The best BOAT IN camping near
Shoeheel , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Shoeheel Camping Reviews
No issues with cold weather camping

Chilled out in Rolling View for a cold weekend in our vintage UHaul. Only A loop was open in Feb, and someone was squatting in the site we reserved online. Fortunately another site nearby was open, but the ranger decided to have a discussion with the squatters who had actually overstayed by a couple days. Guess things are a little more laid back in the winter.

The bathhouse was warm and comfortable. Clean. Pads are flat, graveled, with a table, fire ring with grate, and lantern stand. Plenty of water pressure.

The view is truly rolling. Nice hills leading down to the lake shore. Our dog enjoyed all the different animal smells she came across.

All in all no issues, and the second time I have camped here.

Very nice!

Site was level and well maintained. Back the trailer in and hook ups were ready and available. Beautiful area with really nice views of the lake.

Good Park, Large Sites

We enjoyed our mid-July trip here. There are so many loops and roads within this park, we had a blast on our bikes. We were in site G41 and loved the private feel of the site. We had trees and shrubs on 3 sides. This is a huge campground. The only downside is that they literally lock you in at night. You cannot attend an event or concert that runs late….because YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT….LOL.

I guess I didn’t take any photos of this trip…not sure why.

Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Phenomenal experience

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Quiet, small lakeside campground

Stayed one night in site 002. which had hookups (water/ electric) but no lake view. Beautiful small campground, very quiet. Lakeside campsites didn't have electric but were beautiful, would be worth trying to book. I like lots of privacy, site 2 had a lot of privacy, site 1 probably had the most of any I saw. Very nice check-in person at the gate, very helpful.

Okay but BUSY

We hadn't been camping since december of 19. Then came covid. We finally felt good enough to venture out and regain our hiking legs. We decided on falls because the trails are easy and it seemed like it would be a very chill place on the water. The boats start at 630 in the morning and go ALL night. People were partying until 330 am across the water at another loop, the camp host is located in that loop!!! I would say its a great spot if you like summer water sports. I'm guessing it gets much quieter in the fall/winter. The actual sites are spaced well with plenty of tree coverage. Our spot was on the outer rim with a path right down to the water to swim! Not the peaceful relaxing trip we had hoped for but it served its purpose of getting our unused gear out and making sure everything was in good order.