The best GROUP camping near
Clearmont , MISSOURI

Most Recent Clearmont Camping Reviews
One of the best sw Iowa Lakes

I will first off stay I have not been to a lot of Iowa parks. But I will say the ones I have been to, that this is the nicest or one of them. They have concessions, boat rentals, boating of all types, fishing, and trails. There are very nice picnic areas, and the bathrooms or restroom facilities are clean. This place is fantastic and offers a lot to anyone. So give it a try.

Nice little lake a stones throw from Viliscia

We been to Viking Lake a few times over the years. And it has been cool to see this place evolve over time. They did drain this lake a few years back. But this little place has a lot to offer for campers. There trails, fishing, and kayaking. There is also a swimming area and beach and clean barhrooms. I have no problem with staying at place anytime.

A true outdoorsmen and fisherman's paradise

This place is a private, and quiet area. You almost get a vibe at first that your somewhere you should be. Than you get a look at that lake and forget about. Charity lake sits in between or in a valley of hills. You see these hills will all this plush green trees around this lake. I can only imagine what this place looks like in the fall with the different color of foilage. There is a dirt road that takes you to the other side of the lake, but not much there. The campsites aren't really but a fire ring. But for primitive campers that all you need. There is out house there, and about it. This place is not for the faint of heart, but there is a lot of beauty in nature. But I will tell you I am already planning a trip to this place with my oldest here.

Great trip!

Nicely maintained. Nice clean no-wake lake. Gets very quiet at 10:30 curfew. Clean showers/bathroom once the night bugs were cleared out.

Back to the basics

Large park over 3,000 acres, plenty of hiking trails to enjoy. I really didn't see any trails suitable for bicycling, if biking around RV sites its very hilly and hard to ride. Forget about wifi, hard to find if you can find it at all and no attena tv, your really out in the middle of nowhere, but its a nice park to get away . Only downside, with 134 RV sites there is only one dump station, just dont get in a hurry leaving if you have to dump your RV.

Just might be my favorite

It has been many years since I went to this park. We use to take my oldest here when he was little. We finally came back, and right off the bat, while entering the park we see 2 eagles soaring above. We drove through the park and wow what a ecological beauty. You get down in the valley by the river you almost forget your in Nebraska. There are also several things to do in this park. First the obvious is all the miles, and miles of trails available, and the fishing. There is also horseback riding, discgolf, a archery range, shooting range. There is also a history museum of the area (which was closed due to covid), a living history area with a blacksmith, broom shop, and soap (which was also closed). There is also a old school house, the old town St Derion cementary, and half breed cementary. Also the stairs to the cave was closed (due to the floods of 2019). Even due to the park not fully open the place is a most see for any camper.

Quiet and Secluded

Three separate campgrounds one even for horseback with corrals. Very secluded but nice.

Great for car camping

Just car tent camped here with my fiancé and dog over the weekend. We had many camp sites to choose from because it’s back to school time in NE (timing, timing, timing)! Basic tent sights are first come, $15 a night. The park offered firewood ($6) and ice for sale. Lots of hiking trails with different levels of difficulty and elevation. Most drive up camp sites have outhouses nearby. We sometimes drove up to the group tent sites where they have clean bathrooms, running water and showers (need quarters for shower). We had a great time and enjoyed being surrounded by all the lovely trees. Staff were friendly and the park was clean. Only bummer is the steps to the “cave” is still closed.

Quiet and private

Great place. Nice lake, pretty camp site. Full primitive.

Pretty Decent Campground

The bathrooms and showers were well kept. Was lucky and got a campsite under some shade, but quite a few weren't so lucky. Ended up with site 60, right in front of the showers and bathrooms, which was great but also sucked. As soon as the bathroom doors opened the fans came on, which late at night was kind of annoying. Firewood is not sold on the campground, so you can burn what's on the ground or head to Hyvee for some wood in town. Unfortunately we got there late the first day so Hyvee had just closed and we had to try to find sticks in the dark. There are no signs showing what numbers were in that area or to the beach area, bathrooms, or garbage so you just have to explore to find it. Also there are lots of deer in the area at all hours of the day, so keep an eye out for them when traveling to and from town,

Overall it was a great weekend and will probably be back. The only thing I really wish, was that the firepit be cleaned before we got to the site. We had to try and dig out all the burnt cans and foil with sticks.