The best GROUP camping near
Keytesville , MISSOURI

Most Recent Keytesville Camping Reviews
Nice place to stay the night

We got to Arrow Rock just as the sun was setting. A beautiful sunset and a clean campground. Campground hosts were very nice. Bathrooms are large and clean and the showers were very good. We didn’t get to spend much time here as we were just stopping through on our drive heading West, but I definitely recommend!

For $13 a night it works

Entrance to the park is not far off the road, but its 2 miles into the campground as you pass the swimming hole and rentals. We stayed 2 nights on a basic (no hook-ups) unlevel site with our 40' ft diesel. Now I say unlevel, if you dont have leveling Jack's and some boards you might be tipsy. We were able to get level, but to be fair for this review who may not have jacks, come prepared. We had 3 sites all were very unlevel. Our sites were private, primitive, and beautiful. We enjoyed our stay. The camp host was friendly and even delivered wood. Unfortunately the wood was went. Not his fault. If you have any atv, dirt bikes, this is the place to come. Trails all over. We were not bothered by anyone or the sounds, of course you could hear them but at dusk everyone had to be off the trails. Would return to this state park, maybe next time with an ATV.

Dirt Bike Four Wheel Haven

Well what can I say. I had high hopes for this one. Only offers basic and electric sites in small camping are. One shower house that was ok. Very loud and not a family place to camp. Great dirt bike trails and sever lakes. You can kayak and fish. I wouldn’t recommend swimming even at the designated beach. Had one lake with kayak/canoe rentals. Could be fun for day use. Would be great for riding! All in all not a place I would camp.

Quiet and serene

Fantastic place and beautiful sunsets. The campground Hosts were fantastic!

Beautiful Stargazing views

Photos don’t capture the true essence!

Pretty “rustic”

The showers and bathrooms needed a good cleaning. There were also many barking dogs. On a good note the neighbors (cemetery) were quiet.

Decent Activities, OK Camping

The campground was average, as were the amenities- but the activities offered were enjoyable (kayak rentals, walking trails- these were shared with dirt bikes, horses, etc.) The lake water was fine for kayaking but we definitely did not want to swim in it. The Park Ranger was unfriendly, and we read reviews of similar experiences written in the campground office guestbook when renting the kayaks.

Not likely to return.

All sorts of activities

I have two dogs. They are friendly, but get rather rambunctious when they see other dogs. I prefer sites that I can keep them tucked away.

On the electric sites - sites 1-10 are in an area with lots of trees and shade, while sites 11-17 are more open, but still have a few trees for shade.

We stayed in the premium electric spot #15. It felt roomy and was close to the bathrooms. If your like me, and prefer a tucked away spot, go for #17 (no immediate neighbors to your left).

The park itself is delightful. There are hiking, biking and water trails. Hiking trail was really nice with a surprise waterfall! Because the majority of campers were out in their ATV’s, we had the hiking trail all to ourselves. The kayak/canoe loop trail is nifty as there is no need to park a car in another location.

Bathrooms were well kept. Shower house was just ok.

Great camping area

Fell into this place on accident and loved it. There is a historic town you can tour for free that is within walking distance from the campsites. Large bath/shower houses and the camp hosts were very helpful. There is a small fishing lake in the camp ground. We lived it so much, we went and bought a couple of bicycles to putter around the area. Clean and quiet. No cell phone service really.

Great Access to the Katy Trail

Camping right alongside the Katy Trail is hard to find. This campground is one of two I know of. Full hookups at most sites and nearly all are tree covered. The sites were very close to each other but unless it's a busy weekend you can spread out easily.