Camping in Sewell Ford

230 Reviews of 30 Sewell Ford, Missouri Campgrounds

N
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Doesn't feel like MO

I've been going to klondike since I was in the scouts. Once I started to drive I tried to go out atleast once a year.

Blair
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Unexpectedly nice spot along I-70

Friendly staff at check-in. Firewood was delivered promptly. Had a shady pull thru site. Was convenient to I-70. Very quiet. A mix of seasonals and those traveling through. Pool was sparkling clean. Restrooms were not private but were clean. Camp store was cute.

Robyn C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Peaceful

We stayed in our pop-up camper that was close to the road at the front of the campground. Across the road was the river so we were close to the river which was very nice. We did take a walk through the campground which is very large. We found a dry riverbed where we looked at rocks. There was a…

Robyn C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Mixed reviews

We were parked on a hill with lots of gravel. Campsites are very narrow. But there was a very nice pond to fish at although it was a bit of a hike to get to. They have a dog park which was nice.

j
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

quaint and quiet, cave-tacular

Stayed here last night and was thrilled to see the platforms were clean, I cracked concrete, with plenty of grass space to boot. The lots, at least 1-9 are well spaced. The proximity to the cave tour is wondrous and worthwhile

judd M.
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Great accommodations and a beautiful river

We stayed 2 nights in our van. Campsites are close but could be worse. River is gorgeous and the park offers trails, caves, cabins, clean showers/bathrooms and friendly staff.

Cayelea B.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Clean, quiet, and private

We stayed in space 46 for one night. Great view. Then entire campground was empty. I recommend for view 45 and 46. Although these spots are far from the river, they have the most privacy and best view.

Phil W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

A hidden gem in Missouri

Washington State Park is a hidden gem in Missouri! We camped in mid-March 2021 for 7 days and thoroughly enjoyed the area. They had just opened a new shower house which was clean and well kept. The campground hosts were especially helpful and friendly. The prehistoric Petroglyphs nearby are a must…

Aimee The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2021

Quiet site around a former quarry

A few drive up sites and lots of hike in spots around a quarry turned lake. Beautiful and clean setting. We stayed in site 24. There were picnic tables and a fire pit at our site. Great for tent camping, not sure that trailers or anything larger than a car is allowed

Bethany H.
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2021

Perfect weekend getaway

Absolutely beautiful and serene. Close to town but so quiet

Caitlin F.
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2021

Great floating camp ground!

My husband and I went here for one of our first camping trips in our travel trailer. We really enjoyed our time here! They have a few different clusters of camp sites and cabins as well. We did a 5 mile float which was amazing! They bus you up river and then you end up back at the campground. We…

Todd C.
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2021

Amazing gem!

Great staff who helped me reserve last minute. Loved the campground even the occasional coyote!

T
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2021

One of our favorites!

We absolutely love this campground! We have camped here several times. They have a general store with just about anything you could need. The pizza from the restaurant is very good as well. We spent a week here in July and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Very nice owners as well! It’s our…