Campground
Shannon G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2020

2019 Thanksgiving Visit

A review I forgot to post! We usually camp at Hocking Hills State Park each Thanksgiving and 2019 was no exception. We had site #80 which is the electric site on the end of the old camper cabins. It has more green space (when it's not muddy) and is close to the bathrooms. It is also across from the three new camper cabins. Besides being a wet and cold Thanksgiving, the park is still a great place to visit. The restrooms have flush toilets and showers. It's a good size, but can get pretty messy during their busy season. They also have a washer and dryer (one of each). The campground is big enough to walk and if you want to venture into the trails you can go past the swimming pool and towards group camp. When you get down the hill you arrive at Rose Lake and take the trail from there. Now with COVID-19 they are routing the trail system to be one way (I think). The campground is currently closed, but was scheduled to open in July. The best time to go in my opinion is in the fall in the middle of the week... you miss the crowds and get to see the changing leaves.

• You can see the old camper cabin to the left of our truck. We set up camp to the right of our camper.
  • Good cup of coffee in the morning!