Lake Mead National Recreation Area, NEVADA
Most Recent Lake Mead National Recreation Area Camping Reviews
Relax and Glamp

Easy drive/ stroll this campground, large sites with full hookups and concrete pads for easy level setup. Fun times at the separate swimming pool area for adults and kids which is open late for some night swimming. 18 hole mini golf course, restaurant, and mini mart onsite. Easy taxi or uber ride to the strip. Not scenic by any means but comfortable, safe, quiet, and secure location.

Always super clean and friendly people. I love that it is 20 minutes from my house to the campsite!

Walking or biking distance to the lake. No dogs are allowed on the beaches there. That is a bummer!

No amenities, more sexluded

Mid-Basin cove is more secluded than its sister site up the road but much more secluded and enjoyable. Dispersed camping on the beach, fires and pets allowed.

Great mid week dispersed camping.

Pit toilets, calm water, on beach camping. Come during the week for the most solitude. Can get busy on the weekend.

Its Vegas what else can you expect?

Koa Sams Town Las Vegas is a clean tidy place to park your R.V or Travel Trailer. They have very clean restrooms a d showers. Also cheap to stay here only its not much like camping here. Only it is in a much better part of Vegas than down off the strip or down town and Sams town casino is w/ in walking distance. So it beats staying off the strip or near Fremont St. Experience , because alot less traffic to fight thru. Koa is on Boulder Highway and Nellis blvd. Not far from the I-15  freeway.

Road runner RV park

The RV park was easily accessed from the interstate fairly close to the road but very nice lots of trees the staff was very friendly and except Good Sam

Great campground

Not far from Vegas lots of amenities the water in lake Mohave is way cleaner and clear bring your scuba gear kayak canoe boat can’t go upriver towards the dam on Sunday’s with a motor paddle only keep that in mind great fishing and spear fishing no limit on carp great for target practice invasive species and don’t hurt the channel catfish or Razorbacks I’ve seen big horn sheep around the camp and waters edge fish cleaning station small store boat rentals everything in one amazing spot go for it !! You won’t be disappointed but keep in mind it does get crowded get your spot early unless your launching a boat and find a spot on the river I recommend way better some old mining equipment upriver to see and hot springs

Was a good spot

I’ve used this area to camp since I was a kid I’m almost 30 now over the years it’s been a great local spot with few people around and you could usually find a nice secluded spot to get away from everything and fish let the kids play play some tunes and keep to yourself in the beauty of nature and the lake over the last few years this spot has become more popular and is now overcrowded with people cramming into every little section of beach leaving their trash diapers plastic bags anything you can think of especially broken glass its unfortunate I’ve had to evacuate our camp once because someone wouldn’t leave us alone and made us uncomfortable and we didn’t feel safe sleeping there at night with this weirdo bothering us we found a spot far away from everyone again with no one around and then another stranger decided to park right next to us and set up his camp deliberately next to ours so we left again we come out here to getaway from the Vegas weirdos but they have found their way out there as well Guns are allowed anywhere in lake mead so feel free to bring protection I recommend it NV and Lake Mead is 2A friendly checked with the rangers to confirm and they also agreed it would be wise to be armed while camping in this area there are Large packs of Coyotes as well that do not seem to fear humans as much and will lurk around your camp even in the daytime to be weary if you have kids I had to chase one off camp a few times and never let my kids wander off keep an eye on them also small dogs keep close the coyotes don’t like big dogs when I took my full grown Male German Shepherd we never seen one or even heard them get close but my dog is well trained and constantly patrols the camp and marks his territory definitely helped keep them away besides that if you get lucky you can find a sweet spot enjoy lots of fishing great views nice beaches swimming animals and everything else nature has to offer enjoy

Quick, Easy, AWESOME

We pulled into the campground at 1am on our way from California to Colorado. Just $20 for vehicle entrance with camping included. Woke up to an amazing red rock landscape of varying heights and climbability. HEADS UP: Park in spot #8-10 because they are shaded longer into the morning! We woke up to scorching heat in spot #4.

Hidden gem

This is a tiny State Park that you can spend a couple hours, a day or a week exploring. Scenic drive is spectacular. Endless red rock formations and slot canyons to explore. I was here end of December, which is considered a popular time to camp here. It was busy. Comfortable camping. One of the campgrounds even has showers. Some really cool spots tucked deep in the rocks. My spot had a level gravel camping pad and a covered picnic table. Evidence of big horn sheep all through camp. Great hiking, views, petroglyphs, dog friendly. Hard to believe it's an hour from Vegas!

Safe with easy access to the Strip

After having had our car broken into at a hotel parking lot on The Strip we didn't feel safe leaving our RV in a hotel parking lot while we attended a concert.  Not only felt safe but liked the very clean shower/ restrooms, full hookups and level concrete pads. Lots of amenities from pool to onsite cafe.   Not our normal place to stay and more than we would normally pay but really enjoyed having a place to leave our rv without worrying.  Conveniently located for an easy Uber/Lyft to The Strip.

Clean and Clear Water

My husband and I have been coming to Lake Mojave for years. This is our first campground we ever stayed at together. Marina is nice and has everything you’ll need. Water is so clear you can see the fish underneath as you paddle out. We have many favorite beaches outside the marina to paddle to for those hot summer days.

Marquee

Reserved a camp site for the last two nights of the season. Amazing! We’ll be back for sure.

Katherine

Took the back roads fun drive we miss the guard keeper

Great Campsite but Remote

We were heading to camp at Lake Mead last minute with no reservations and were nervous about getting a spot, but we showed up at Echo Bay on a weekend and there was practically NO ONE there…to this day I still have no idea why, maybe it was a bit early in the season.  Seems like it was pretty much just an overflow for those that did not get other sites, but it was totally fine to me.

Make sure to get a site under a tree with some shade.  All sites had restrooms, trash, and water nearby.

There is not a great place nearby to get groceries, so make sure to stock up beforehand.  There is a little convenience store at the site but pickings were very slim.

There's a boat ramp at the bottom of the road, and some nice places to walk/hike along the lake.

Only downside is that it is pretty remote and it was an hour drive to Hoover Dam and the main lake Mead recreation areas.

Very clean, well kept. Get there early before 9. They fill up very fast!

Beautiful views all around the campgrounds. Get there early, they fill up very very fast. I showed up at 9:30 and barely got a spot!  Completely worth the early showing though! And good price at $10 to get in the park and $10 to camp per night!

Spectacular scenery just minutes away from the Las Vegas Strip.

Awesome views with great trails and rock climbing.

Lakeside Desert Camping

What can I say. You’re in the desert. Don’t be looking for a shady campsite. The sites are fine with fire pit / bbq, picnic table. Nearby water access and clean bathrooms. Friendly camp host. Great marina with all the bells and whistles. Friendly staff at marina, market and cafe. Dogs not allowed waterside but a nice cove (6 Mile Cove) is just a short drive and dogs allowed there.

Nice place but beware of others

The location is one of the best I have ever seen. I was able to camp with amazing views of the lake. For camping this was the penthouse. I couldn't ask for a better site.

The problem is others also want to enjoy this location. I thought that camping during the week would be less crowded, but I was wrong. While having others camping or visiting near me isn't a big problem, the level of courtesy from others makes it unlikely I'll ever visit this site again.

Monday night someone maybe 75 yards away felt it was their privilege to blast their gangster rap for all to hear. This went on until about 11 at night, and they finally left. You would think I'd finally have peace and quiet, but no, some drunken girls moved into their spot and decided to karaoke sing mariachi music until 1 am. At this point they finally left, and we finally got some peace and quit to go to sleep.

Now Tuesday morning was great. The place was near empty and the weather was great. We fished and swam in the lake all day. We had occasional guest but they were courteous. This was looking like a great day, and everything was until 9:30 pm when two half running cars pulled up and parked in front of my camper about 20 ft away, and decided to start a late night fire. Of course they spoke another language and pretend we were not even there, and didn't even consider the half dozen other sites around me. Even the drunken karaoke site from the night before was free, but they thought it was best to get up and personal.

Now there were about 4 kids between 4-6 years old, and 8 adults. Keep in mind this was a school/work night. Now these kids were bored and liked to explore and mess with my stuff, while the parents drank and talk around the camp fire. Now you would think these parents would control there kids, but at best all I heard was an occasional comment to tell their kids to leave my stuff alone. So I had to stay up and guard my stuff, and all I could think of was how much I wanted to leave, but being nighttime and set up in a pop up trailer there was no way I could move my site. They ended up staying until midnight and finally left; however they did leave the camp fire still blazing.

Needless to say the next morning I left to find a another site.

Found a more accessible site.

Tried to camp here on May 20, 2019 and couldn’t access the site because it requires a legitimate 4x4 with big tires. It is no joke. Our group of 4 instead followed big wash rd to the top and there was a fire pit already there and a solar panel. Beautiful view of a city. Don’t go if it’s going to be windy, we had to move our tent 3 times but much easier to access in my Chevy Equinox and worth the views.

Very updated and free WiFi

Just bought my camper so this was the close place to test it and it is wonderful. No cell reception but free WiFi is a bonus! Bathrooms were very clean and new. Half of the camping spots were pull throughs which are nice if you are still practicing to back in. Trailer spots are next to the tent spots. Can walk down to the water a little ways where there is a small place to eat. Very dark at night and great to see stars!

Great place to hang in between travels.

This place has it all. Great pools, close to the strip, mini mart, restaurant etc. great for when you are on the road and want to hit the LV Strip up. This is not close to any mountain areas or hikes.

Newer, Clean Desert campsites

No thrills but clean and newer sites that are perfect for trekking into Red Rock.

Lake Mead Area sites

Stayed here after flying into Las Vegas. Sites were wide open. Some car traffic is heard, it’s right next to a fairly traveled road. Very clean sites and bathrooms.

First Camp of the Summer

It's a very clean campground. My wife and i set up camp on an early Saturday morning and for the rest of the day we enjoyed the weather and good conversation with the people camping up and down the road. The facility was well taken care of and have some great views especially during sunset. Looking forward to another visit there later this summer. H20 at each camp, restrooms only a few hundred feet from our site. The marina, RV camps and C-store were all operated by super friendly people.

Cheap

It’s ok just a parking lot with hookups but only like 24 a night I think

Lake front camping.

Not sure why we would go to tent camp at Lake Mead in the middle of summer but we did, and we were not the only ones. It was 110 degrees during the day and 85 degrees at night. Quite miserable honestly. Tent sites were spacious and bathrooms were fairly clean. Ideal time to camp here would most likely be early Spring or late Fall.

A peaceful spot

Stayed here for 4 nights in mid March. It was not our intended destination, but it was spring break and it’s where we ended up. In the end it was lovely. It’s a little strange, as there used to be a marina just below the campground, and the buildings and leftover equipment are still there, but not in use (other than an extremely sparsely stocked store and gas station.) The campground itself had some nicely shaded spots and decent privacy. The camp host was very pleasant and helpful as well. The weather was perfect and it was a great location for visiting Valley of Fire and Lake Mead.

One of my favorites

My friends and I came here as somewhat of a celebration vacation. We had a little trouble our first night because we arrived so late and the campsites are first come first serve, but the next day we were able to score two of the walk-in campsites. Both have fire rings and a picnic table, and it provided us with enough privacy to truly enjoy our space, but we were close enough to cook dinner and have fires together at night. It’s so incredible laying in a smooth rock cove, eating hot dogs and laughing with your friends! I love the walk in camp sites here and will probably be back in the future

Not as “modern” but more beautiful!

There are two campgrounds in Valley of Fire: Atlatl with showers, modern bathrooms, and RV hookups but we decided on Arch Rock. Only vault toilets but the 29 campsites are tucked in among the red rocks more so than at Atlatl. Some are more private than others (22-24 are the best in my opinion). We ended up at 27 which had a nice secluded area where we could enjoy a campfire. Stargazing was amazing! (Hard to believe we were only an hour from the light pollution of Las Vegas!) Each Site has a fire ring and bbq. Sites are large and each has a covered picnic table (essential in the heat). They are very sandy and you will get sand and pebbles in your sandals if that is your footwear of choice! The flies were pesky, there was no cell service and be aware your voice will echo among the rocks but this was a very beautiful setting to camp! No reservations and we were lucky to get a site on a Friday at the end of April.