Standard (Tent/RV)
No WiFi
RVs and Trailers
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area - Red Rock Campground is located in Nevada
17 Reviews of Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area - Red Rock Campground
Desert camping

Red rock camping is super neat. We didn’t reserve we just went for it and found the host whom told us to find a spot and so we did and it was great! Being born in raised in Las Vegas it’s a must you know it gets really hot, so make sure you pack a lot of water and lights because it’s dark. Pets are allowed and children too ha ha. Besides that you have a tent pad so there is a nice flat area for you to camp and a fire ring. I recommend reserving and making sure you reserve one with a canopy if not make sure you bring a canopy. The sun is scorching. We hiked up the little mountain which gave us epic views of red rock, all the different reds and oranges make for a photo worthy shot.

A regular haunt for my family

Each time we are in the area we make sure to stop and explore here—and it never gets old! So very many hikes from easy to hard, so many different things to see from the rocks to cave drawings and plenty of plants and desert animals in between. I highly recommend visiting early in the day or later on the afternoon/evening to miss midday scorching sun :)

Camping at Red Rocks is a must. So many trails and the views are amazing.

Silence in the City

Camp hosts were incredibly helpful! Came here, for work, with a group of 12. We arrived well after dark and realized we would need a group site - which was closed. We spoke with the Host and worked things out sweetly and smoothly. Large tent pads, great sheltered tables, clean restroom. Not to mention- very beautiful location, with a lovely sunrise. Campground was quiet, clean, and very spacious.

Beautiful Campground and Scenery

Red Rock Canyon is absolutely stunning. There are vault toilets and some shaded areas but I would still to staying here in any season BUT Summer.

There are individual sites and group sites and all reservations are done through reservations.org.

The sites are rocky and surrounded with shrubs so there isn't much privacy.

No sewage, electrical, or water hookups. But there is water at the visitor center just 2 miles up the road. There is a really cool exhibit about all the processes it took to create such a beautiful landscape that you should check out.

There are ample hiking trails throughout the park. I was here on a weekday and it was still pretty busy so keep in mind that you will not be in solitude. Especially on the scenic road.

Newer, Clean Desert campsites

No thrills but clean and newer sites that are perfect for trekking into Red Rock.

The Place You Need To Live During Fall & Winter

I stayed in Vegas for several months and found this to be one of my homes away from home. Sure I was close but I also wanted to get out of the house and camp where the weather was nice. During fall and winter this place is great, even into early spring (although rain can get you from time to time then). I visited with my friends constantly and hiked many of the trails.

I loved the camping spaces out here because they opened right up into the park itself and you could literally hike from there to an adventure or drive into the main entrance and find something deeper into the park.

While those are the pros, with that also come a few cons. Coyotes are very predominant in this area so you will want to make sure if you travel with pets they are not left unattended and you will also want to make sure you put food away.

Snakes, during fall and winter these are not bad because they are not out and about, but come spring they start to resurface. These aren't your nice little garden snakes either these are the really scary bad ones.

Spiders! yep they have all the scary things out here and they are the spiders which create webs that look more like they are taking over a tree. Again this begins in late spring so that is when my hiking always stopped.

During the right time of year this place is a goldmine of opportunity!!!

barren campground provides access to epic nature (nature part is 5 stars!)

This place gets the most barren campground award. Almost zero vegetation. Periodic headlights and sounds of cars motoring past on the road which is right there (~60 yards away from some sites). Night was frigid and windy (we were there late fall)- we burned through a load of wood trying to be social around the fire and then settled on being social from our sleeping bags. You definitely don't come here for the campground itself, but as a launchpad to get to the stunningly beautiful park. The campground had a faucet to fill up on water, which tasted like a swimming pool but had all the hydrating properties one hopes for in water.

Love this campground!

love this campground!!!! A lot of nice hikes to go on and things to see. Always very clean and quiet and well! Just be careful if it's windy as the dust can kick up pretty bad. But overall it's amazing!

Great escape from the city (a climbing mecca)

Tis place has nice campsites and well maintained bathrooms. The rock walls sweep straight up to the sky and look as if theyve been stroked by a paintbrush. There are also a ton of climbs here both trad and sport, from single pitch to multi! If you want to just plan a day trip escape from the city this is well within reach