Atlantic, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Atlantic Camping Reviews
Nice little camp

Nice little campground well kept. Make sure you don’t check in after hours lol. Make sure you bring good bug spray!!!

This was an amazing trip.

One of my favorite trips to date. Everything was amazing.

Very clean

We enjoyed our stay very much. Each site is grassy, well maintained.

Nice, convenient and secluded

Found the campground on a map and went to see what it was all about. Sites are very large and well maintained. The bathroom is a vaulted toilet. The water spot is close to sites. No power, that makes it real camping. Great experience.

Small Tidy Riverfront Campground

Flanners Beach is tucked away just off of Hwy 70 outside historic New Bern NC. It’s a small campground overlooking the mighty Neuse River. Most sites are level. Sewer is not offered but of course they have a dump. Water and electric is available and camp fees are very reasonable. There is a sand beach to enjoy and you are within 10 miles of both New Bern and Havelock where Cherry Point Marine Corp base is located.

Great location

Clean camp grounds, could use additional shower. Overall great experience.

Great location

Clean camp grounds, could use additional shower. Overall great experience.

Great sound views.

First time staying here in early November and what a nice campground. Reserved a site but when I pulled up to my spot it was all muddy and rutted up. Back up to the office I went and she said to pick any of the sites but the ones already reserved. Clean bathrooms. Hot showers. Cool tent sites in the trees. One thing I will say is I didn’t expect the mosquitos to be this bad in November. They are a different breed than what we have back home. Other than that just a normal good campground with added features to make your stay great. Would stay again but next time to try the cabins.

Clean and Friendly

My first campsite with my new-to-me T@B trailer. We camped right up against tall grassy dunes so we were protected from the wind. Could hear the ocean at night. Super clean bathhouse. The staff would drive around 3 times per day to collect your trash. Once they picked up my awning poles and put on the trailer to throw away—they’re not kidding when the say everything and anything will be picked up! Had to chase them down but retrieved so all was good. WiFi was not great but who cares when you’re practically parked on the beach. Will def go back here. Too late in season so I didn’t use but they also have salt water pool!

Beautiful beach camping!

Love this park. Bear Island is only accessible by boat. So you have to pay a small fee for the ferry ride that takes you to Bear Island. Or you can canoe or kayak. You have to hike with all your camping gear less than a mile to the beach. There is not much shade on the hike there but it wasn't bad on a hot summer day.

The beach camping spots are right in front of the dunes. We went on Labor Day weekend and there was no one there! So peaceful and serene. Lots of shells to find! And what a beautiful beach. There are nice bathrooms, water, and a snack bar that is open during the summer (cash only). Lots of picnic tables here as well.

Planning on coming back here next summer and staying longer! Such a unique camping experience!