Derrahs , MISSOURI

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Derrahs Camping Reviews
Constant Returner

I’ve been going to this campground since I was a child, it’s one of my favorite places to camp. A popular place, during the summer it’s always full and kids running around, people walking and running and riding bikes, walking dogs. Great trails too, ranging from half a mile to 3 miles. Nice lakes, kayaking rentals available, and a swimming beach too.

Wait for the improvements

First thing, the new owners have some work pending that I trust will make a huge difference to the traveling campers soon. However, we didn’t get to enjoy those improvements.

The good: The reservation process was friendly and they accommodated our after hours arrival. The electrical connections were great with 50/30/20 amp receptacles. Location was convenient and easy to access.

The not so great: The date was in late December so we expected some winterizing. So the water was off at the site. It was also off at the bath house. No water for bathing, washing hands, toilets or washing dishes. The sewer connection was missing a cap and thus covered by a rock. It took us a while to even find it. The dumpster was overly full and needed dumped. The site seemed to be a storage for various materials, not if they where project related or not.

Safe and Secluded

We camped during Covid so the swimming beach and playgrounds were closed but everything else was great! Nice big lots, everyone has full shade. Each loop has a big bathroom with massive showers. One of our showers even had a handheld nozzle! And each loop has their own dumpster.

This campground is out in the boonies so you'll want to stock up before you pull in. Here's a rundown:

25 min from Walgreens

45 min from Walmart

40 min from laundromat

2 hours from Target and CVS

The trails are wide and there are multiple water access points to get to the shoreline This is a reserve only now so be sure to pick your spot before you show up. I haven't seen an attendant though I did see a couple kids cleaning the bathrooms. There is a paid wifi option that's$20/week but I just used Sprint roaming as a hotspot for my laptop and it was perfect. So try the free route first. The photos for each spot are accurate on recreation.gov=)

Doe Run At Ray Behrens

I absolutely love this core campground. Amazing level concrete campsites! Majority of them are full hookups with paved roads throw out Everyone is friendly and fun! We have always stayed at the little Blue Stem side, but just had to do a review on this side. Absolutely loved it. Great clean shower house. Close by places to Kayak, swim, fish and play. Fish cleaning stations which I had never seen beforeThe best of camping.

Cool little camp spot

We stayed here one night. We had a concrete pad for our RV which was nice and a decent amount of room to roam.

It's a pretty good campground

Our site was a good ways away from the road, and they're pretty generous with their firewood. Their bathrooms are pretty old though. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Great place!!

We camped at campsite 82 in Little Blue Stem. From Wednesday night through Sunday and the weather was fabulous.  Nice clean area. Nice campsite.

I can’t say enough about this beautiful campground on the shores of Mark Twain Lake. Friendly staff made us feel right at home. Three sections Deer run cedar ridge and Little Blue Stem. We stayed at Little Blue Stem. All three have quite a selection off full hookups as well as 50 Amp sites. There was an adequate Shower house in each section. All felt clean and safe. Large sites nestled in well wooded area. Black Jack Marina minutes away has convenient store and rentals. Even serves breakfast on the weekends. Several different area boat ramps as great picnic areas. Play area closed due to Covid.

Great place

Every space has a lot of room. Great place for multiple family units to enjoy the outdoors. Lots of hiking trails

Secluded place

Great place to stay, doesn’t seem to have a lot of hiking trails. They do have nice secluded little spots mostly all electric. Bathhouse is pretty a long walk, but big and really clean. only 20.00 per night. It’s has an archery range and equestrian site.