Lake Mead National Recreation Area, NEVADA

Camping Nevada Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Most Recent Lake Mead National Recreation Area Camping Reviews
Different Spaces to choose from.

Very nice and helpful employees. Lots of different areas to camp in. Overall, Davis Camp is clean and a very safe place to camp. We always get the yearly pass for seniors $20.00. Late night the donkeys walk through the park.

Great campground close to LV

Love this campground. Easy access from Las Vegas, but feels a world away. Lots of big trees and bushes make the campground feel like an oasis. I’ve come out here on holiday weekends and was always able to find a site. Many of them have great views. The sites over looking the wash allow you to hear a river while you sleep! At night I’ve always heard coyotes and owls. Access to Lake Mead is a 15 minute drive away. Restrooms are flush facilities and clean.

Not dispersed, not open

We went here hoping to find free camping—it was the end off September and they were closed. It is now a private campground and we would have had to pay if they’d been open.

The staff and accommodations are fantastic!

The staff is always been helpful and amazing! The pool is always super clean as well as the bathrooms and the laundry room. You could not ask for a better place to stay!

Wow!

Beautiful campground in the midst of beautiful rock formations. The night sky is amazing from here, especially considering how close Vegas is with all its lights. A couple of bathrooms are shared while each site has a picnic table, shade structure and fire ring.

Clean and dispersed group sites

Little breezy so we flew a kite. We loved it

Golden Valley Nest

Had a wonderful stay at this RV park. Has a wonderful staff and very friendly. Full hook-ups make the stay very convenient and comfortable, not only the cost is very reasonable. Dogs enjoyed the dog park and the old farm equipment made the place very rustic.

Primitive Site

Just to the north off Hwy 63 headed from Golden Valley to Laughlin sits a off road BLM camping site. Road is well maintained and lots of level areas to park your camper. Bring in your own water and generator, pack out what you bring in. No trash pick up or garbage containers. Great spot to stay for the night or day to explore mines and or ride.

Okay for a few days

Honestly, we chose this RV park due to proximity to the Cummins facility. I don’t believe we will choose this park again.

Pros:

Gated. Full hookups.

Cons:

Proximity to Nellis AFB flyovers. Started at 7 am and were on/off all day. If you want a place to sleep in, this is not it. I love planes and jets, but this park is on the flight path.

Everything, except for convenience stores and gas stations, is at least 3-5 miles away: grocery stores, restaurants, etcetera.

Bad part of town, hence the need for security gates.

A severe tire damage spike strip is installed to keep vehicles from going the wrong way. And it is at the sharp left turn to exit (with an RV space across the way). There has to be a better way.

Speed bumps are throughout park. I hate this trend.

Not necessarily big rig friendly if you have a full side slideout. Could not use awning because tree butted right up to the slide.

Very Clean grounds and restrooms

Couldn't get a camp site at Red rock campground, or Valley of fire so we "settled" for this campground and glad we did. Even though the RV campgrounds are next door almost every one was in a trailer. But all was good because quiet time came and all the generators turned off. Park Rangers patrolled and we friendly and bathrooms were spotless!!!

Surrounded by Red Rock and Beautiful mountains!

This campground is located across the street from the beautiful Red Rock Conservation area. It is a semi flat desert area this many tent spots (single and group) and some walk in for late comers. Reservations are recommended because in our experience it fills up fast.

Beautiful Colorado River

Affordable camping and day use on the Colorado River just North of Bullhead City, AZ and Laughlin, NV. Full hook-ups available, showers, and on the river camping. Great place to spend a few days or just a few hours on the river. Convenient Jetski rentals on site.

Beautiful, Camping for all types, great hiking and visitors center

We had always heard how wonderful this place was and we made a point of staying here after a trip to Utah and Arizona.  We stayed in late October, weather was very nice.  Both of the campgrounds are in the red rocks and most sites you get to park your rig or put of your tent right in them.  Some sites have electric service.  This was (in October 2018) all first come first served, and it is VERY POPULAR.  So, you have to wing it and show up and hope for a site, and this is after you pay to get into the park.  It was so worth the visit, the environment is picture perfect everywhere.  There are a ton of great hikes and if you take the road up past the visitors center you can hike “the wave” see photo below, and potentially see lots of big horn sheep, including males with the large head racks.  This was such a great visit, I hope to go again, and spend more time.

Great low price

Stayed 4 days. Had a premium back in site near restrooms paid $25 nightly for full hookups. Some sites as low as $15 nightly. We found this downtown Vegas location to be a great close to the action RV site. Quite stay, super clean bathrooms and laundry room. Must register through the front desk inside the Main street station Casino. Staff very friendly, I would definitely stay here again.

Amazing experience

Sites were nicely spaced and al had water. There were walking sites available also. Shower/ restroom lights were very dim so bring a headlamp or flashlight at night. Also be careful of wasps nest on the rock formations.

Ugly place

desolated

Very bad place

And very bad service. No one helps you there you are on your own.

Words can’t describe

This place contains over 200 miles of trails, suitable for a variety of OHV types, as well as hiking and horseback riding. Be sure to respect the land and its resources during your visit. Otherwise, the LTS will lose what makes it a fantastic place for recreation. There are numerous recreation opportunities available in the over 45,000 acres of the LTS, providing a destination for recreationists in southern Nevada and beyond. Many of the trails accommodate most types of OHVs, although some trails are suitable only for particular types of vehicles: ATVs, specially modified SUVs and Jeeps, or motorcycles. The trails can accommodate a variety of skill levels, with some trails limited to experienced riders. Hiking is also a way to explore the LTS. Picnicking and camping provide relaxing ways to experience the area.

Viva Las Vegas!

Located next to a casino and a short drive to the strip, this KOA has friendly staff and nice facilities. It’s also across the street from a Walmart for anything you forgot.

Dirty place and zero customer service.

Dirty place and zero customer service it seems it’s an abandoned place.

Excellent park

Great place outside the huddle and bustle of Vegas. Adult pool, level concrete sites, full hookups, grill on site and one of the best park stores I have been in. Would have given a 5 except for poor wifi

Gem

This one fills up fairly quickly I went the first week of May 2019 I showed up around 10am and about 7 spot were open I set up a chair and payed for my spot. When I came back in the afternoon all were filled with many late comers making the rounds. The campground setting is neat with beautiful red rocks surrounding you. Bathrooms were clean and showers were available. Great state park with lots of fun hikes.

Nice and safe campground

Full hook up,shower's poll

Loved this Park! It’s a come-back.

Very nice and clean park. The older side arranged in semi circles has larger spaces, but the newer side is really nice. We ha a pull through with full hookups. The staff is very friendly, and on arrival we were escorted to our space. Very nice showers and laundry houses - the showers are individually lockable. My only complaint was that the electrical pedestal was very low making my surge protector lay on the ground, and the night time security lights are way too bright. But yes, we would happily stay again.

Successful camping trip

Nice site. Easy in and out. Close to the water. Store employees and park host nice and friendly. Pet friendly park. July camping is a little extreme. But spend the day by the lake and leave a/c running in trailer and you are good to good.

No vintage Airstreams

Would have loved to stay here but they only take 2000 and above travel trailers. We have a 1967 Airstream. 😢

Nice RV park

Clean and affordable.

Willow Beach experience

Nice cold water, WiFi, clean bathroom, Fishing, rental kayaks, picnic area, and very clean willow Beach.

Great experience! Loved this family owned & operated campground

Fell in love with this campground! Needed a quick stop & safe place to sleep on my way to grand canyon I was so sweetly surprised! Wasn't expecting much, there weren't any reviews. This campground was just taken over… by a kind family who now owns and operates the business with their children… I was greeted by "the boss" little miss scarlett who gave me a tour, fun facts, and cupcakes she had baked. The LOVE creativity and passion the owners have, for this work in progress campground is apparent. Seems like they are working their butts off to provide amazing experiences for their guest… like wild horses and glamping! I rarely write reviews but felt it so important and wanted their hard work to not go unnoticed.  I can't wait to revisit on my next road trip in Arizona!

Awesome Campground

Awesome place to stay! Amazing view of the Grandwash Cliffs! Nothing can compete for star gazing at night! The sky just lights up with a trillion stars at night…HUGE rv spaces big enough for our rig, boat and atvs!  Lake Mead is only 10 minutes away! This campground is perfect for those with the outdoor bug like us. Hiking for miles atv trails everwhere you turn. We had a blast. Owners and staff where helpful and informative. WE WILL BE BACK!