Reidland, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Reidland Camping Reviews
Small sites

We have a 29 foot camper: the sites and roads are snug for it. At site 6 it goes downhill so it is difficult to get your camper level. Water available at dump station but not consumable. The area is very beautiful and quiet. Perfect for those with smaller campers. Electric available at site.

AMAZING Site on the water

Incredible back country campsite, for use with dispersed camping permit. Right on the water, no other people for 2 days! This is a car camping site however you will need a four-wheel drive vehicle to get down the steep gravel road to the dispersed camping area. Highly recommend. No hookups available, primitive tent only.

Amazing Primitive Camping

Doesn’t get much better for dispersed/primitive camping. I stayed just south of boat ramp at a spot just off the road. Clean camping area with a fire pit. The lake is beautiful, clean, and very fish friendly. It was quite and secluded. I can’t wait to go back. The entire land between the lakes area is amazing. I’d bring some wood, everything there seemed permanently damp

Clean and Rustic

The best part of this campground is the beautiful rustic old timey feel. There are updated modern bathhouses dispersed throughout. The camp store is well stocked. There is a very nice boat ramp and several boat parking areas. “T” area is our favorite with full hookups and beautiful pine trees. A premier and amazing mountain bike trail system is accessible directly from campground!! The Canal Loop Trail and North South Trails are well known and revered by area mountain bikers and hikers. No WiFi or internet service. Cell signal in prior years have been spotty. Very family friendly and lots of kids riding bikes and playing everywhere!

Quiet

The sites are nice and level. Quiet in the area. Picnic table and fire ring at every site. Park offers firewood. Pond for fishing so bring your poles. It's catch and release. Manager is very friendly and accommodates you as possible.

First time here!

It's a tight fit and our rig is only 22.5' TT. Our back in site was to the left on a one way road that I had to turn around and go opposite way so we could get in. Had water and electrical hook up but the 30 amp was fried. Luckily it also had 20 amp so power management was key. There was no water when we pulled in luckily I had fill my fresh water before leaving. Water came back on about 1 hour after arriving, water pressure was very low. Grounds are next to the highway so we heard a lot of loud traffic. Staff was friendly, they did come look at my electric hook up but didn't have the parts to repair it. There is a dump station onsite. If I go back I'll pick a different spot in the park that's not difficult to get in. I would stay again though. I was told by staff there are future improvements coming.

Waterfalls, hiking, climbing, and FREE camping

Jackson offers some of the best rock climbing in southern Illinois. There are about 60 climbing areas along the sandstone bluffs and freestanding boulders, with multiple routes. Most of the routes here are sport routes, though there are a number of trad routes.

There are primative campsites on both sides of Glen Street Falls Road near the trailhead. You can drive right up and park next to your campsite. If those campsites are full, there are additional campsites further down the road.

Most campsites have fire rings. There are no picnic tables or campfire grills there. There are also no garbage cans. You must pack out all of your garbage. You also need to bring your own drinking water as there is no fresh water there.

There's a single outhouse at the trailhead that is well maintained and pretty clean.

Fun swimming holes and good hiking

21 campsites with a fire ring/barrel, lantern post and picnic table. A couple of the campsites had damaged fire rings. Most sites should be able to fit medium size trailers, other sites have trees in the way. Vault toilets and a water station. Very quiet, clean and peaceful. Trail system is about 8 miles and has great views. Don’t forget to bring your swimming suit!

Beautiful site!

The staff was unbelievably friendly. The sites are great. It’s close to parks & food. We had cell phone service, which is a plus for us. We’ll definitely be back to explore more.

Beautiful and quiet

Eureka campground is a small, beautiful campground with wonderful waterfront sites! The camp hosts were extremely nice and very accommodating! It is beautifully wooded and filled with wildlife yet conveniently located near stores and restaurants. We were there in late June and the fireflies lit up the woods like twinkling Christmas lights, it was magical!