About Pottawatomie County State Lake #2
No Water Hookups
Contact
Pottawatomie County State Lake #2 is located in Kansas
2 Reviews of Pottawatomie County State Lake #2
Quiet place to tuck away

Driving across Kansas can be long and tedious and I'm often looking for a place to primitive-car-camp on the cheap to get some sleep while crossing the country. This little lake worked perfectly for me. Not a huge detour from I-70 (maybe 20-30 minutes total) - I found the campground completely empty on a Monday night in early September and woke up with a picnic table and a fire pit next to a calm lake with jumping fish and just a few local fisherman visible in various spots. There were no annoying gates or camp managers or $ charges, and that's perfect for my purposes.. Made a cup of coffee by the lake and got back on the road. I didn't see bathroom/shower/electrical or any other "advanced" services so this is more for those of us who just need a peaceful place to tent camp.

Tucked Away Local Favorite

Dirt road access. Locals enjoy this space year round for shore fishing and hammocking. Lots of shade. Some washout this summer. Pretty rough access road. Gravel + washout + steep hill down to lake level. Great for kayaking. Couple geocaches as well. I live near by and have gone every month of the year.