Beatty, NEVADA

Most Recent Beatty Camping Reviews
Great "walk-in" sites

The walk in sites have a lot of sweet camping spots. Great views of the desert and mountains, space between sites (little privacy though), even some scrappy trees for decent shade, and dirt that was very stakable which is necessary for the sometimes high winds. Area is separated from RVs and generators. Walk in is a joke and the walk is close to cars, no problem unpacking. The sites on the outer loops are best, the ones close to drive in sites just have a view of drive in sites. Also, the drive in sites suck. Packed gravel and RV hell.

Sinks for washing are fabulous. Toilets are fine.

Love it

We love to camping but we went very wrong month 😂very very hot there even moon at night still very hot but I still love there 😅😅😅

Clean & quiet

I really love Death Valley very much clean camping ground even that time we was very hot for tent we camping there for one night we love it 🥰

Big skies for stargazing

This is beautiful desert floor campground in a national park with 136 sites & 18 hook-ups, washrooms, water supply & fire pits.

The sites are large enough for big tents but the RV’s are close by so keep that in mind if you are looking for a quiet spot. I found that the sound of the RV’s didn’t bother me too much but I was aware they were there.

The bathrooms and water sources are great! The nearby store is air conditioned and carries ice cream, which is nice in the daytime heat after a beautiful hike through marble canyon or playing on the dunes!

The sky at night is incredible! I’ve been to a lot of places but I have never experienced the Milky Way as incredible as it was in Death Valley! No light pollution really helps!

The ground is hard, so bring a mallet to stake your tent down. We got stuck in a sandstorm at night and ended up hanging out in the tent playing card games till it passed. It was no joke though, we woke up with a layer of sand on us, inside the tent.

The new Death Valley, May, 2019

My husband and I were at Death Valley 8 years ago (2011) staying in Furnace Creek hotel rooms. This year (2019) we returned with our tents as part of a California National Park tent trip and wow were we surprised! The park has had a major renovation with great shopping and options for your stay. With our senior park pass we get into the parks free and camping is 50% off, so our two night stay was a whopping $16.00. We drove up to the newly remodeled inn that has rooms for 350-600$ a night, and while we were there, someone was arriving via helicopter, truly a luxury resort. We learned that the owner of the LA kings hockey team has purchased the resort and has many improvements planned.

We were reminded how far everything is within the park, you may choose to hike a trail and it may be an hour or two drive away, there is gas in the park, but you may a nice price for it! The main gas station in furnace creek had gas for $5.46 per gallon, however gas at the stovepipe wells was only $4.21.

We choose the hike to zabrieski point for sunrise and sunset, the natural bridge (very rough road) and the 8.5 round trip hike to wild rose peak which was very challenging.

This year, Scotty’s castle is closed until 2020 due to flood damage, so we were happy we had seen it on our prior visit.

We camped at furnace creek campground which is one of the few open after Memorial Day and is first come, first serve, no advance reservations. We arrived around noon and most sites were available, however later that night, most were occupied. The campground has many toilets with running water and flush toilets, and there is a dishwashing station by most bathrooms. There are tent sites and full hookup sites. There are trash dumpsters with areas for recycling and empty propane containers. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring.

There is a golf course, swimming pool, horse riding (closes in May), many nice restaurants and a spa.

Here’s the best deal, for 10$ per person you get a pool and shower pass for all day! The pool is awesome, spring fed warm water. The showers have massive pressure with hot water.

Up against the rocks

The scenery at the campground is super cool with big rocks right next to some of the sites. The spots are small, really small, and they're stacked up next to one another. I can imagine during a busy time this would be a loud spot.

Great spot!

Pleasantly surprised by this park. The staff was wonderful & welcoming. We have a big 5th wheel & it accommodated us well as we were just traveling through.

Quiet and Easy to Find

We pulled into this spot right around sunset and were greeted with friendly bats and open rv concrete flat spots. It had a beautiful view of the Funeral Mountains and was just East of DVNP.

No bathrooms or facilities and hardly any shade but perfect for a free spot right outside of the the NP.

Clean, organized

We scheduled for the wrong night by accident. The campground was full but they gave us an auxilary spot that's saved for emergencies. The staff was excellent. Bathroom were clean but had no soap.

Clean, organized

Great stay

I rolled in and they had just happen to have an area that is normally closed, open. I was able to park with my van doors to a wonderful view of the desert landscape. Nice and quiet with lots of friendly campers. The camp hosts were wonderful

Site 56

Stay the last weekend in Oct, and the campground was completely full, so definitely book in advance. As for the campground as a whole, it is in a pretty good location. It's pretty much directly in between the Mesquite Flats Sand Dunes and Bad Water Basin. It's also directly adjacent to the visitor center with a restaurant and gas station near by. As for site 56 in general, it's probably one of the better sites. Site 56 has some of the most shade in the campground, which is hard to come by, and is also close to a water fill station and the restrooms without being so close you get all the traffic. The only complaint would be the size. It's can definitely be cramped if you have more than one tent and vehicle.

Great standard site

This was a great campsite at the lowest point in the continental US. Potable water is available on site, the bathrooms are clean. Obviously this campsite is desert like, there is a bit of shade with some trees, but it’s open for the most part. Showers are offsite at a nearby hotel.

Basic but Wonderful

Free, convenient, and a great view of the rolling mountains; what more can you ask for? We came in late to Death Valley one night in November, crossing our fingers that we would be able to find somewhere to camp without a reservation. Low and behold, right after entering the park we stumbled upon Emigrant! Just to the left of the main road, this campground is a simple gravel lot with about ten unmarked spots around the perimeter. It was pretty full and we took the last open spot. There is a path leading to a bathroom with flush toilets (!!!), a couple of picnic tables, and some dumpsters for trash disposal. If you're coming into the park along highway 190 from the southwest, this is a prime place to set up for the night.

Simply magical

Decided to explore Death Valley since the weather has finally cooled off. Over two days we managed to see: the sand dunes, badwater basin, zabriskie point, ubehehe crater, and artist’s drive.

Ended up sand boarding!!!! It was so much fun!!! Definitely bring your board with you to try it out.

We camped at furnace creek campground, which was conveniently located in the middle of the things we wanted to see. They don’t take any reservations during the summer and charge $22 a night. Definitely worth it. Just make sure to check the weather before you go as it gets REALLY HOT!!!

Trees!

Best campground in Death Valley. It's still crowded and can be noisey during the day, but pretty quiet at night. Great stargazing! We were lucky enough to get a campsite with trees, provides much needed privacy and shade! Great restrooms, fire pit and table at each site. RV spots as well. Dumpsters and store nearby.

Best Campground I have stayed at

We finished our trip to Death Valley here after camping for a while at Furnace Creek. Both were beautiful but this one was especially amazing. We explored for hours each day and kept finding new spots. There was a hill right at our site that you could walk up and see the entire campground which was especially cool at night. There is SO much cool geology that you can see right from the campground and explore. Our campsite had easy access to flush toilets, trash station, and dishwashing sink. Our site was long and narrow, so we could set up our two tents and also have a separate food prep/eating area at another end. It was fairly private except there was one group right across from us. The RVs were mostly in another area.

Amazing campground, spacious, beautiful at night

This is one of the best campgrounds I have stayed at. We stayed at a group site and had easy access to restrooms and a huge outdoor dishwashing sink. There was also a dumpster close to the site. Our site was surrounded by trees/brush so pretty separate from other sites. We had a bunch of picnic tables and plenty of space for our two big tents (could have easily fit a ton more). We slept outside without the tents since the weather was so mild, the breeze at night was beautiful, and it was just a little chilly, so perfect for a fire. The grounds were nice to walk around, and the sky at night was amazing. The camp store down the road had groceries, clothing, firewood, and everything else we needed during our week or so long stay here. Remember gas in death valley is crazy expensive so fuel up before you get in.

Lovely place to camp in winter

We camped in March, and the daytime weather was perfect. just make sure to bring lots of layers for nighttime.

Within walking distance of the camp are some sand dunes that are fun to run down. There’s plenty to check out in the area: hiking trails, a visitor center, nearby locations where Star Wars scenes were filmed, and a past borax mine.

This campground allows dogs as long as you keep them on a leash of 6 ft or less. Just make sure you bring a travel water bowl and paw protection. When the ground is too hot, paws can burn, and dog booties help keep paws safe. Also be careful about the coyotes, which frequent this campground.

A little oasis in the desert

We camped there in April so it was not the hottest time for Death Valley. It is a pretty big campground, but our site was more on the edge under some trees so it was perfect shady spot. Clean and nicely spaced sites. Nice and quiet most of the time. Our site was close to restrooms and a big washing/sink area so it was very noisy in the morning. It may depend on the crowd who were camping at that time as there were big groups of tourists speaking loudly early in the morning. It was a little crowded for my taste, but it was a nice campground in the middle of the desert. Visitor Center, gas station and a general store are nearby so it is convenient location and a great resting camp location after exploring the hot desert. There is so much to see at Death Valley, but make sure to check out cool places like Rhyolite ghost town.

Come Pet The Wild Donkey Nation!!

I thought Oatman, Arizona was the only place I would find wild burros but I was wrong!! I went to Rhyolite and stopped off for a stay in Beatty, only about 5 miles away from the ghost town site and art park. I was excited to have found this location because most everything I looked up only was indicating places to stay that were in excess of 40 minutes from the site. This place is hidden gem in camping world clearly as it has a location which is very unique to something very cool.

But back the burros, they roam wild here, and while I do not know why, they are friendly and were a fun addition to my trip while I settled in for the stay.

At first I thought this place was only for RV campers but when I inquired I was pleased to find out that they accommodated tents as well.

So how did I discover it? Ironically for the market, we were looking for a fresh fruit snack (this place is the only place in town you can find fresh fruits like this we were told) to take with us to Rhyolite and when we went in and happened to tell the people we were looking for a place and they mentioned they did accommodate tents! SCORE ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS!!!

But the winning just kept on winning with this place, they had free coffee, wifi and cable for those who were traveling in RVS. For us tent campers they had nice facilities, hook ups and bbq grills.

I felt like we left the house not knowing where we were going to stay and thinking it might just be easier to make the long drive back to Vegas than to drive 40 minutes out of the way to camp only to discover we had hit the winning lottery ticket with this place.

Sure the name is kinda weird, but you are in the middle of the extraterrestrial obsession area so while we didn't ask we assumed it had something to do with that.

I would give this place more than 5 stars if it was available to do so!! The staff was so helpful and friendly, the grounds were well kept and very nice and the price was better than I was expecting with all that I was getting at only $15.

I think when people are looking for sites they often want all the bells and whistles and for a person in a tent sometimes it is just finding a site that isn't just designed for RVs that makes all the difference!!

TIPS:

• Shop at the store they have everything to make your stay nice.
  • Don't feed the burros they will adopt you and continue to want you to feed them.
  • Check out Rhyolite which will be one of the highlights of your trip in this area ( I have included some photos of that area because it is amazing and completely unexpected amidst the desert)
You always know how hot is at Furnace

What can I say you are in Death Valley where the heat can get so insane you can feel it collapsing your lungs and melting your face but at this campground that can be a lot less of a problem as you are welcomed with the temperature at the visitor's center. Sure it is still hot and miserable most of the time, but what better way to embrace it than to just let it all hang out so you can see it.

I was very interested in this campground just inside of California when I was staying in Nevada over the first part of the year, it had great reviews and looked like a nice campsite. When I arrived I was not disappointed at all it was well kept, offered some shade and had nice even sites for tents or RVs alike.

Unlike my usual desire to have no amenities, I feel like staying in place like this I need a few luxuries just in case. So it was nice to find sites with electrical hook ups and potable water. The electrical hook ups made it nice for having a small fan which didn't rely on batteries which can drain quickly and that made it more than comfortable on the hot evening.

Where my tent was located the short shrubs provided a nice wind break however I did notice in some of the more open spots it can get a little blustery and we noticed several dust devils popping up across the area in the distance, very common for this region.

The campsite does accept reservations however when we were there mid week in late spring it wasn't packed so no reservation was needed.

I did notice that some of the areas were marked with heat warnings which included closure postings during certain times and warnings about temperatures after 10 a.m. I was fortunate in that it wasn't terrible just yet but already it was beginning to get that way despite it being spring. By summer I would not recommend staying here unless you were able to get inside of an RV it would be far to hot for myself in my little tent.

TIPS:

• Keep hydrated when staying here or at any of the Death Valley campgrounds.

• Obey postings of warnings, they are there for a reason!! We were listening to a ranger in the visitor center and he was telling us some statistics and it was enough to make you want to listen to everything you hear them say!!

• Fuel up before getting to 1/4 tank anytime you are entering the Death Valley or Mohave area you never know what will happen and you would rather be safe than sorry in case you are rendered stranded , at least with gas you can rely a bit on your air.

Open, hot campsites with tons of places to explore

You will be a bit off the beaten path at this site, but it will be worth it the second the sun goes down on a clear night. It is one of the darkest spots in the country and the stars will take your breath away. You need to bring your own shade, but every place you want to explore is a short drive away.

Hard Pack Camping with a View

It’s basically camping in a dirt and asphalt parking lot with. I shade. You are close to the general store, so cold beer (at about $10 a six pack) isn’t far away. But, that’s not why you come to Death Valley. You come for the otherworldly experience and Stovepipe Wells is dead center for exploring.

Bonus tip- Head over to Furnace Creek Inn at sunset and enjoy a margarita or glass of wine on the deck. It’s a bucket list experience.

so much to see

Mesquite spring campground is a great location in middle of everything. there is so much to do and see in death valley so it's nice to be centrally located. I highly suggest visiting the dunes and bringing a sled, especially if you have kids with you. Death Valley wasnt the ideal family trip for young kids but we made the most of it by participating in the junior ranger program. you can pick up the packet at the visitor center.

Great location, very quite.

I've stayed at this campground a few times and love it. There are bathrooms close by and pay showers at the hotel within walking distance. Some of there spaces even have good tree cover. It's a great place to stay if you are planning to explore Death Valley. I would definitely stay here again.

TIPS:

You will do lots of driving getting from one trail to the other in Death Valley so get started early

Make sure take lots if water EVERYWHERE

Take advantage of the showers, they cost around $7, bring cash!

Everyone is very friendly here!

Perfect spot

I camped at this campground 3 times in the month of mid/late April and it was absolute perfection. The weather was ideal. The location is in a prime spot to all the hikes and spots we wanted to explore. All the campers were so friendly and sweet. A very enjoyable experience and I can’t wait to go back again next April!

Spacious and great location

I enjoyed this campsite over Mesquite campground in Death valley, the sites were not as close together here and it is close to some bigger hikes as well as, it is still not far from the visitor center or other things you may need.

Hot and crowded

This campground everyone was close together and there was no shade at all. It was a nice large campground so you could explore all around it and it was very close to the visitor center as well as many hikes.

first come first serve

only a couple sItes have shade.. so good luck getting them as thIs Is first come first serve. regardless, i came in spring time and was thankful to get any spot. close enough to furnace creek store and restaurant, should you so desire. I explored the east end of the campground, which pours out into endless hiking possibilities 👌🏼👌🏼