Equestrian
About Cain Hollow (Quaker Area) - Allegany State Park
Drive In, Boat In
Cain Hollow (Quaker Area) - Allegany State Park is located in New York
6 Reviews of Cain Hollow (Quaker Area) - Allegany State Park
Hands down favorite campground to visit!

tWe've been coming to this campground since I was a kid, and we always rent out the Horseshoe cabins on the Quaker side. Great rustic leave your worries behind kinda camping. Great places to go fishing, rock climbing, catching crayfish, having awesome fires and spending time with friends. The scenery is hands down unbelievable and there is always a ton of things to do. They have an amplitheater that has events happening all the time, and a nice playground for the kids. Spend the day having a cookout or spend the week! Its well worth the visit!

This is a great vacation area.....spend a week!

Did you know this is NY's largest state campground? We stopped here on a rainy night, but what we saw convinced me we need to return. I know this campground is a vacation destination for families in western NY.

Cain Hollow is in the Quaker Run area which includes Quaker Lake. There is another campground in the Red House Area, and there are also lots of cabins. This is definitely a 4 seasons park - hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing….

I was able to take photos of a few sites the next morning. You can see that sites are private and you're definitely in the woods. There are food storage boxes at all campsites because you're in bear country.

Huge park, lots to do, could be better managed

We enjoyed the hiking trails and the beach with a new modern beach house. There were lots of nature programs put on by the park. The campsites were a little too closely spaced, and no one enforced quiet hours. We could hear people laughing and carrying on all night long.

site 131

We stayed at site 131. It was nice and clean. We were not far from the bathrooms. But this area, all of the camp sites are right in top of each other. It was great for the kids because they were able to find instant friends and ride their bikes around. But if you are looking for a little more space, I would try to find a slightly larger site in the park. The lake is a great place to spend some time. There is a nice big playground. Spot to grab some ice cream/snack. The kayaks and small water craft rentals rare a little pricy. But if you are looking for something to do, it’s not terrible. Overall it is a nice experience.

Largest State Park in NYS

This campground has something for everyone-camper and RV sites with and without electric, tent sites, single cabins, group cabins, etc. It has two beaches, several hiking trails that range in difficulty, points of interest (ex-thunder rocks is a must see), two camp stores, a museum, gift shop and restaurants. It truly has something for every kind of camper.

Always a favorite

Allegany State Park can always be counted on for a perfect weekend. The rustic cabins offered through most of the Quaker Area are a bargain and never have a problem staying toasty on cold nights with their wood burning stoves. The views are beautiful and although you're not far from city amenities, when you're in the park, it feels like you're light years away from the hustle and bustle. Poor, to no cell phone reception in the Quaker Area adds to the remoteness. I love Allegany so much that I got married in the Quaker Pavilion 2 years ago! It's a place that I adore and cannot wait to share with a family one day!