Salem , INDIANA

Most Recent Salem Camping Reviews
Seems better later in the season--Memorial Day to Independence Day lots of noise & trash.

Water available here and there throughout campground, but turned off across fron site 12 and at the boat ramp. Not sure if dumping is currently allowed. Bring your own toilet paper and firewood. There is a private driveway about 1 mile east on 224 that sells wood for $3.00 an armload. 1 mile hiking loop at the end of the primitive sites. No swimming allowed on the reservoir, but plenty of space to launch your boat or kayak. No camp host. Sites affordable, and most will accommodate a 20 foot RV, with several large enough for the largest class A. Watch out for poison ivy, oak and sumac in wooded areas. Lots of playground equipment and paved areas for bikes. 3 garbage dumpsters along campground drive.

Great Campground

With this being my first time camping, I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed my stay! I had spot 66 (non-electric standard) and I just had my tent and my car and I would definitely pick that spot again! It was absolutely stunning over looking the water with the trees turning colors. I went the first weekend in October so they had a lot of families there because they had all sorts of Halloween activities going on, so it wasn’t very quiet, but I still enjoyed myself. Got in on a Thursday and it was decently quiet that day. They have some play areas for kids, a few hiking trails and a wetlands, but most people were fishing and kayaking. There is a store, but I didn’t go in. Tons of spots to camp, from very secluded to right in the middle of the action. Very family friendly place. I think some small rules were broken here and there by some of the families, but it was just little things, so no harm no foul. Overall a great campground!

I like it so far

Just joined.  Trying to find any city park or visitor centers permitting camping.  I know they are out there but not well known.  Easy to use.  Love the fact I can use it if offline.  I'll review in a few weeks when I actually need it.

Very nice very clean

I have stayed her 20 plus times and I always leave happy. Nice staff. Clean bathhouse. And lots of fun activities.

A very well kept campground with lots of fun things to do, like hiking fishing and corn hole. I would camp here again in the future.

Very nice very clean

Great place

Super quiet, good fishing

Amazing and quiet location

A hidden gem , super quiet , low traffic and decent fishing

Nice campgrounds for the money

During the weekends it gets packed. Only 60 sites so show up early if you want one. No reservations so first come gets it. No bathhouse just pit toilets. During the week it’s great. Hardly anyone here and so peaceful. Some campers need to be a little more respectful about cleaning up after themselves. But overall a nice little place

LOVE but.....

We love camping out here. It’s our favorite place to be in Huntington. It’s super cheap, the sites are well taken care of, plenty of play spots for kids, electric and primitive, the sites come with picnic tables and fire rings with cooktops, some of the spots are out in the open and others are inset back into the trees. Some spots have wonderful views of the lake too! Our only issue is that because there is no one constantly there like a normal campsite, there are people who take the best view spots are stay for weeks on end knowing you can only stay, I think 14days, before moving to a new spot. Went there this past weekend and the people across from us were also BLARING music so loud you could feel the bass in your chest. We kindly asked if they could lower it, not turn it off, just lower it and the man was so kind and did it, however the woman threw a fit and turned the music back up. We ended up moving sites even tho we paid for that specific one and already were set up. There is no number to call so you just have to deal. But it’s totally worth it for the price and the sites. People just need to learn camping rules and take other people into consideration. 🤷🏼‍♀️