed here for 4 nights Amazing good sized spaces w full hook up Friendly Pools are nice clean laundry and baths! Pet runs

Boondocking

Basically the whole road is campable. Wash, little trails, back in areas, little pull outs. All kinds of places. Quiet and dark. Few people travel the road. There is 5G service as long as you stay on the highway side of the hill.

No resources whatsoever. 100% off grid.

Our Go To spot when around Las Vegas

I love the canyon and mountains here. There’s hiking nearby farther in the canyon and has never been an issue finding a spot for or Sprinter here.

The staff and accommodations are fantastic!

The staff is always been helpful and amazing! The pool is always super clean as well as the bathrooms and the laundry room. You could not ask for a better place to stay!

Clean and dispersed group sites

Little breezy so we flew a kite. We loved it

Surrounded by Red Rock and Beautiful mountains!

This campground is located across the street from the beautiful Red Rock Conservation area. It is a semi flat desert area this many tent spots (single and group) and some walk in for late comers. Reservations are recommended because in our experience it fills up fast.

Second time camping at Macks

Had a great time both times I’ve camped here with friends. The dirt road takes you far out of the way and away from everything. Some of the sites are situated on the side of mountains so the views (especially at sunset) are breathtaking. Sites are spacious and set far away from each other. Very happy with these sites. Great place to disconnect. Very primitive. Make sure to take all your trash out with you. Gets windy at night so stuff can blow away.

Great low price

Stayed 4 days. Had a premium back in site near restrooms paid $25 nightly for full hookups. Some sites as low as $15 nightly. We found this downtown Vegas location to be a great close to the action RV site. Quite stay, super clean bathrooms and laundry room. Must register through the front desk inside the Main street station Casino. Staff very friendly, I would definitely stay here again.

Scenic, next to trails

We stayed in #7, out of 11. Nice, clean flush toilets. Power only. You cannot beat this for a staycation out of Vegas. 110 in town, 83 during the days here. Near road but barely noticed the traffic. It is next to the flat, interpretive trail Acastus Trail that lead to the Visitor Center and across from the Fletcher View trail. This spot had a raised picnic area with bbq and fire pit and place for a tent too. We loved it.

Wallace Canyon Rd

Started in Parump on Wheeler Pass Road and headed up Northeast until the Wallace Canyon Road turnoff. Beautiful desert drive that ends in pines. Saw close to ten mule deer off the road. Could probably make it was 2wd but better off having 4x4 with decent clearance.

Primitive but secluded

This is basic- no electrical hook ups or paved roads/spots so if you want to be true to nature this is great! After a mile or so 4WD is recommended. We saw a few people unable to get up the hill near us, so be prepared. The stars are brilliant though, since there’s no lights nearby.

At Mack's canyon you can find solitude and peacefulness.

The road is a bit rough, you just have to go slow. The campground is primitive. There are two little springs that seep out of the ground. I just love how quiet it is you get about a handful of people that come up to see the flowers that are near the spring. I haven't seen any wildlife up there except for chipmunks, but the trees are great.

Great get away

Very clean camp grounds. Reserved 2 spots mid week and had a blast. So many hiking trails around the area. Loved getting out of the Vegas heat for couple of days. Would definitely go back .

Simple but good

Simple good and comfortao

Very simple place but with a great atmosphere

Very simple place but with a great atmosphere

Not many amenities but nice customer care

Dirty place and zero customer service.

Dirty place and zero customer service it seems it’s an abandoned place.

Excellent park

Great place outside the huddle and bustle of Vegas. Adult pool, level concrete sites, full hookups, grill on site and one of the best park stores I have been in. Would have given a 5 except for poor wifi

Overnight camping is back!

CAMPING HAS BEEN RESTORED HERE!!  …Once upon a time, this area WAS a campground; however, in 2015 it was converted to Day Use only due to flash flooding that occurs in heavy rains.  In June 2019, we confirmed that camping has returned!  USDA Forest Service website info has not been updated yet, but the new sign posted at the campground confirms that camping overnight is allowed. (This campground is also not included with the collection of campgrounds found on Rec.gov.)  The new sign states that sites are recommended for RV use only.  That's because when the campground was converted to day use, they removed the tent pads, but you certainly can find a site that will accommodate a tent.  The host said some sites were supposed to be left for day use only, but campers are taking all the sites (27), and no one is enforcing it either way.  All sites are first come, first serve, with a picnic table, grill, fire ring, but no shade structures.  Restrooms, water on tap, and concrete benches are scattered throughout.  $12 Mon-Thurs; $18 Fri-Sun & Holidays.  Campground is located close to the main Kyle Canyon Rd, so noise can be an issue, but wear earplugs and enjoy the pine trees anyway!  This is great news for the Mt Charleston recreation area, as this camping location has been very missed.

Relax and Glamp

Easy drive/ stroll this campground, large sites with full hookups and concrete pads for easy level setup. Fun times at the separate swimming pool area for adults and kids which is open late for some night swimming. 18 hole mini golf course, restaurant, and mini mart onsite. Easy taxi or uber ride to the strip. Not scenic by any means but comfortable, safe, quiet, and secure location.

Sunday/Monday 24hr trip.

Got up there around 10:30-11:00am on Sunday. “Champion Road” is a decently maintained dirt/gravel road and there are camp sites scattered on both sides, all different shapes and sizes. I took a small road off to the right towards the mountain and found a pretty secluded site. My site had a rock fire ring from previous campers and a cleared away flat area for a tent. I brought a small table luckily because there was nowhere to put stuff other than hanging in the trees, on the ground or on a log. My tent is a 2 person 6ftx7ft tent and was too big for spot so my tent wasn’t positioned very well, other sites may have been better. I think because my site was a bit more off the main road it had fewer campers therefore was not as well kept. My site was very rocky and well covered by large trees, not another site within a 400 meter radius. I didn’t check out many other sites so can only speak for mine. It was a little dirty from previous campers, but after a quick walk through and clean up it was homey. Next time probably will find a little bit more “developed” spot with larger area for my tent and cleared away rocks. Great for the short time I was there and serve me well for getting away and hanging by the fire, listening to music and watching the stars. Definitely will be going back soon. Maybe do some thing to make the spot a little better for the next camper and bring bags to take your trash (and others trash) with you when you leave. Enjoy!

Great spot!

Just went here for my first time and I love it. Scenery is beautiful, it’s a lot cooler than down in the city(which was nice to get away from the heat), and it was clean. I think next time I’ll definitely reserve a spot I want because it was a little packed.

Safe with easy access to the Strip

After having had our car broken into at a hotel parking lot on The Strip we didn't feel safe leaving our RV in a hotel parking lot while we attended a concert.  Not only felt safe but liked the very clean shower/ restrooms, full hookups and level concrete pads. Lots of amenities from pool to onsite cafe.   Not our normal place to stay and more than we would normally pay but really enjoyed having a place to leave our rv without worrying.  Conveniently located for an easy Uber/Lyft to The Strip.

Marquee

Reserved a camp site for the last two nights of the season. Amazing! We’ll be back for sure.

Single night Solo

Drove up in a Camry to get away for Memorial Day; I had a blast! There were plenty of sites and first few had enough room for an RV. Everything else on the trail was kind of tight. It wasn’t terribly cold but it started snowing overnight! Woke up to 2 inches of snow and witnessed a gorgeous winter wonderland from my tent. Make sure to check the weather and or bring snow chains! Bring a camping spade and pack your trash out. Leave no trace!

Quite and easy access to amenities

Very nice place on the west side of Mt. Charleston OHV welcome . Easy access to amenities Cell and television reception GOOD

Great way to get away from the Vegas heat 🔥

This place has great campsites and friendly staff. The bathrooms are clean. Your just a few minutes away from Lee Canyon Resort and about 20 minutes from the Mt Charleston Lodge.

Great place to hang in between travels.

This place has it all. Great pools, close to the strip, mini mart, restaurant etc. great for when you are on the road and want to hit the LV Strip up. This is not close to any mountain areas or hikes.

Newer, Clean Desert campsites

No thrills but clean and newer sites that are perfect for trekking into Red Rock.

Clean up your shit! and others before you too!

Good sites with dirt road access. Need campers that care to help leave cleaner sites.