The best BOAT IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Derrahs Camping Reviews
Constant Returner

I’ve been going to this campground since I was a child, it’s one of my favorite places to camp. A popular place, during the summer it’s always full and kids running around, people walking and running and riding bikes, walking dogs. Great trails too, ranging from half a mile to 3 miles. Nice lakes, kayaking rentals available, and a swimming beach too.

Hidden Gem

Henry Sever is a well kept area! The lake is beautiful, the camp sites are well taken care of, and the trails are mowed down and good. A nice quiet place to relax

Safe and Secluded

We camped during Covid so the swimming beach and playgrounds were closed but everything else was great! Nice big lots, everyone has full shade. Each loop has a big bathroom with massive showers. One of our showers even had a handheld nozzle! And each loop has their own dumpster.

This campground is out in the boonies so you'll want to stock up before you pull in. Here's a rundown:

25 min from Walgreens

45 min from Walmart

40 min from laundromat

2 hours from Target and CVS

The trails are wide and there are multiple water access points to get to the shoreline This is a reserve only now so be sure to pick your spot before you show up. I haven't seen an attendant though I did see a couple kids cleaning the bathrooms. There is a paid wifi option that's$20/week but I just used Sprint roaming as a hotspot for my laptop and it was perfect. So try the free route first. The photos for each spot are accurate on recreation.gov=)

Great Spot!

This campground is well kept and offers both standard-electric and full hook up. The hosts are friendly and helpful. Bathrooms and shower house are cleaned regularly.

Doe Run At Ray Behrens

I absolutely love this core campground. Amazing level concrete campsites! Majority of them are full hookups with paved roads throw out Everyone is friendly and fun! We have always stayed at the little Blue Stem side, but just had to do a review on this side. Absolutely loved it. Great clean shower house. Close by places to Kayak, swim, fish and play. Fish cleaning stations which I had never seen beforeThe best of camping.

Cool little camp spot

We stayed here one night. We had a concrete pad for our RV which was nice and a decent amount of room to roam.

Great place!!

We camped at campsite 82 in Little Blue Stem. From Wednesday night through Sunday and the weather was fabulous.  Nice clean area. Nice campsite.

Might work for some

Time and the city of Warsaw have forgotten this park. Lots of trash overflowing the cans and on the ground. A dyke is being built across the roadway which obscures the river view . This maybe ok if nothing else is available but we opted to move on. No TMobile service or antenna TV service

I can’t say enough about this beautiful campground on the shores of Mark Twain Lake. Friendly staff made us feel right at home. Three sections Deer run cedar ridge and Little Blue Stem. We stayed at Little Blue Stem. All three have quite a selection off full hookups as well as 50 Amp sites. There was an adequate Shower house in each section. All felt clean and safe. Large sites nestled in well wooded area. Black Jack Marina minutes away has convenient store and rentals. Even serves breakfast on the weekends. Several different area boat ramps as great picnic areas. Play area closed due to Covid.

Great place

Every space has a lot of room. Great place for multiple family units to enjoy the outdoors. Lots of hiking trails