The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Elmo , MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Elmo Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Elmo Camping Reviews
Just a nice city park

This is a nice city park, but can't really get pass it being in a city. There is a couple ponds you can fish. The restrooms did seem clean. There are a couple different playgrounds and a few history type building, that were closed when we were there. But I just can't get pass the city vibe camping there. It would be a good overnight stay between getting to your destination, and may get you out of a bind.

Nice little lake a stones throw from Viliscia

We been to Viking Lake a few times over the years. And it has been cool to see this place evolve over time. They did drain this lake a few years back. But this little place has a lot to offer for campers. There trails, fishing, and kayaking. There is also a swimming area and beach and clean barhrooms. I have no problem with staying at place anytime.

A true outdoorsmen and fisherman's paradise

This place is a private, and quiet area. You almost get a vibe at first that your somewhere you should be. Than you get a look at that lake and forget about. Charity lake sits in between or in a valley of hills. You see these hills will all this plush green trees around this lake. I can only imagine what this place looks like in the fall with the different color of foilage. There is a dirt road that takes you to the other side of the lake, but not much there. The campsites aren't really but a fire ring. But for primitive campers that all you need. There is out house there, and about it. This place is not for the faint of heart, but there is a lot of beauty in nature. But I will tell you I am already planning a trip to this place with my oldest here.

Great trip!

Nicely maintained. Nice clean no-wake lake. Gets very quiet at 10:30 curfew. Clean showers/bathroom once the night bugs were cleared out.

Back to the basics

Large park over 3,000 acres, plenty of hiking trails to enjoy. I really didn't see any trails suitable for bicycling, if biking around RV sites its very hilly and hard to ride. Forget about wifi, hard to find if you can find it at all and no attena tv, your really out in the middle of nowhere, but its a nice park to get away . Only downside, with 134 RV sites there is only one dump station, just dont get in a hurry leaving if you have to dump your RV.

Trippin’ thru Nebraska

Coming from MO, Nebraska is usually just a one night stop for us (as we head onto bigger and cooler states). We were happy to find this clean RV park near Nebraska City. Big, but quiet. Friendly staff. Homey. Green space. Great dog park.

Could be that hidden gem

This lake is probably about 50 acre lake next to the town Verdon. It is very secluded small campground. It is basic camping at it's finest. The park was empty when we were there on a Sunday other than a man fishing in a little boat. The park appears to be well maintained and clean, and fairly active with wildlife. There was fish jumping out there and cranes were on the lake. Bottom line this park appears to be everything a person would like who is a basic camper. This spring fed lake offers fishing, kayaking, canoe or trolling boats, (you supply), without the crowded campgrounds. It does have resemblance of Memphis Lake in Memphis from about 10 yrs ago.

Just might be my favorite

It has been many years since I went to this park. We use to take my oldest here when he was little. We finally came back, and right off the bat, while entering the park we see 2 eagles soaring above. We drove through the park and wow what a ecological beauty. You get down in the valley by the river you almost forget your in Nebraska. There are also several things to do in this park. First the obvious is all the miles, and miles of trails available, and the fishing. There is also horseback riding, discgolf, a archery range, shooting range. There is also a history museum of the area (which was closed due to covid), a living history area with a blacksmith, broom shop, and soap (which was also closed). There is also a old school house, the old town St Derion cementary, and half breed cementary. Also the stairs to the cave was closed (due to the floods of 2019). Even due to the park not fully open the place is a most see for any camper.

Is it being used?

We passed by here on the way to Indian Cave. Honestly not sure if it's being used other than river access. By the parking lot for the boat ramp there were what appeared to be few primitive spots, and by the bathrooms there were a few hook ups. Really not much more than that.

Looks like a great city park

Let me start out by saying this is an absolute beautiful city park. They have a little fishing lake, disc golf, volleyball courts, a playground, and a dog park. They do offer camping for rvs as well as tents and at a very affordable price. If you are like me and feel kind of funny about camping in the middle of a city. This place may still get you out of a pinch while traveling, and yes they have showers and very clean bathrooms. Don't knock it til you try it.