The best BOAT IN camping near
Phillipsburg , MISSOURI

Most Recent Phillipsburg Camping Reviews
Good fishing and great views

Very peaceful campground. It has a peninsula with some nice, shady sites but also another very wooded area on a bluff. The backside of the peninsula has zero shade (sites 26-40). All sites have good picnic tables and fire rings. Sites near the dump station can be very aromatic. No swim beach but you can access the water straight from the rocky shore. A lot of people tie their boats to shore below their campsite. There is a gas station/trading post right outside the entrance. And a tasty little restaurant with all kinds of sandwiches and ice cream treats. Beautiful sunrises and the sun sets over the dam. I really like this campground. Family friendly and everyone seems to have a dog:) but people do a good job of picking up after them.

Hidden Gem

Absolutely hidden gem on the lake available for military (active/retired/DAV). Has full hookups, big rig friendly and has a large array of boats you can rent A little difficult to get to it and fairly far from towns but it’s worth it.

Huge beautiful park. A lot of hiking and biking trails. Boat ramp and store in the park. We saw about 20 deer each day.

Close to everything!

Close to everything and more. This is a City park with full hookups and a creek, but nothing else. We stayed here four nights to tour the county. Great location and convenient to see Route 66 and lots of history, but the park itself offers no amenities.

Tent Camping

Beautiful views from many of the sites. I noticed several of the tent sites do not have level areas for your tent. T01 site does not have close parking unless you are able to park in the handcap parking. It is a quite park in the evening. Camp host is polite and shower house is kept clean. Vault toilet by the boat ramp is sketchy (where tent camping is located). Will stay here again.

Excellent Time!

My son and I purchased two new travel trailers and campsite number two was perfect for getting our campers ready, including sanitizing our water tanks.

Although we did not fish, we thoroughly enjoyed our family hike up around the spring and watching all of the trout being caught.

It was a great family time and I am so blessed to have had this time together with my son, his lovely wife and our 3 year old granddaughter.

Thank you Bennett Springs!

Nice place for partiers

Nice place for party atmosphere

Camping on the hill

This camp ground is located on a hill over looking Stockton Lake. There is a very nice boat launch ramp in the camp ground. Lots of shade! Good place to go when lake level is high.

Simply amazing

This place is spectacular. Make sure you get a water spot right on the lakes edge. We lucked in and were close to the marina which was a short walk…had supplies , beer, firewood ..bathrooms and showers close. A must see park on an RV trip. Super friendly. Amazing

Great family campground

We spent our first weekend at HVO. We stayed in the danceyard camp site with 30 amp electric only and plenty of trees. The newer RV sites have full hookups but no shade. Quiet hours run 10pm-7am which was nice for my young daughters. HVO does allow golf carts so you have to watch out for those zooming around. The camp store is amazing. They have a full menu including pizza for those days that you’re too tired to cook. The gravel bar was nice and close to our site. However the gravel bar isn’t huge so make sure to show up early to get a prime spot. Not a necessity for me but I did have full LTE on Verizon.

My family and I will definitely return in the future.