The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Mountain Grove , MISSOURI

Most Recent Mountain Grove Camping Reviews
Nice campsite

Very accommodating campground. Has a nicely stocked store when you come in for anything you might have forgotten. Bathrooms were a little cramped but clean. Clean showers. We stayed in a campsite on the river. The campsites are a little close together but no one was at the one next to us so it did not feel so bad. Staff was very nice and friendly. Campgrounds are right outside of town if you need to go get anything they might not have at the store. I would stay here again. We enjoyed it

I love this place!!

at the very back where it connects to the current river are some amazing bluffs to jump off of

Would Not Recommend

I have only stayed there once, and that was once too often. I made a reservation for a group of ten over the phone, explaining that some were traveling separately and would be arriving at varying times. I was assured that they had plenty of room and that it would not be a problem. When we arrived, we were led to our campsite by an unhappy young woman on a 4 wheeler. Our campsite consisted of a large, unlevel plot of sand, devoid of any trees or shade save one young tree by the road, and a broken grill. We inquired about a picnic table, so she drove off and came back ten minutes later dragging a bent table behind her ATV, which she dropped in the middle of the sand, leaving us to drag it onto a level spot. So, we decided to make the best of it and set up camp. As our friends arrived, we had to go up to the entrance and meet them since no one at the office would tell them where our apparently unnumbered campsite was. All through the night, we were disturbed by people cutting through and walking right next to our tents to the restroom on the other side of us. There was one water spigot nearby, but it did not work, They had showers, which you had to pay for, but didn't have any hot water.
Maybe I'm spoiled, but I have stayed at many, many campgrounds that cost far less than the $100 per night we were charged here, that offered much better accommodations. I guess I mistakenly assumed that picnic tables and at least partial shade on solid ground were kind of standard offerings for campgrounds.

Hike in and camp, or just hike for day use!!

This area is a wilderness area so camping is plentiful.  However in this particular are there is no organized campsite specifically.  Instead there are several areas where you can with permissions hike in and stay.

My suggestion for camping along this area are to check with local restrictions, there are some that you will want to make sure you know first hand.   Sometimes fire restrictions do change and these can be found at the beginning of the trails on the kiosks.   Some areas also are not permitted for overnight parking so you want to check those out before venturing into the wilderness for a lengthy time.

Check with rangers of the area to make sure you are not in a register only or permit only area for camping!!  Very important in this region.

Bring everything and then plot your course.

The 4 mile hike is amazing and has many beautiful view points however it is also quite treacherous in some areas.    This area is also one which you will find many snakes lurking during warmer months so beware!!!!

I always suggest on wilderness hikes to not hike alone or camp alone but this one I found to be more problematic with limited to no cell service for assistance should you encounter danger.

Be careful but have fun!!!

Great views, close to fishing and off roading

The place is all new! Plenty of spots to pick from. Great convenient store, Diesel fuel/def. They even got a place to park your horse. About every thing you want to do is near by, I recommend you to give this place a try first before going anywhere else. They are Open all year round!

Our favorite in Eminence

A beautiful riverfront campground on the Jack’s Fork River.

Beautiful scenic best spot

This is on the North Fork River, blue green crystal clear water, vault toilets only, in October after closing can be solo camping.           Long beautiful drive in, narrow road would not reccomend for motorhome over 20' or any large camper as there is no backing up or turn arounds.

Shannon County, Missouri Address: Birch Tree, MO 65438 Phone:(573) 323-4236

Free in off season

Small n quiet

On North Fork river, open sites w fire pits.  Best for tents n small rigs, vault toilets. No other facilities, river is popular for water activities, kayaking, canoe, river trips fishing.