Brunswick , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Brunswick Camping Reviews
Fun family trip

We spend three nights at Ocean Lakes. I didn't have much contact with any on the staff except for check in and the one night we ate there at their little resteraunt. Staff wasn't overly friendly, but no one was rude. The campsite was roomier than I actually expected, we were in K section and had a concrete pad, our site was very level with a large tree. We were a short walk away from the beach! Overall our stay was enjoyable. The bath houses were clean, and the campground well maintained. We did have dog waste on our site when we arrived, so that was kind of gross, but overall people seemed to pick up after their pets. If you like quiet I would avoid the weekends in October, due to their Halloween celebration. Lots of kids on golf carts, speed limit is 10 MPH but it wasn't enforced on Friday night as far as I could tell, we had a couple of close calls. Quiet time is at 11 and on Friday night it was noisy past midnight, but the two nights before that the campground was very laid back and quiet. The pool was very cold (off season) but my son still loved it and it is a very nice area. The beach is the best part, it was beautiful! Overall I recommend this campground, and we will stay here again!

Convenient and Great Amenities

We just finished our stay at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC. We enjoyed it and will return.

Cons: no shade, sites really tight, a lot of golf carts zooming around, internet flakey - if you could stay connected it was good, site not level

Pros: right on the beach, a ton of amenities - including potable water, affordable for being on the beach with full hookup (e,w,s,c,i), concrete pad available, super easy to get to (it has its own intersection redlight).

*picture from our site to show distance to ocean - less than 100 steps. Site #2073

The Best Campground in MB

This campground has it all!! So much to do here .. safe place to stay .. A+

Family oriented

This place was great but unfortunately we only got to stay 2 days before being evacuated for a hurricane. The campground did give us a voucher to come back at a later time. The bath houses were clean and they had several activities going on at the pool

Quiet, cozy and relaxing

My wife and I were looking for a place to escape for a couple of days. We found this campground and decided to go. This place is wonderful. The sites are far enough apart you don’t get interrupted by the neighboring campsites but the campground isn’t so big you have to drive everywhere. We had a shaded site, which most of the sites there are shaded, it had full hook ups and a fire ring. The staff was helpful and very easy to approach about any issues that would come up. There is a playground for kids and I could see our kids riding their bikes around with no issues at all. It is very short ride to the beach and there is a grocery store, ice cream shop, and a few restaurants nearby. I cannot wait to go back. We stayed at site 4.

Words can't describe!

This place is crazy fun! If you want a quiet, low key place in the summer, this is not for you. But if you want lively, family fun, crazy golf carts and friendly campers, then you should check this place out! We loved it and will be back!

Place for family

Great place for your family to have a great weekend or week at the beach. Lots of kid things to do close to shopping centers and eight in the beach.

AMAZING

Very friendly, and clean! The employees are super respectful.

Small city

This place is huge. It’s comparable to a small city. There’s a lot of houses and a good bit of campsites. A golf cart is a must have here to get around. The lots are nice some are concrete and others aren’t. They are full hookup with cable. In the section we stayed in had very few trees so I’d recommend a pop up tent. Has a restaurant and laundry mat on site as well as a store. Very nice pool with a couple water slides and a lazy river.

Summer destination

We have stayed at Lakewood for the last 10 years for our summer vacation. This year we booked 2 weeks and rode out our first hurricane!! We really enjoy the quite family atmosphere and the short walk to the beach. The water park is super fun for our children. They love the water slides and I love the lazy river that allows me to float around and watch them. My kids love to go fishing at night and crabbing at the inlet. We ride golf carts and enjoy the activities the campground provide. The bathhouses are usually clean. They have a good coffee house and store with really good food. We really enjoy our summers at Lakewood!!