The best WALK IN camping near
Wild Meadow , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Wild Meadow Camping Reviews
Comfortable and laid back

We stopped here for one night as a stop for our trip home to NY from SC. We checked in around 7 pm and they walked us to our site AND helped us back in! This was our first trip with this camper and it was such a help after a day of driving in the rain. The site (19) was roomy and level. The owners were friendly. The playground was great for our daughters to burn off some energy. We would stay here again, especially for a weekend to see the area. We also had full hookups which was great.

Quiet, huge site

Beautiful area, only a few sites. The creek joins the New River here, you can hear the water from the sites.

New River Junction Campground

Several RV sites located right on Beautiful New River. Tent camping also available. Bring your fishing pole for some great catch and release fishing, or rent a inner tub or canoe and float down River to a shuttle bus that brings you back to the campgrounds. One of my all time favorite places to camp and fish.

Huge campground

4 separate areas including a waterfront area. Centrally located small pool, food vendor and mini golf. Bring a boat! Full marina as well. Great beach area and boat mooring everywhere. Long trails are fantastic

Annual Family Trip

We camp here annually with my wife’s side of the family (it’s half way between us and them). We love it. We like getting the sites which are right next to the creek because the kids will play in the water all day.

In the shoulder season the campground isn’t staffed often, but what do you expect when it’s not busy?

There are plenty of things to do near by, especially hiking.

Never stayed. Only ran

The area and cabins looked very cozy and welcoming; however, I didn’t stay in one. We hiked and ran in the trail system on site. Beautiful vistas and great opportunities for many activities.

Car camping

My pup and I car camped here last December and it was wonderful. Limited to no AT&T cell service; however, the park rangers drove through the area about twice a night so I always felt safe and knew I could use their phones if needed.

OK For Just an Overnighter

We were here in mid Sept and in site 15. It was a very small site with a half deck. If we had camper with slide, we would not have been able to use our slide in this site. The private shower rooms are nice and clean. The roads are rough dirt and gravel and not conducive to bike riding. They do trash pickup and deliver firewood. Chickens run free thru the campground.

Wish we had stayed longer

We stopped in one night on our way back to Pennsylvania. We had a lovely stay and the hosts were so hospitable. We purchased firewood and they walked it to our campsite. Our site was plenty large and the concrete pad was perfectly level. It was our last night of the season so we spent a lot of time in the morning cleaning out our gray and black tanks. We are pretty COVID cautious given some health conditions and this campground was very comfortable. I’d love to go back and see more of the areas.