No Fires
KoA
No Fires
Las Vegas KOA at Sam's Town is located in Nevada
9 Reviews of Las Vegas KOA at Sam's Town
Its Vegas what else can you expect?

Koa Sams Town Las Vegas is a clean tidy place to park your R.V or Travel Trailer. They have very clean restrooms a d showers. Also cheap to stay here only its not much like camping here. Only it is in a much better part of Vegas than down off the strip or down town and Sams town casino is w/ in walking distance. So it beats staying off the strip or near Fremont St. Experience , because alot less traffic to fight thru. Koa is on Boulder Highway and Nellis blvd. Not far from the I-15  freeway.

Nice stay

I was here on a business at the casino next door Staff was friendly especially mike. Campground was very clean except the cigarette butts around my space 210. This was my second time staying here and I wasn’t disappointed. Great stay

Too many things to do in one trip!

This RV park has everything! The spaces are large and mostly pull-through. There is lots of shade, which is very important in Las Vegas. There are two nice swimming pools with hot tubs, a bowling alley, a casino (which by the way is much friendlier than down on the strip and cleaner too). There is a dog park and an 18 screen movie theater (first rate movies for $5). There is a TGIFridays and several other good restaurants in the casino. The shuttle bus is large, air conditioned and comfortable and you don't have to worry about parking and paying the high fees to do so.

On a side note, we went without our RV last year and stayed in the casino hotel. We had a beautiful room and paid well under $100. a night (in fact less than $50. a night).

We have not stayed in a nicer campground anywhere!

Las Vegas KOA at Sam's Town (at Boulder Hwy)

For a casino campground, you can't beat this one. It's greatest attraction is that you are within walking distance of Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, which is a great local place with movie theaters, large selection of dining options (sit down restaurants & fast food), gorgeous 10-story indoor atrium with the Mystic Falls Laser Light Show, and of course gaming. As for the KOA, there's a pool, showers, laundry facility, full hook-ups, propane refills, Wi-Fi, cable, clubhouse, general store, pet park with bench & shade, and a Wal-mart right across the street (with a fairly large RV supply section).

It should be noted that Sam's Town KOA has 2 locations:  5225 Boulder Highway (which is discussed in this review).  And… 4040 S. Nellis Blvd (which is very much inferior).  Beware of your location when booking reservations!!

NO TENTS

I love a good KOA and this one was unfortunately a let down for me when I was in Vegas. It is basically a Casino parking lot with a few upgrades. Unfortunately because of its location there is no shade and no green space for tents.

I wanted to check it out and when I did it was a little frustrating.

They do offer a pool and hot tub as well as a shuttle and bark park but there was not attention to detail for the tent camper at all. Even worse was that when I had attempted to contact the facility I was not told that there was no tent camping so when I drove all the way across town I had to find out the hard way.

Now I will not give this site a 1 because it is a nice place for those in an RV and does have some upgrades, though again it basically looks like a casino parking lot. However I was more than a little disappointed.

Adequate for a nights rest

Stayed here overnight when we needed to get the brakes done on the rig. A clean, decent place with clean, decent amenities. Nothing for the nature enthusiast as the camp is on Boulder Highway (a heavily trafficked and noisy boulder hwy). A lot of full time residents in this park and some real friendly folks. You can easily walk to sams town or cannery. ST has movies, bowling, eats, etc. The camp itself has a pool and hot tub and easily accessed showrs and toilets. Unless you have specific need like we did you might want to visit a different camp.

Near Walmart

I love that it’s near Walmart so we were able to restock our supplies.

Never again

Was long term for work. They are not very kid friendly. They let them there but at a price and complained about everything they did. If they walked in the gravel they were in someone's way. If they were in the pool they were told to not be loud. It is in an unsavory part of town. No protection in the camp ground. Bikes turned up missing scooters ended up stolen campers had their windows busted out down from us.

KOA

Everything you would expect from KOA but right down the road from the Strip!