Pets Unknown
About Fletcher View

Fletcher View Campground is set in the beautiful Spring Mountains National Recreation Area, just 24 miles from Las Vegas. Visitors enjoy hiking, horseback riding and scenic driving in this forested desert oasis.

Recreation

There is paved nature trail.

Facilities

This recently updated campground is open year-round and contains several single and double-family sites, all of which have electric hookups, tables, campfire rings and grills. Drinking water is provided. Roads and parking spurs are paved.

Due to this campground being located in a flood plain, reservations are not available during the monsoon season (mid-July to mid-Sept.). During this time, overnight stays are available only as weather permits. High chances of rain in the forecast equal no overnight stays.

Natural Features

The Spring Mountains National Recreation Area is a beautiful island in the desert, brimming with breathtaking scenery and diverse flora and fauna. The Bristlecone pine, the world's oldest organism, and the rare Mount Charleston blue butterfly are both found within the Spring Mountains.

More than 100 springs create the namesake for the mountain range. It's the perfect place to escape the heat of the city.

The campground is set in an open forest of ponderosa pine, mountain mahogany and Gambel oak, paralleling a seasonal stream and the highway. Most sites have views of the surrounding towering canyon walls.

Nearby Attractions

More than 60 miles of hiking and horseback riding trails crisscross the area; two trails allow mountain biking. Rock climbing, picnicking and scenic driving are popular activities.

ADA Access: N

Sites
Price
$33.00 - $58.00
National Forest
Fletcher View is located in Nevada
Directions
From Las Vegas, Nevada, travel north on Highway 95 to the junction with Highway 157/Kyle Canyon. Turn left and travel approximately 18 miles; campground is on the left side of the highway.
7 Reviews of Fletcher View
Scenic, next to trails

We stayed in #7, out of 11. Nice, clean flush toilets. Power only. You cannot beat this for a staycation out of Vegas. 110 in town, 83 during the days here. Near road but barely noticed the traffic. It is next to the flat, interpretive trail Acastus Trail that lead to the Visitor Center and across from the Fletcher View trail. This spot had a raised picnic area with bbq and fire pit and place for a tent too. We loved it.

Small But Cozy

Being close to your neighbors can have its positives and negatives, lucky for us it was all upside when we stopped here to check it out in regard to neighbors. Everyone was friendly and just trying to explore the mountain and the many trails.

We first saw this spot when it was snowy and we clearly could not camp there. We returned when it warmed up before what was considered "monsoon season". It was a small campground with only 11 or 12 spots but it had electrical connections so it was very popular. We lucked into getting a spot without reservation.

To be honest we didn't spend much time at the campsite because there is so much to do on the mountain itself but it was nice to see that the campers who were there were enjoying their family time and all the amazing amenities which include bbq grills and picnic tables even fire rings.

It seemed a bit noisy in the morning with the road so close to the campsite we were in however at night there was far less movement on the road and it was perfect.

There was trail right outside of the campground we enjoyed checking out and parking up the mountain further for other trails which we had somewhat explored on other trips. Our favorite being an attempt at Mary Jane Falls to which we got lost but had a lot of fun trying to find in the snow!!

The bathrooms at the facility were just as impressive at the individual campsites which quickly let me know why it was such a popular place to stay. There is a lot of attention to detail for family campers at this campground in comparison to other campground in the area, well worth the $33 a night.

Fletcher Fun

Last summer (2017) we were able to reserve the big spot at the top of the loop so that we would have plenty of room for our friends and family that came up for day visits to picnic and play. it worked out very well and we were happy with the cleanliness and big pine trees which gave us lots is shade. We did use our pop up over the picnic tables.

Ranger Review: CRKT Moxie at Fletcher View Campground, NV

Campground Review:

When I was planning my road trip for Summer 2017 I only choose this campsite because of location. I need a campsite near Las Vegas and Red Rock Canyon and that was it.

After getting to the site I couldn't have been happier with my random site pick. First off, its in the mountains so your altitude is almost 4000 ft more than in Las Vegas so you drive out of that desert heat. When I turned off the highway about 15 miles from the site it was close to 110 degrees and when when we got to our site it was down to 85.

With mountains in every direction, the summits of which still had snow, its hard to beat the views when waking up. Unfortunately, we were only able to stay one night, but there is no doubt that we will come back here when camping in the future.

There isn't water hook-ups but you do have electrical (20 and 30 amp), flush toilets, and showers. With only 11 sites it isn't overly crowded, but can be hard to get a site. The grounds are right on the road, but we didn't have much problem with the noise at all when trying to go to bed.

For a video review of this site CLICK HERE

Product Review:

As a Ranger for TheDyrt, I occasionally get products to test, and on this trip I was able to test the Moxie knife from CRKT. The past few camping seasons have been a little annoying without a reliable knife, and I always forget that I need one until I need it.

So, I knew that a new one was what I needed. I have loved the dependability that I've had with the Moxie. Whether it's sharpening a stick for marshmallows, cutting up food, or shaving down wood to help start a fire, I have not found an odd job that I couldn't get done with this knife.

My favorite feature is the safe release. I don't have to worry about accidentally opening up the knife, or even my son opening it up when he's not supposed to.

For a longer video review CLICK HERE

Camping in the GO: Day 8

During our road trip around the US, I was able to try out the GO camper from SylvanSport. At the past few sites we've stayed at, the GO has been the talk of the camp. Lately, when people ask what I like about it, I go straight to the colored coded tent poles. I've never had to question where the poles go in the GO all because SylvanSport had to foresight to eliminate a common headache by letting you know exactly where the poles go!

VERY close to the road

Smaller campground, with only 11 sites, and it's the only campground in Kyle Canyon/Lee Canyon with plug-in electrical service. The host is very friendly, but the road noise was so bothersome we had to wear earplugs to enjoy our good books under the trees. Other than that, it was bliss :-)

Fletcher View

Absolutely beautiful area! Clean facilities. Can get busy on weekends!

Busy in the summer but beautiful

Close to the synonymous and beautiful Fletcher Canyon trail (I walked along the road to hike it rather than drive). Definitely the best bathrooms I've seen on Mt. Charleston.

Unfortunately always crowded when I've been up there in the summer. Other than that a beautiful and accessible campground.