Rehobeth , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rehobeth Camping Reviews
Worth the hike!

Get ready. You are about to hike up a LOT of sleep stairs. The sites are really well laid out. Site 3&4 are my favorites because they are close to water access (bring a good filter). Plenty of trees to choose from for a hammock setup.

Awesome campground run by the NICEST family

I have brought family here, planned a girls trip here, planned just nice getaways here.. etc. And I'll keep on coming back because this camping spot is incredible for the cabin or the rv camping experience. The sites are well spaced. The grounds are well planned. Everyone is so nice. It is just awesome out here.

Canoe In Camping!

We decided to do some cold weather camping so we made our reservation in December, packed up our bags and a canoe and went off to Lake James. It. Was. Awesome. For one, we were the only people at the "boat only access" sites. Secondly, the bathroom was super clean and the sites were awesome. Then.. last but not least a baby raccoon was hanging out nearby that we got to watch from a lil distance, and baby raccoons are adorable.

I'd definitely go back!

Good Times at the Gorge!

These are pretty decent sites. You just pull off the road, set up and enjoy the camping experience.
We hiked down to the gorge and also enjoyed the dispersed camping available right along the riverside, which was pretty cool but… that hike back up is a DOOZY especially with a pack on. I would recommend it. The payoff of the views is highly worth any trail difficulties.
This was a really clean, well respected area. I liked to see that most other campers were clearly doing their part to Leave no Trace.

Clean, safe, fun!

Super nice owners, we had a tent camp party of 10 and really enjoyed the time there. Ice and firewood are available onsite, as well as some general store goods like sunscreen, t-shirts, etc. The bathroom/shower facilities were excellent. The sites are clean and clear.

Super close to the gorge as well, easy drive access. Also highly recommend the only diner there "down the street" (a stone building, iirc)  at the crossroads - excellent burger and fries for takeout if you're in the mood.

One note - this is indeed a "family" campground, so taking our college-aged group there with a 10pm curfew was a bit rocky but it worked out fine.

Pleasantly Surprised

We stayed here for a weekend in March 2021 and were surprised at how much we liked it. There are lots of trails close to the campground with one around a lake and a stream off of it. Facilities were very well maintained. Only downside not all lots level and some stumps that were hard to manuver around to park and to leave spot.

Spacious with Amenities

My husband and I car camped at Paddy Creek in Lake James State Park and were surprised to find such great amenities. The bathrooms were clean and convenient from all the sites. There was water available at our site and neat trails down to the lake.

Picturesque and spacious

My husband and I spent Thankgiving at one of the Table Rock backcountry sites and couldn't have loved it more. Our site at picturesque views of the mountains and a convenient fire ring.

Highly recommend

We stayed at P33 in Paddy’s Creek. Site was super clean and short walk to the bathhouse that was pristine. Water pumps/faucets are at every other site so you don’t have to go far. The camp hosts were super friendly and informative on trails as well as assisting with fishing spots. They routinely monitored all the campsites for any issues and brought bundles of wood that were cheap to purchase and burned wonderfully.

Overall a Good Experience

Took the new pop-up to Kings Mountain State Park this past weekend and had a great time. The sites are pretty close together, but we still had adequate room to spread out. Each site has water, 30 amp electric, a picnic table, and a fire pit ring. Our site was a pull-through, but the majority of them are back-in. Throughout the campground, AT&T had great cell coverage, but Verizon was non-existent. Our site was a stone's throw from the bath/shower house, which was clean and recently updated. When not in the side, a short walk takes you to the Trading Post, a small store selling firewood ($7), ice, souvenirs, and sundries. Next to that is a large playground connected to a pavilion. A short 2 minute drive (or longer hike if you are feeling ambitious) takes you to the Kings Mountain Military Museum where you can learn of all things historical to Kings Mountain. There's a small model village and numerous other attractions to view while at the park as well. Overall this was a great experience. It's close to home for us, and the price was fantastic ($30 nightly). Let me know if you have any other questions!