The best BOAT IN camping near
Yellowbanks , INDIANA

Most Recent Yellowbanks Camping Reviews
Nice campgrounds

Have stayed at this park twice and will go back again! Lots of sites with shade and sun. Well kept-up bath/shower facilities. QUIET!

Quiet naturalist preserve

Nine lakes, seven connected by water ways. Many trails with ratings from easy to  rugged, distances of 1 mile to  4 miles and many of them cross to  make your hike longer.  Many campsites with some space between, but if the park was full, would be crowded.  Very friendly rangers and well kept park.

Good place

The owner it's really helpful and do his best for keep the campground clean, laundry, bathhouse, playground and is a beautiful place for walks many lakes around. Open year around really peaceful.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Owner is not customer orientated. Cannot keep a staff or lifeguards more than 1 season. Lost 14+ seasonal rentals just last year because of POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! We were one of them. Had been there 8 years and every year it keeps getting worse. LOOK OUT FOR BEDBUGS IN THE CABINS!! They won't tell you they had them so make sure you look carefully!! Don't expect any assistance if you need help or have a complaint. Security at night is terrible. People park outside the gate and come in stealing golf carts and everything else. Owners son took golf carts one year and parked them in the woods across the street. IF YOU CAMP THERE DONT SAY YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WARNED!!!

Great outside of Covid

We had a really great time. Good cell coverage. Lots of security, playgrounds, well kept trails, a beach, general store. This place is MASSIVE. You will need to pay a one time entry fee 9 for out of state, 7 for in state. After you check into the campsite you will have a pass. We got a space with direct access to a huge playground, but it was closed for Covid. Major bummer. There are LOTS and LOTS of playgrounds so we had a lot of temper tantrums from my normally very well behaved toddler. He goes days and days without fussing but seeing playgrounds he can't use is too much, lol The swimming area is great for kids. They have lots of stuff for sale. I posted pictures so you can budget. Overall this place was perfect, the only downside is the temporary closures. A Walmart Supercenter is 30 minutes away. The general store really has anything(including tents) that you might need but it's overpriced as you would expect. We were able to stay on property all 5 days! Extra bonus! We were here on Memorial Day and we saw 0 people on a morning hike.

Nice sites

Owners are friendly and do a good job keeping the camp nice

Family Friendly with Space

Solid campground with space between the sights. Great for families, has a general store with essentials, and lots of activities. A little pricy.

Great Small Park

We stayed here a few days while we were seeing the Creation Museum and the Ark Experience. By far the best deal we have seen yet. Wi-Fi was good and free, good cell signal, free breakfast, level and clean sites. Bathrooms and laundry were well maintained and clean. Can’t beat the price!

Enjoyable Experience

Campground has improved over the years. Trees planted are providing better shade lots.

About what you’d expect

Only stopped here for the night to catch a rest so cannot speak to the trails or lakes. The place was nice enough at first glance that I’ll be back to check all those things out if I’m ever around these parts again. Would I make a many-hours-out-of-my-way detour for this place? Maybe… if the online booking looked like the park campground wouldn’t be terribly booked, because the sites are pretty jammed in there and close together, so you’d want to be there when it is less busy.

There were very cute friendly cats that came out at night to comb my site to see if there were any foodstuffs to be had. I prefer them over rodents, but missed the overly-friendly raccoons I’m used to :)