The best GROUP camping near
Hartville , MISSOURI

Most Recent Hartville Camping Reviews
Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Great place with great folks!

I've been coming out here for a couple of years now, and its always a great time. You'll run into the occasional hippy or two, but that just adds to the fun!

Nice area

Nice place to walk in the woods, camping by permit, short drive from Springfield, high traffic

Excellent Time!

My son and I purchased two new travel trailers and campsite number two was perfect for getting our campers ready, including sanitizing our water tanks.

Although we did not fish, we thoroughly enjoyed our family hike up around the spring and watching all of the trout being caught.

It was a great family time and I am so blessed to have had this time together with my son, his lovely wife and our 3 year old granddaughter.

Thank you Bennett Springs!

Great for overnight boondocking.

Busy on summer weekends so get there early. River access but not kid swim friendly. You can walk or drive up the road for beach river access thats safer. Felt safe here. Well maintained. Large sites (trees) big rv friendly with easy loop gravel road. No verizon cel service. No utilities at all. Pack it in and out.

Quiet, easy camping

Nice long weekend in a relatively primitive campsite. Vault toilets were a plus, but no water source that we saw. Access to swimming, fishing, and hiking trails. We were surprised with how many sites were taken up, but there were still quite a few available. Arrive early for a good spot (We stayed in spot 20 which had its own path to the river). Would definitely camp here again.

There isn't much in the 20 miles before you get to the campgrounds, but there is firewood for sale (self-serve) 10-15 minutes before.

Great family campground

We spent our first weekend at HVO. We stayed in the danceyard camp site with 30 amp electric only and plenty of trees. The newer RV sites have full hookups but no shade. Quiet hours run 10pm-7am which was nice for my young daughters. HVO does allow golf carts so you have to watch out for those zooming around. The camp store is amazing. They have a full menu including pizza for those days that you’re too tired to cook. The gravel bar was nice and close to our site. However the gravel bar isn’t huge so make sure to show up early to get a prime spot. Not a necessity for me but I did have full LTE on Verizon.

My family and I will definitely return in the future.

Ozark Forrest

Great place to camp, camp grounds 2,3,4,5 all are shaded with plenty of room between campsites. Campground 1 has sewer,ele,water on concert pads but very little shade. Modern shower houses, plenty of hiking trails, and of course trout fishing

Awesome campground!

Wonderful spot to pitch a tent or park an RV. Convenient to the interstate, yet far enough that it’s free of noise pollution. Ponds are full of bass and brim, a perfect spot to take the family. I wish I had more time to spend there, but I’ll be back!

Pleasantly surprised

We booked a last minute trip here and had a cabin along with a RV site. The cabins were great. Campsites were nice too. There was a large pool kind of hidden in the woods. The owners were great and easy to work with. The Gasconade River is right there, but up too high while we were there.