Camping in Travellers Rest

263 Reviews of 35 Travellers Rest, Kentucky Campgrounds

Barbara C.
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Perfection

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Very quiet and allowed us to enjoy nature. We loved pool as well!

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Climbing trips

I always choose lago Linda’s for my climbing trips, they provide everything you need with dispersed enough areas that you can feel alone in the woods some nights but close enough to civilization for your basic needs. I also love the option of fishing on site during rest days

Sitefield
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Rustic Forest Campground

Our site was level, but it was hard to tell the sites if the campground staff hadn’t led us to our site. The area around our site was all gravel. Made it a little tricky to see what was a road and what was a site. The bathrooms were clean but a little rustic.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Laurel County side with 9 sites is still open

The sites all sit on the side of the road opposite the river bank. Each site has a small parking area and a well done, leveled gravel path/stairs leading to the picnic and fire ring area as well as the level area for a tent. I was most surprised at how much traffic was on the road, especially…

• old sublimity foot bridge
Maze M.
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Comfy and great for fishing and boating

I stayed here for two night and enjoyed my time. RV spots are a little close to your neighbor but it was quiet and peaceful. This is a great spot if you don't mind not having a network connection or Wi-Fi. Spot comes with an electrical hook-up, water, fire pit, and a picnic table. There are also…

• The owners sell ice, firewood, and rent out cornhole and horseshoes
  • The lake
  • The rv spots
Siterv/tent
P
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Cozy campground with great stream

We loved our weekend stay at Middle Fork campground.  We were at B012 which backed right up to the creek.  We had adequate room between the sites and enjoyed the view of the tree lined creek behind us.   For those with kids (or for adults!) who love creekin', b27, b28, b29 would have easier access…

• site b012
  • Hoedown Island - pool to left
SiteB012
E B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Kentucky Mountains

Great campground for a one night stop. Friendly staff; went the extra mile. Lots of things for kids to do. Lovely area. Had to give 4 stars as the site was impossible to get RV level.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Perfect for our granddaughter

Stopped overnight on a trip north. Would have happily stayed a few days. The pool, miniature golf and bounce pad were a huge hit with our granddaughter. Sites aren’t large but everything is well maintained and the staff is very helpful.

Ben R.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

KOA RENFRO VALLEY

Excellent and well run facility. Staff was very friendly and eager to help. Many activities for all ages.

Dylan K.
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Not Dispersed / Lenient Staff

Awesome place with basketball hoops, playgrounds, lake for fishing, kayaking and even hookups for campers. They have a fully-stocked camp store and even have fun themes such as karaoke night! Not to mention it is right outside of DBBB. An issue I had was it does not have dispersed camping (free),…

SiteP22
Brian R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Not too shabby

This is a decent campground that definitely caters to the SxS and off road crowd. Sites are relatively level and there is a decent amount of space between them. Backing in is quite easy as there is plenty of room to maneuver. The campground is very quiet but I can imagine it is really hopping over…

Kenny P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Koomer Ridge Campground

First come first serve campground. Has a mix of back in sites and walk in sites. Plenty of photo opportunities and hiking trails.

Awesome trip

I love the spectacular rock features  in this area - they’re so beautiful! I enjoy camping ⛺️ here very much.

Beautiful campsite

There’s plenty campsites to pick from.  I like the ones  that have  a stream running through the background,  and the wildlife around you, is just stunning! I definitely would come back! I love hiking boots for this trip. We found some cool caves along our hiking trail.

Great camping trip

I liked the camp site and would love to come back again. People we met were very friendly and we had a great time. Got up early in the morning and watched the sun rise - just beautiful! I also sat very still, while a baby doe came very close to me, and I watched her munching on some grass. Great…