Sarcoxie , MISSOURI

Most Recent Sarcoxie Camping Reviews
Nice creek and fall colors!

My first experience in an RV park and it wasn’t a bad one. Pulled into a tent site with my teardrop and stayed for a night. The RV side is exactly how I envisioned and packed pretty tight. Tent spots were fairly well spread out and in the back of the park. Only downfall, which wouldn’t matter in the summer months but the shower was outside and it was a little chilly. Overall my experience was pleasant and if I’m ever in the area, I will not hesitate to stop by again.

Great spot!

This was pretty secluded and I personally didn’t have but a bar of service in a couple spots. The site host was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable of the surrounding areas. The sites are as expected and the shower/bathhouse is heated and very clean. Nice walking trail down to Table Rock Lake, no luck fishing though. Overall my experience was above par and I will be back again!

Great overnight resting place

Clean. Safe. Great for an overnight on our way from Joplin to OK City. $30 for electricity and water. Easy check in and plenty of spots. Also, near the casino if you’re interested. Nothing fancy, but we didn’t need fancy.

We LOVE It Here

Trails, Great fishing and White River access. Nice restrooms with hot showers. Electric only. Easy/Nice dump station on way out. We love site 36. Favorite fir sure!

It was a blast

It was great for kids and adults the trails it had were great for everyone

Second visit, first time camping.

We will be back. Nice flat site with grass! Only 10 sites with water and power, two with 50A. You have to request a fire ring and bring your own wood (PSA: don't transport wood that could carry harmful bugs). Indoor bathrooms and showers available at the main building. Simple, but clean. Staff was so friendly! The whole family loved the self guided tour of Big Brutus. Clean and well maintained camps. Truly a marvel to see up close.

Long term only

Hosts are quite rude

Easy fun hike through the Ozarks

This was my family’s inaugural backpacking adventure so it was short but fun! The hiking trail is roughly six miles from start to finish which was perfect for my 7 and 10 year olds who are growing more accustomed to carrying a pack. There are three primitive camp sites on the back side of the trail near the homestead and one on the water just before the trail turns to climb up the hillside.

I recommend hiking the trail backwards of the guide maps so that you finish with the lake view instead of start with it.

The Spot!

Quiet and clean

Campsites are spread out, lots of privacy. Bathrooms are a short drive back to the general store. There is plenty of firewood around that you can cut. Campsite 1 was where I stayed, right on the river. There were floaters on the river, but not a lot and it was still peaceful. Great fishing. Nice fire pits and level campsites. I will be returning!