Camping in Love

165 Reviews of 15 Love, Kentucky Campgrounds

Brandon B.
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Nice getaway

Nice shady relaxing camp ground.

Carolyn K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Peaceful

Despite Hurricane Ida I'm the midst of my stay, camp hosts very nice. Clean and very well maintained grounds

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Best for Mammoth Cave

The campground is cute and less than 15 mins to the Mammoth Cave National Park visitor Center. Nothing fancy, older bathhouse, small pond and large field for kids to explore. Some spots are snug. Owner is great and very helpful!

Melissa H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

First time with our camper

The people here are friendly. It's nice and clean would come back here anytime they have a nice pond and pull it's nice all around

Courtney K.
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

Clean

Bathrooms were clean and convenient. Sites were a bit dirty from previous campers, and there wasn’t much room to park a car- the host told us to just park in another camp site because you could t park at your site without blocking the road.

FeliciaJon H.
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Axtel campground

Nice campground, most spots are great. Bathrooms not so much.

Evan G.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Needs some love

The camp ground itself isn't bad. I don't think it's quite up to the usual KOA standards. Bathrooms were centrally located which was fine unless you're tent camping on the outer edge. The shower curtains were moldy and the bathrooms seemed a little run down, but everything functioned well.

Some…

Marly U.
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Love this place

We loving camping at Barren River! Plenty of playgrounds and trails for our kid. Clean bathhouses if you need them. It can get pretty crowded in the summer months so book early and try to get a spot near the boat ramp if you plan to bring your boat. Beautiful lake and great bluegill and cat…

G
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Singing Hills RV Park - Nice setting

Arrived June 7, 2021, stayed 3 nights. Basic, clean, peaceful setting.. stayed at site 31, and good space on one side between other campers. Nice tree lined areas. Very convenient for Mammoth Cave. Did not use the facilities on this trip. Would come again.

N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Nice trip

I like the pretty lots, that were mostly flat for camping. Siri so beautiful I will come back again and again!

N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Loved this camping area!

I love camping in this area! Mammoth caves is so beautiful every time I camp there I see deer running through my camping site. It’s so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Travis P.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Large sites

Sites are huge. Not level in the least. Need to have long sewer hose because sewer is at back of site - not a problem with rear hookups. Water spigot is dual site - meaning it could be on awning side if you get the wrong site. This site 002 the water is on the backside of camper so no long water…

a
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Very nice lots of trees and pond

Lots of trees and a nice fishing pond. The bathrooms were clean. Very affordable. We checked in late and left early so we didn’t get to see the little store. When I called to make a reservation the lady was very nice and helpful.

Sitenumber 35
C
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

No electric, do dishwashing at the water hydrant was a pain.

Hiking near the visitor center was good although we had trouble finding longer trails. We didn't book far enough in advance to do anything but the self guided cave tour. However the outlaw wild cave tour at nearby Jesse James stables was fantastic.

r
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great place if you are going to the park

My kids and I camp here when we plan to spend time at the park. It’s very convenient. Bathrooms are always clean too.