The best WALK IN camping near
Butler Crossroads , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Butler Crossroads Camping Reviews
Something for everyone

Met some friends here for the weekend. Had such a great time. We did the beach, peddle boats, pools and all. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We chose shaded spots and even tho this place is huge, there is plenty of room on the sites. Dogs enjoyed their long walks as well.

Crowded

Camper van Site 34, Outer loop. Water only
Bathroom clean, but Grade C.
Great walking trails. Just too crowded with sites, especially the inner loop, on top of each other. Lots of kids on bikes. The roads in were no problem.

Great location

We decided to rent a permanent spot but aren't putting a deck on or anything like others as we plan to pull the camper out from time to time to travel. Yes, there are some rundown campers and lots of permanent residence but overall it's a great little place. There are plenty of spots for visitors and all are welcome! Has it's own beach access and pier, great playground at thr Beach for the kids and swings on the beach which is awesome!

Wish we could have stayed more! @vantrailsbeer

Spent 2 nights here in our sprinter van with our pup in February. Nice, quiet and friendly campground. Loved all the trails within walking distance & the trail access to the beach. It was cold for February but no snow:) Used the bathroom & shower and they were very clean. Even saw dolphins from the beach! @vantrailsbeer

Family friendly with beach

We spent three nights in myrtle beach state park with full hook up. The Campground is big and maximized for renters and RVs. Space between sites is a bit tight but there is plenty of trees and coverage that provides good privacy between sites. The beach was very nice, a lot of people at the beach but plenty of space for everyone to enjoy. It’s super family friendly and the kids had a great time!

Beach and nice hiking trail

We stayed here for 3 nights. Our site, 19, backed to picnic shelter so avoid it. One large group had a party in there one night and pick up trucks were literally in our fire ring area. But there are great hiking trails from the campground that go near tidal ponds and good birding. We were here in mid March. Well spaced sites. Lots of noisy dogs. I might add but that seems the case everywhere now. Not sure why dog owners feel entitled to have barking dogs all day but that is why I bring ear plugs. Beach access is great, can walk for a mile or two with no condos!

Easy Retreat

Loved this campground. Easy to drive to and navigate and each campsite has their own path to the restrooms. There was plenty of space between other campsites, but there were no rowdy groups so wouldn’t have mattered. The sugar loaf trail is our favorite! Dog friendly too!!

NOT ENOUGH STARS!

Lisa and Brian are some of the nicest people I've ever met, Lisa is the epitome of Southern charm and hospitality and Brian my brother in arms my shipmate gave me a much needed lesson in sawmills which I appreciate more than he will ever know! Their place is a lil slice of heaven and a welcome escape from the world let their animals sooth your whoas and leave a better person and let me tell you leaving was hard. Thanks Lisa and Brian you will not be forgotten easily!

Nice good sized campground right on the outskirts of Myrtle Beach

This is a pretty big campground. RV's rule the roost here. Most of the tent sites are on the rightmost section of the park (with the exeption of the tent only site on a separate far left section of the park). There are also cabins available at this park There was a good cross section of people. Many different age groups, and walks of life. Really friendly and chill park. Some very nice decorated tents and one really cool old 'skoolie' (actually a retired Air Force transport bus) which was my favorite of the lot. The beach is only 200 meters away, and there are some nature trails and a nature center as well. The camp store stays open till 9pm and they have plenty of wood and most of the things you will need. And they dont charge you up on items either!

The campsites are clean and feature a water spigot AND a power outlet, even for the tent sites! Tent sites usually do not get power outlets. There is also wifi included, which is another plus.

Now. This is a cool place, but the sites are really close to each other. You WILL get to know your neighbors. Also, you are on the approach/departure pattern for Myrtle Beach International, so planes will be 500 feet above you. Makes for nice photography, but just an fyi.

This is a great option for staying at Myrtle Beach, and if you are with a group and/or really social, you will enjoy this park.

More than Camping

My husband and I stayed there for two weeks in January. It is a true resort. It has indoor pools, outdoor pools, waterslide, putt putt, bowling alley, and an arcade. We ate dinner one night in the restaurant and it was absolutely wonderful. The chef actually came out and spoke with us. The grounds are immaculately kept. The sites are all flat but there is not much space between the sites. If you’re used to camping in a state campground with trees and space between the sites, this is not the place for you.

We are going back in a week with my children. Two of my children and their families are renting the tiny houses that are available for rent. My husband and I will be in our camper it will be the hub for the family gatherings. Great place for kids to ride their bikes and splash in the water park. Can’t wait.